Kaia Hatsune

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

This show is...  

64 members have voted

1. 1. dumb!

• hilarious!
    • adorable!
    • weiiiiirrrrrdd
    • someone was high when making this show.

I usually kept my MLP fandom to myself, but was surprised to find out that my hipster older sister thought it was 'okay'. I didn't think she would ever let me live it down.

...But yeah, I love this show. I'm at my happiest when I watch it. :')

@ rondo: That--that was just too much... I tried to keep count, I really did. 'Pony' started to sound like 'homie' after a while. o_O'

So apparetnly my brother said that derpy will not be back cuz she "offended people". And they will not be getting a third season. Any of this true? Cuz I don't adore the show but I still say it's good enough to stay on tv for a long time.

So apparetnly my brother said that derpy will not be back cuz she "offended people". And they will not be getting a third season. Any of this true? Cuz I don't adore the show but I still say it's good enough to stay on tv for a long time.

A third season's been in production for a while. I think your borther is juss bein a troll.

rondo   

Derpy has been back since THAT episode, such as Hurricane Fluttershy. Chances are she isn't going to get more speaking roles and won't be spoken to as Derpy.

And season three is already in process. It'll be back in the fall.

Edited by rondo

rondo   

And that show returns this Saturday, @ 10am EST. The first two seasons featured what would wind up being pretty iconic villains (Luna, Discord). Not sure what to expect this year but I hope to see more pop culture references and more crazy faces.

Well figure it'd be worth bringing this thread back since season 3 premiered this morning. Did anyone else catch it? Thoughts?

I thought it was pretty good but not as good a premiere as the other two seasons. Without spoiling anything I though while it wasn't quite as interesting as the other premieres it did hint at some potentially serious plot and character changes.

rondo   

Well figure it'd be worth bringing this thread back since season 3 premiered this morning. Did anyone else catch it? Thoughts?

I thought it was pretty good but not as good a premiere as the other two seasons. Without spoiling anything I though while it wasn't quite as interesting as the other premieres it did hint at some potentially serious plot and character changes.

Got it on DVR. Will watch it later.

rondo   

Well, I watched it in full last night. I agree, this opening was a bit weaker and I believe I know why.

The antagonist was really weak and had absolutely no character. With Luna and Discord, there was character...lives. This one, whose name escapes me (see), he had very little focus...easily forgettable. All the focus was heavily placed on the protagonists.

Here's to the rest of the reason.

rondo   

Hmm, thinking back on this season, it definitely wasn't on par with seasons 1 and 2 but I'm not surprised. This season came and went in a hurry.

I believe my favorite episode of the season was the Babs Seed episode.

Things that disappointed me this season:

No sight of Ditzy Doo

Rarity was under represented this year

Sombra was a rather uninteresting villian

There was a pony seen once this season, in the last episode, and looked out of place.

I will still look forward to next season as I expect it to be rather bizarre and will keep watching Littlest Pet Shop until those new episodes run out as well.

Edited by rondo

Great season finale but it should have been a two-parter.

Derpy (Ditzy Doo) was seen several times in the finale.

I hope Twilight being a (you know what) doesn't effect the status-quo of the show.

Hoping for sea-ponies in season 4 (It's gonna be 26 episodes this time!!!)

Don't know how I feel about this spin-off though....

equestria_girls_february_14_2013_character_models_and_background_cropped.jpg

rondo   

Derpy (Ditzy Doo) was seen several times in the finale.

Man, I need to look closer.

As for the spin off, I'll give any show at least a one episode look.

Hopefully this spin can bring in a bunch of background ponies more into the spotlight since you are likely to have lots of kids at school to interact with.

Edited by rondo

Kii   

I'm not a huge fan, but I like Apple Jack (Old School FTW!) and Derpy. Kudos to those who know who I'm talking about. wink.gif

Lina circa 2011 hahahaha <3

Also, after a couple years and many, many vain attempts of other people trying to ram ponies down my throat (via showing me clips, the .mov videos, amvs, etc...) I finally sat down and watched this show.

Then I watched some more.

Then I watched it all.

It's actually really charming, and I can't wait for season 4! Pinkie Pie is and always will be best pony of my heart.

Edited by Kii

Fantasia   

I was just so happy that twilight became an alicorn. I kinda knew it was gonna happen, but not like this! I came as such a surprise for me. I simp,y cheered in joy when she transformed!

It was tbe glorious feeling of a headcanon becoming reality.

rondo   

That's so long...

Yes, the waits are so painfully long..but I can live with waiting for winter again.

Think I'll pick up a couple of shirts from welovefine for the con.

Edited by rondo