Anime Central Forums
FlyingElf

Madoka

Gabichox   

I may steal that mug from you ufufuf

I saw so much madoka things I wanted to buy but i wasted my money on stupid stuff XDDD

I was surprised at the amount of mami cosplayers though. So many to omnom!!

Alkaren already tried that. I shot him in cold blood...

I didn't see a lot of Madoka merchandise in the dealer's hall. I had to ask at a booth to even get the mug. Someone else told me they had a T-shirt, but that was it.

I saw a ton of Mami cosplayers too and a few Homura ones and a Kyubei or 2. I'm just waiting for the figmas to come out.

Zilveari   

tl;dr but I must say it's pretty cool how many Mami cosplayers there were! She's my second favorite behind Kyouko. Unfortunately I saw no one cosplaying said fang girl =/

One Mami I spoke to thanked me for recognizing her on Friday though. It's sad that so many people haven't seen this show =/ Someone needs to start up a "Association For the Appreciation of the Awesomeness That Is Puella Magi Madoka Magica"! AFAAPMMM...?

To the person that found my Madoka mug on the smokers balcony:

I hope you enjoy the mug and love it as much as I did, as I surely went on for about 6 hours in GR talking about it and showing it off.

Except unlike FE I hold it around the other way, because Mami, not Homerun (:P) makes me feel better.

I have to share..

if the Bulls lose next time, this would cheer me up. Hell, wish they'd play this at the UC.

Edited by Animexcel

So it WAS stolen!

But then you tried to steal Elf's?

Nah, he tried to steal mine long before he went to buy his own.

That would be my friend Bri, Shall I aquire a picture for you?

I took a picture of her with Mami. Should've took more pictures, but it was crowded in the dealer's room.

Matt   

Yes, I'm reviving a dead thread, but I'm surprised no one did it earlier, since Madoka is slated to be released on DVD & Blu-Ray in the U.S. in February 2012. I'll at least rent it, and wait to buy the box-set if I like it.

I liked it. I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy single dvds or wait for the boxset. I still haven't picked up K-on either because of that too.

Maze   

Just saw this series for the first time last week. Definitely flew under my radar. Thank you amvhell for having a clip that turned me onto it. :P Will definitely have this on the 'to buy' list for BD. Just not sure whether to get individual or wait for box set. Am going to recommend this series to others.

Btw, best...Madoka...amv...ever! (Best watched in 720p)

(Warning: Contains Spoilers)

Edited by Maze

Just saw this series for the first time last week. Definitely flew under my radar. Thank you amvhell for having a clip that turned me onto it. :P Will definitely have this on the 'to buy' list for BD. Just not sure whether to get individual or wait for box set. Am going to recommend this series to others.

Btw, best...Madoka...amv...ever! (Best watched in 720p)

(Warning: Contains Spoilers)

is still my favorite. The song fits the anime in such a chilling way.

I'm on the fence whether to buy the BD. I saw some of the BD episodes, while the enhancements were good, some of the shots they redrawn looked bad, like they did for the heck of it. I didn't like how they ended episode 11 on BD, those times that the broadcast version was better.

Maze   

I'm on the fence whether to buy the BD. I saw some of the BD episodes, while the enhancements were good, some of the shots they redrawn looked bad, like they did for the heck of it. I didn't like how they ended episode 11 on BD, those times that the broadcast version was better.

Isn't the content the same between the DVD and BD? Or are the DVD's the broadcast version and the BD's are the remastered ones? Can't really find any info on this. Worse case scenario, just get the LE version which has both. :P I've seen some side by side comparison shots in various scenes and there are some that the BD is better, others the broadcast seemed better. But I might be biased as I originally saw the broadcast version.

Isn't the content the same between the DVD and BD? Or are the DVD's the broadcast version and the BD's are the remastered ones? Can't really find any info on this. Worse case scenario, just get the LE version which has both. :P I've seen some side by side comparison shots in various scenes and there are some that the BD is better, others the broadcast seemed better. But I might be biased as I originally saw the broadcast version.

I think that BD's content is the same as DVD since they were released at the same time. They made a new ending credits with a happy song for the first episodes, cuz the credits originally appearing over the final scene of the ep. Which brings me to episode 11. Magia started playing while

Madoka showed up in front of Homura.

Maze   

I think that BD's content is the same as DVD since they were released at the same time. They made a new ending credits with a happy song for the first episodes, cuz the credits originally appearing over the final scene of the ep. Which brings me to episode 11. Magia started playing while

Madoka showed up in front of Homura.

Doesn't sound like it's too big an issue. I still plan on buying the BD's. Though as much as I loved Madoka Magica, I may wait till I can get a discount on it. I don't pay full retail often for series. Last one I actually did was Haibane Renmei. :P Will have to decide on Madoka. While the price isn't too bad, it's a bit more than I like to spend when I know I can get it for a discount later on. Going to be hard to resist though. :P I want to show it to friends. :P

Doesn't sound like it's too big an issue. I still plan on buying the BD's. Though as much as I loved Madoka Magica, I may wait till I can get a discount on it. I don't pay full retail often for series. Last one I actually did was Haibane Renmei. :P Will have to decide on Madoka. While the price isn't too bad, it's a bit more than I like to spend when I know I can get it for a discount later on. Going to be hard to resist though. :P I want to show it to friends. :P

I figured out what I'm going to do. Buy the tv series on DVD, then buy the movies on blu-ray when they eventually come out. The animation quality will be better I assume and it's a retelling of the same story.

Ohki   

...So uh. Care to guess who was weak and preordered the 3 Madoka BD/DVD limited edition sets? Sob. Also all of those glorious figures and nendoroids are so beautiful, I haven't gotten all of them, but I do have the Madoka nendoroid and preorders for the Kyoko and Sayaka nendoroids and the Mami 1/8 scale figure. And full intention to preorder the Sayaka and Kyoko 1/8ths as soon as they hit. Curse you, Good Smile Company!

Ok folks, I got a super important question here: if the magical girls from Madoka Magica were to go to Hogwarts, which houses do you think they would be sorted into?

Madoka - Gryffindor (easy)

Homura - Ravenclaw

Sayaka - Hufflepuff

Mami - Gryffindor

Kyoko - Slytherin

Edited by Skytherin