Anime Central Forums
okaonos

THE END IS COMING!

okaonos   

Putting this in the Insanity forum, because clearly the topic is totally insane.

We all survived "the rapture" that was supposed to happen during ACen, on May 21. OOPS JUST KIDDING, turns out the end of the world is actually October 21. Harold Camping, the Evangelist who made the claim in the first place, revised his prophecy. Supposedly about 140000 people were silently judged and taken to heaven on Saturday, but the actual destruction of the earth won't take place for another 5 months. Sorry kids, Halloween is cancelled this year!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/harold-camping-reaffirms-october-date-for-the-end-of-the-world-says-may-21-date-was-invisible-judgment-day/2011/05/24/AFVsMhAH_story.html

I hope this guy makes another end-times prediction next year. I enjoyed having a rapture party during ACen.

LOL- I bet it gets even crazier with Halloween right around the corner. And of all those 140000 we know none of them were at ACen us heathens. lol jk

okaonos   

I can only imagine the costumes people will come up with for Halloween. Perhaps some people will celebrate early this year?

If it seriously is the end of the world I for one would be seriously angry I couldn't celebrate Halloween ^.^ but this is becoming a bit like cry wolf, and when we least expect it is going to really happen.

Who wants to bet he commits suicide either the 21st or 22nd so he doesn't know how things play out/have to deal with being wrong again? (Not trying to offend anyone with the suicide remark, cause suicide is serious, but yeah ;P)

Rapture would have happened if not for the heroics of the Macho Man Randy Savage.

Randy Savage died for our sins so that he can go to heaven and atomic drop Jesus Christ before he was going to blow up the earth!

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2011/05/e0faf7b1d1c7ac1fc6aaca056804795f/original.jpg

OH man..haha i feel so lucky that he was here! lol I think we need to resurrect him for October Zombie-Macho Man Randy he can stop the next apocolypse.

obakasan   

My reading of the stories was that May 21st was a "judgement day" only. Nobody left. Yet. The actual day of destruction is now Oct. 21, but the chosen have already now been chosen and nothing can change that. If you weren't placed on the A List May 21st, you are out of luck. However I also read it as meaning that anyone who DID make it onto the list are now free to party like it's 1999... Time to catch up on all that sinning they were putting off. Won't count.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what this fellow will do if Oct 21 comes and goes without incident.

Rukariou   

However I also read it as meaning that anyone who DID make it onto the list are now free to party like it's 1999... Time to catch up on all that sinning they were putting off. Won't count.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what this fellow will do if Oct 21 comes and goes without incident.

God won't care but the law still will. Oh gosh. I see a lot of people pleading insanity in court these coming months. "GOD DOESN'T JUDGE ME (anymore)"

Putting this in the Insanity forum, because clearly the topic is totally insane.

We all survived "the rapture" that was supposed to happen during ACen, on May 21. OOPS JUST KIDDING, turns out the end of the world is actually October 21. Harold Camping, the Evangelist who made the claim in the first place, revised his prophecy. Supposedly about 140000 people were silently judged and taken to heaven on Saturday, but the actual destruction of the earth won't take place for another 5 months. Sorry kids, Halloween is cancelled this year!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/harold-camping-reaffirms-october-date-for-the-end-of-the-world-says-may-21-date-was-invisible-judgment-day/2011/05/24/AFVsMhAH_story.html

I hope this guy makes another end-times prediction next year. I enjoyed having a rapture party during ACen.

What about 2012?

KOLKOLKOLKOLKOLKOL I should beat every human who keeps saying the world is going to end without the sun exploding, which is a proven fact, with a pipe.

Rukariou   

What about 2012?

KOLKOLKOLKOLKOLKOL I should beat every human who keeps saying the world is going to end without the sun exploding, which is a proven fact, with a pipe.

Or asteroids. Just sayin'.

IF IT DOESN'T COME FROM SPACE, WE'LL BE OKAY.

Aliens included.

Kasin   

then it will be may 21st 2012! then october 21st 2012! and etc.

too bad he didn't revise this before some people killed themselves and their kids.

Edited by Kasin

My reading of the stories was that May 21st was a "judgement day" only. Nobody left. Yet. The actual day of destruction is now Oct. 21, but the chosen have already now been chosen and nothing can change that. If you weren't placed on the A List May 21st, you are out of luck. However I also read it as meaning that anyone who DID make it onto the list are now free to party like it's 1999... Time to catch up on all that sinning they were putting off. Won't count.

SWEET! I'm gonna start REALLY messing around now since, well, I AM on the A list after all! Yup, born again Christian and all that (yet one who actually reads the Bible). Where this guy blew it is the whole "non one knows the day nor hour" thing.

Ohh, by the way, too bad this guy can't be forced to pay back all those people that spent loads of money proclaiming the rapture. Of course making people pay for sheer stupidity IS a good idea...

Still, who is up for a post failed rapture prediction party at Youmacon?

too bad he didn't revise this before some people killed themselves and their kids.

This makes me sad. :/ Moreso for the kids, who had no choice. If there is some sort of heaven/afterlife, hope those poor kids find peace.

Kasin   

This makes me sad. :/ Moreso for the kids, who had no choice. If there is some sort of heaven/afterlife, hope those poor kids find peace.

same, this guy is pretty jacked up in the head to make people believe this stuff.

I mean the kids trust there parents, and they did that...why?

why would any one kill themselves? if u believe in god so much, wouldn't that send u right to hell?

during the end of the world i'm going to play my favorite game, eat my favorite food/candy, drink my favorite drink, watch my favorite anime, and read my favorite manga/comic with my daughter and wife...and maybe some other stuff.

-JUNK-   

So just saying this for 2012 im planning on having a end of the world party.

No sleeping because we got to record this crap

*looks over horizon* "Is that a car with a fish mailbox on the roof?"

*facepalm*

SO after this whole rapture thing of laughing and celebrating the day and obviously nobody at ACen or people I know have vanished.

I came back to this house "reasons why Im online" >3> my house sucks no web.

BUT the crazy guy upstairs yeah he still believes the worlds going to end.

October 21st! Bring it on!

Also I like how the local churches celebrated the Rapture after it happened.

This picture isn't edited in anyway I got out of a car and walked up to the sign and snapped a picture.

Funny Church Image

ya know this came to mind today, why isn't some butthead trying to sue this guy for money? Hes got to of drove someone nuts off the edge with how many crazy people there are in this world.

eh once the looting starts im just going to sit in the house and hope all goes well. =)