Anime Central Forums
GITS SAC Motoko

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread!

I've just bought some shorts for a costume that are size medium. I worked my way down from XL to L, so now I've just got a little more to go and the costume will fit just the way I want it to! Now to make the costume....@_@

I've just bought some shorts for a costume that are size medium. I worked my way down from XL to L, so now I've just got a little more to go and the costume will fit just the way I want it to! Now to make the costume....@_@

I know how you feel. I've been working down from bigger but it's those little steps in between when you realize you're actually making progress that really help. You are doing great based on that not keep going!! You can do it!

STVO   

I'm really hitting back up on the healthy foods and exercise. Unfortunately put on a little weight between my trip out of the country and during the holiday season, so I'm hoping to get back to where I want and some before C2E2/ACen. Today I did over an hour of Dance Dance Revolution and I'm hoping to start eating more fruits and vegetables for snacks. Gotta look good as Danny Phantom at ACen, right? :D

Keep up everyone and don't give up. I know the weather is getting colder, but find something that will be beneficial to you indoors or find the clothes that will help you outdoors (but be safe!)

Sticking hard to my calories and I'm down 57 pounds! I'm in the home stretch now with 3 gym days on the weekend and 4 days of Jillian!

That's fantastic. Congrats. Keep up the good work.

An update on myself, I've finally started running and I'm down another 20 lbs for a combined loss of 140 lbs.

Isamu   

one way to help with calories is to keep a meal/food diary. Trying really hard to get my calorie count up to 4000 daily.

Most people are saying weight loss and stuff, but here I am with weight increases. lol XD I know I'm losing weight, but I'm also getting much stronger. My weight limit is increasing a lot faster then when I was at the gym the last time (when I went 2 years straight) Trying to hit a mile without stopping from a brisk jog. That was my crowning achievement last time, now it's just a checkpoint to a further goal.

I like lifting with aerobics. I can divide stuff up since lifting burns calories too (not as much, but it does. Helps burns fat and increases metabolism) And I'm watching my calorie count. I'm not really for those diaries. I just keep up with the numbers and stick with it.

Also Isamu, make sure you aren't making it 4,000 calories of bad food! lol

Isamu   

Most people are saying weight loss and stuff, but here I am with weight increases. lol XD I know I'm losing weight, but I'm also getting much stronger. My weight limit is increasing a lot faster then when I was at the gym the last time (when I went 2 years straight) Trying to hit a mile without stopping from a brisk jog. That was my crowning achievement last time, now it's just a checkpoint to a further goal.

I like lifting with aerobics. I can divide stuff up since lifting burns calories too (not as much, but it does. Helps burns fat and increases metabolism) And I'm watching my calorie count. I'm not really for those diaries. I just keep up with the numbers and stick with it.

Also Isamu, make sure you aren't making it 4,000 calories of bad food! lol

Two protein shakes, three eggo waffles, two Arby's turkey bacon ranch sandwiches,two chick fila deluxe spicy chicken sandwiches, and a six pack of strongbow. That was my intake for Tuesday. Probably should eat a little healthier.

STVO   

If anyone has any race info, please feel free to share (well for Illinois is my preference but if any of my out-of-state friends want to share for others, please do so as well :D). I will be running in the Super Bowl Shuffle held early morning on SuperBowl Sunday. Here's the info:

http://www.active.com/running/geneva-il/5k-super-bowl-shuffle-2012

If you're a big NFL fan, you won't miss any of the game (as long as you're not coming from hours away and have to be back at a certain time) and it gets your Sunday morning work out done. I haven't registered yet, but I'll make it "to-do" before 2/1/12 because the price goes up by $5. I'll have to keep looking for more races as I think those are a great way to keep me active and hey any of you are welcome to join me if you'd like. Have to get ready for those 26 miles later this year! :blink:

Two protein shakes, three eggo waffles, two Arby's turkey bacon ranch sandwiches,two chick fila deluxe spicy chicken sandwiches, and a six pack of strongbow. That was my intake for Tuesday. Probably should eat a little healthier.

ALOT. lol

Ninjajedi said Carbs, but I'm more worried bout the Saturated fat intake. lol You'll want to gain good weight. That kinda stuff will just get your heart weaker. Protein is good, but make sure you lift weights and drink that...otherwise you'll gain fat. Eat 4,000, but try to add in more fiber, moderate carbs, protein, and the good fats (polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat)

So...no enriched flour bread (pretty much EVERYTHING that isn't whole wheat bread. Basically white bread and regular wheat bread is a no no.) Lean meat (chicken fish) Fruit (but watch out, those have lots of carbs. But apples and the berries (strawberry, blackberry, blueberry etc) are LOADED with good fiber and are very healthy.

But best way to gain weight it to lift weights. It increases muscle mass and then lots of protein.

Isamu   

ALOT. lol

Ninjajedi said Carbs, but I'm more worried bout the Saturated fat intake. lol You'll want to gain good weight. That kinda stuff will just get your heart weaker. Protein is good, but make sure you lift weights and drink that...otherwise you'll gain fat. Eat 4,000, but try to add in more fiber, moderate carbs, protein, and the good fats (polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat)

So...no enriched flour bread (pretty much EVERYTHING that isn't whole wheat bread. Basically white bread and regular wheat bread is a no no.) Lean meat (chicken fish) Fruit (but watch out, those have lots of carbs. But apples and the berries (strawberry, blackberry, blueberry etc) are LOADED with good fiber and are very healthy.

But best way to gain weight it to lift weights. It increases muscle mass and then lots of protein.

My job burns all the carbs I take in and I do hit the gym twice a week. 3200 daily calories at the moment just to stay at 131. I will be spending the weekend cleaning up my diet a little bit.

FOFdanny   

I'm also trying to put on weight, specifically muscle for my cosplay. I'm 5'9 and weighed around 143 when I started lifting. After a month I'm up to 147. My goal is 155-160 by ACen. The hardest part is eating a lot but eating healthy.

JujuFox   

I'm also trying to put on weight, specifically muscle for my cosplay. I'm 5'9 and weighed around 143 when I started lifting. After a month I'm up to 147. My goal is 155-160 by ACen. The hardest part is eating a lot but eating healthy.

My brother is also trying to gain muscle for his cosplay, and his name is Danny too! Weird. He is about 6'3" though and really scrawny.

Does anyone know the method to get lean on weight machines if you don't want to make your muscles bigger? I'm a woman so I can't really make my muscles too bid, but I remember hearing like in gym class that there are a few different approaches you can take on weight machines if you want to gain muscle or not.

Does anyone know the method to get lean on weight machines if you don't want to make your muscles bigger? I'm a woman so I can't really make my muscles too bid, but I remember hearing like in gym class that there are a few different approaches you can take on weight machines if you want to gain muscle or not.

But don't you want to be big and burly? lol

Does anyone know the method to get lean on weight machines if you don't want to make your muscles bigger?

Whether it's a machine or free weight, you will not get big. The physiology between men and women is too different. Plus you've probably read how hard it is for some of the MEN here to even get bigger. Just work hard and you will see results. The last thing you want to do is go too easy. It'll take even longer to see results that way.

If in fact your muscles do grow insanely fast for some reason, all you need to do is stop lifting. Those hulk muscles will go right back to what they used to.

Well, I'm really trying to tone my legs for that school girl outfit. I'm looking into starting tennis again as well as hitting my school's gym and pool. I love swimming, it's a great way to kick calories and have fun at the same time. Plus swimmers have some sweet bodies. I actually have heart troubles so running isn't all that easy for me and DDR or fitness videogames are out of the question as I live in an apartment and you can hear EVERYTHING. My poor downstairs neighbor would kill me. I have no real goal for ACen as far as shedding pounds, I just want to get in slightly better shape. :D

Well, I'm really trying to tone my legs for that school girl outfit. I'm looking into starting tennis again as well as hitting my school's gym and pool. I love swimming, it's a great way to kick calories and have fun at the same time. Plus swimmers have some sweet bodies. I actually have heart troubles so running isn't all that easy for me and DDR or fitness videogames are out of the question as I live in an apartment and you can hear EVERYTHING. My poor downstairs neighbor would kill me. I have no real goal for ACen as far as shedding pounds, I just want to get in slightly better shape. :D

I tried swimming and it just didn't work for me. Maybe I was doing it wrong but I just wasn't feeling it. But I digress. I think if it works, do it. So you can do it! Good luck!

It's not for everyone. The atmosphere really bugs some people, it's almost never private and the chlorine is terrible. I've always loved water for some reason though, so I enjoy a couple stretches in the water and then a few laps. I've always been too timid to try water aerobics though, I always picture older people working out together, I think I'd feel so alone. What's your preferred method, magi?

It's not for everyone. The atmosphere really bugs some people, it's almost never private and the chlorine is terrible. I've always loved water for some reason though, so I enjoy a couple stretches in the water and then a few laps. I've always been too timid to try water aerobics though, I always picture older people working out together, I think I'd feel so alone. What's your preferred method, magi?

Well when I did it, I pretty much did streches then laps. Big thing to remember is to keep your legs moving or you'll only really feel it in your shoulders and arms. The atmosphere is pretty nice at my gym but you are right. There are a lot of old people (at least at my gym). I'm actually going running tomorrow with a friend to get some pointers as to what to do.

:[ I'm allergic to chlorine so I can only swim in pools that use alternate cleaners which, around here, there are none. So, I stick with lakes.... Which are frozen over right now...

:[ I'm allergic to chlorine so I can only swim in pools that use alternate cleaners which, around here, there are none. So, I stick with lakes.... Which are frozen over right now...

There are people that go swimming in those lakes.....and then are sent to the hospital for hypothermia

There are people that go swimming in those lakes.....and then are sent to the hospital for hypothermia

Yes, that's true. I won't be dumb enough to be one of those people. xD

I already eat pretty well, so I'm working out to get rid of the flabby fat flab >_<

some links I use:

dieting

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/

work out at home

http://www.youtube.com/user/inshape4u

My goal is 20lbs in 2 months, but I'll be happy with 10.

Edited by code2destroy

I'm kind of a girl when it comes to swimming in lakes and oceans. I freaked out over a jellyfish once as I was boogey boarding. And fish against the ankles in the lakes is never pleasant.

I live in Wisconsin, right next to a lake. Like, three blocks away. But it's in Milwaukee so I would never swim there. D: Although I do know several people that enjoy a dip in the freezing water and several strange people that do the Polar Plunge.

@ code Nice links! If anyone has an iPhone or other smart phone, I use http://www.loseit.com/ It's like Weight Watchers only its FREE. ; D

It's been a while I've been on here but I've been watching what I have been eating. I'm going back to my school gym tomorrow. I have such inspiration now that I have two friends getting on me and that KollisionCon 2012 (where I would like to debut as Lucy perhaps if I get in shape enough :3) is official so I need to really get going. :D

It's been a while I've been on here but I've been watching what I have been eating. I'm going back to my school gym tomorrow. I have such inspiration now that I have two friends getting on me and that KollisionCon 2012 (where I would like to debut as Lucy perhaps if I get in shape enough :3) is official so I need to really get going. :D

Just like you have faith in us, I have faith in you. You can do it!!!!! Your cosplay is gonna look awesome

Isamu   

Slowly working myself back in the gym. I'm 25 lbs. from benching my weight and I start legs on Friday. Not looking forward to squats and deadlifts.