Anime Central Forums
Taka-Breaka

Portable Handhelds at ACen!

Will you be bringing your..?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. 2012 - What will be held in your hands? (Handhelds)

• Game Boy
    • Game Boy Pocket
    • Game Boy Color
    • Game Boy Adavance (GBA)
    • Game Boy SP
    • Nintendo DS
    • Nintendo 3DS
    • Sega Game Gear
    • Playstation Portable (PSP)
    • Playstation Portable Vita (PSP Vita)
    • Mobile (Android)
    • Apple (iPod, iPhone, iPad)
    • None / Other

Ah, well, I used to have them on my flash cart, but like I said before.

New 3DS means I can't use my flash cart anymore.

So I was just thinking of buying the game before the con or not.

And seeing just how many people might actually have the game too.

(Since these are kind of the off the shelves games that no one knows about unless you search for it.)

Also, sort of related. Posted about it in the Pokémon gathering thread too.

If anyone wants to play Pokémon Rumble, I'll have it with me. It uses the TCG cards but works sort of similar to a board game, but a game is maybe only 15 minutes or so. 2-7 players, and you don't even need to know how to play the TCG. Once you understand how to play, it gets really fun!

I'll have my 3ds with me :D Definitely looking for Miis. And I'll have my Pokemon White on me, hoping to meet some people to link with. Also plan on breeding the starters in case anyone needs them.

speaking of pokemon i found a shiny yesterday of a golett, it had high attack and everything but it had the worst ability in the game of can't hold items.

Edited by Visadin the insane

I will also be brining my 3DS hoping to get some more street passes! I only ever get them from my fiancé lol!

lol I know exactly how you feel.

I can only get them from the 3DS display they have at gamestop. And driving back and forth to gamestop every day just for my 3DS streetpass just seems bad.

Youkulm   

Haha yeah. I always make sure my guy turns his on when he comes over just so I can get the hit. Hopefully we'll pass each other. :)

Whoo!

Thank you all con-goers!

I got over 80 street passes.

And over 70 mii's in my plaza.

Thanks everyone!

So many people with 3DS's.

And we totally need a handheld gaming room.

A room where people can play pokemon together, YGO, Advance War, or any other handheld wireless multiplayer game.

(Though, I'm not sure, but don't you need a PS3 to play wirelessly with PSP's? It may have wifi but no wireless without a "PS3 Adhoc server", right?)

Big thanks from me too! :D I got over 100 miis in my plaza now, and I only had myself before the con xD Got all the puzzle pieces and made it to the Ultimate Ghost in Save Mii. Can't wait for next year :D (And if anyone cares to know, my mii is Washu. And from the Miis I found, I think I was 1 out of like only 3 pink ones lol)

I only interacted directly with 3 or 4 other DS's, and that was during the Pokémon tournament. I asked several people throughout the con, but nobody was interested in trading anything. Oh well. I kept my C-Gear on for a lot of the con, so I acquired and cleared many surveys for the Passerby Analytics HQ in Castelia City. I was TJ, incase anyone happens to remember seeing that name.

And we totally need a handheld gaming room.

A room where people can play pokemon together, YGO, Advance War, or any other handheld wireless multiplayer game.

Yes! Very yes. Maybe we could start a topic in the game room's forum?

I hardly used my DS because no one was ever in Picto Chat. :'(

Y'know, I went in a few times but yeah - nobody was in PictoChat. Disappointing because PictoChat is great fun.

Those pokewalkers made it almost impossible to spend ACen 2010 with my friends as we would stop literally every 3 seconds for it, just to find out later you can only have what, 10 saved at a time? I would say yes, but i'd keep it reserved for waiting in line cause we did a LOT of that at ACen 2011

Poll has been updated to accomodate the new 2012 year along with the possibility of PSPVita!

That, and those bringing their apple gear such as iPods and iPhones!

I'm sure I'll bring my 3DS and PSP with me. Not sure how often I'll have them on me though. Probably only if I'm waiting in line for something. i'll have to remember to bring my Pokewalker too!

Jeff   

Poor me, without a 3DS. I may bring Pokemon Black and hand out starters and Eevees and junk like I did a few years back. Would anyone like that?

I'll be bringing my DS Lite and flash card o' doom. If anyone wants to play any of the following, please let me know.

Bangai-O Spirits

Big Bang Mini

Bleach: The 3rd Phantom

Bomberman

Bomberman Land Touch 2

Contra 4

Ketsui Death Label

Meteos

Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

N+

Nanostray 2

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Puyo Pop Fever

Red = games which require one card per player.

Edited by Sir Viver

obakasan   

I have a Nintendo DS Lite. I tried checking out the 3D but my crappy eyes can't handle it (I also have trouble with plain old LCD/LED and other flat screens, including laptops/notebooks). About the only cart I am using at the moment is the Japanese Coach. There seems to be a lack of RPG games, which I prefer, for the DS that I haven't already played (eg the Final Fantasy series). Phooey.

I don't think they ever schedule any handheld tournaments.

At least, as far as I know, handhelds are exactly what they are.

Portable and at will, whenever and wherever.

Though, I do think that scheduling or finding a location for handheld gamers to get together and meet up would be nice.

People can trade and battle pokemon, trade YGO cards if they have those games, race each other, and etc.

As for myself, I'll most likely be bringing my 3DS again, and my PSP (if not just to act as a slightly larger screen to view pictures from my camera.)

DS Lite, with Pokemon White & SoulSilver, Pokemon LeafGreen & FF Tactics Advance; possible GBC for replaying Yellow/Silver, Tetris, and Frogger; and also voted "other" too since Pokewalker totally counts as a pants pocket handheld >w<~

And my phone is kinda necessary (andithasNyanCatandSudokuonit).

...possible GBC for replaying Yellow/Silver, Tetris, and Frogger...

I almost forgot about it, but there was a port of Frogger for Gameboy Color. Does it work with a link cable, or GBC infrared wireless?

I think the only genuine multiplayer game I own for GBC is Tetris. I could bring it along with a link cable... though it might honestly be easier to bring something that doesn't require that other people have the right video game and system. For instance, card games.

I almost forgot about it, but there was a port of Frogger for Gameboy Color. Does it work with a link cable, or GBC infrared wireless?

I think the only genuine multiplayer game I own for GBC is Tetris. I could bring it along with a link cable... though it might honestly be easier to bring something that doesn't require that other people have the right video game and system. For instance, card games.

I'll drag along my link cable as well, as I don't recall what Frogger 2P was based on (better safe than sorry), as well as for WAY old skool Pokemonz trading. I vaguely wanna say it was just a "pass the GBC to Player 2" kind of deal for Frogger, though I could be wrong. I have the original/Fat/Colorless Gameboy version of Tetris, so I have /no/ idea about multiplayer on that.

Card games and stuff, I have some funky old designs games could be played with if I remember to bring 'em (Pokemon Rummy, Harry Potter Uno, Chinese Text deck of cards, etc :3), though I will probably also have my Pokemon decks on me for the matches/trading going on with that all (may or may not bring my binders though).