Anime Central Forums
HiroEcks

the ' I'm at work/class' thread

Stuck at work after Thanksgiving I didn't get to work that day ;( so there is nothing to do for most of the time.

I wish that was how work was today for me

Kii   

Supposed to be in class.

Instead I'm in Panera Bread playing Robot Unicorn Attack and reading articles on scientificamerican.com.

Bored.

Fuji   

At work with over 200 families. Oh how I love play for all events.

- the happenings of Chicago Children's Museum

At work once again!!! It started off slow and worked it's way to busy and to dead again. Customers are leaving to their destination so it should die down again. Anyone want to grab drinks after work?

I'm currently on phones, waiting for customers to ask me questions. In the mean time, I'll post and watch some Kenshin. :3

Edited by GITS SAC Motoko

What kind of questions would they ask? Probably really dumb ones. Thats how customers usually roll.

lol~

>Do you have the unlocked iPhone in stock?

Yes.

>Do you guys sell the Kindle?

No, we only sell ipads.

>Do you guys sell the windows discs? I want to put it on my mac.

No, we only sell software to allow you to run windows.

>Do you guys sell the Nook?

No, just the ipad that can be an ereader.

>Hi, I'd like to return my computer i've had it for four months.

No, our return policy is fourteen days.

>WHAT THE #$@#@$#@$@#$#@$@$@#$#$@#@$#@#@!!! YOU #@$#@@#$#$@#$@!

I'm sorry but it's been to long for you to return it!

>#%@$@#@$@#$#@$$@#@# LEMME TALK TO A MANAGER

Okay, one sec please.

*manager* hi, how can I help you today?

>#@$#@@$#@$##@$#@#@$#@@#!!!!!

I'm sorry we can't return that since it is much outside our return policy.

>#@$#@$@$@#$#@$@#$@#$#@$#@@#!!!

*hang up*

HiroEcks   

That sounds about right. I do custom AV install and I've had people ask me if the TV needs to be on for the bluray player to work. I reply, "no, the player will work just fine but if you want to see anything then the TV should probably be on..."

That sounds about right. I do custom AV install and I've had people ask me if the TV needs to be on for the bluray player to work. I reply, "no, the player will work just fine but if you want to see anything then the TV should probably be on..."

That's funny. that's a classic! One of my favorites is the DAY AFTER the iphone 4S came out I had a guy come in and he's like "so when's iphone 5 coming out?" Me and my coworker just look at him, and were like "ummmm....the 4s is techically the 5th iphone...." *face palm*

HiroEcks   

Retail harbors in the best and brightest it seems. People are pretty amazing creatures. I'm not sure which is more funny; when they realize what they asked was totally dumb or when they have no idea.

hahahhahaha lol. yeah it does get interesting. it keeps the job enjoyable. XD though I do think the older folks are so cute when they ask the questions and all since they dont know tons about technology--especially the adorable old ladies I love them! ^_^

I'm on break, hiding in the break room while watching hockey. Go Blackhawks! So far, they're losing. :\

Each day I do retail, the more and more convinced I need to write a book called "Your Cashier Hates You."

Anyone wanna donate their retail horror story? XD Baby has student loans to pay!

I can give you the fast food prospective as a cashier and I want a percent of the profits. I would include how to greet, talk, ask, and order without problems. Then a section on how to properly give a tip and how to to get extras.

I'm still at work! You still have time to leave a message.

I just got back from work.

A customer actually complained I'm too fast (and efficient) at scanning and he felt "rushed."

Nope, I know why you got mad dude.

You didn't get a chance to use all your cheesy pick up lines.

"So are you new?"

"Nope, been here almost a year." *scanscanscan*

"Oh...because I haven't seen you around before. I'm usually here in the evening, maybe that's it."

"Nope, they make me work evening shift a lot." *scanscanscan - done*

"...Oh."

Cue whining about being rushed.