Anime Central Forums

So I'm going to bring this thread up from the graveyard with a question that's been chewing at me for awhile now.

I'm a tall girl, and a lot of the people I meet at convention photo shoots are a lot smaller than I am. Do you guys have any tips or suggestions to make this height difference less obvious in pictures?

It's hard to do in a normal cosplay meet up or a hall pic, but if you're having an actual shoot, there are quite a few things you can do! The easiest is to play with perspective. Say you have a set of stairs. Have the shorter person be a step above you and they look taller. Camera angles are another thing that can be played with. A good photog will be able to position you in a way that your heights are a little closer. (for example, if the short person is closer to the camera and the taller person is further away, it alters the perceived height of both). Other things that you can easily do, even in a hall or normal group shoot, would be crouch/sit if the character would. Hope that helps a little :)

It's hard to do in a normal cosplay meet up or a hall pic, but if you're having an actual shoot, there are quite a few things you can do! The easiest is to play with perspective. Say you have a set of stairs. Have the shorter person be a step above you and they look taller. Camera angles are another thing that can be played with. A good photog will be able to position you in a way that your heights are a little closer. (for example, if the short person is closer to the camera and the taller person is further away, it alters the perceived height of both). Other things that you can easily do, even in a hall or normal group shoot, would be crouch/sit if the character would. Hope that helps a little :)/>

Yeah thanks that helps! I'll play around with some things and see what kind of sitting/standing poses I can find to try.