Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Oreo_Otaku

4kids in trouble!

It seems TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad Systems are filing a lawsuit against 4Kids due to something found during a recent audit involving the Yu-Gi-Oh! series. :pirate:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-29/tv-tokyo-nihon-ad-terminate-yu-gi-oh-deal-sue-4kids

Who knew handling a children's card game can be a hassle? discuss

lol Wut?

They finally got them on the Yugioh series? Finally!

Yugioh=serious card game.

type in Yugioh on youtube and you will get tons of videos and someone fighting over said card game :lol:

Yeah, Silver and I were talking about this yesterday with a few of our friends, and then the discussion derailed into us talking about who would play who if FUNimation swooped in and redubbed it....Xp

Yeah, Silver and I were talking about this yesterday with a few of our friends, and then the discussion derailed into us talking about who would play who if FUNimation swooped in and redubbed it....Xp

If FUNi redubbed the series uncut and accurately, I would totally be on board. Though sadly I kinda doubt it will happen. Where was this lawsuit 8 years ago when Yu-gi-oh! was truly relevant though?

I hope in court that 4kids don't stand a "ghost" of a chance! HAHAHAHAHA

:thumbup:

Aphex   

I was talking about this with some of my friends the other day and apparently, 4Kids has been stealing the Japanese copyrights and now there filed for bankruptcy. Something like that. But I'm now quite sure. >.> But finally, the world has become a more peaceful place. :3

Rukariou   

I was talking about this with some of my friends the other day and apparently, 4Kids has been stealing the Japanese copyrights and now there filed for bankruptcy. Something like that. But I'm now quite sure. >.> But finally, the world has become a more peaceful place. :3

They filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Which means the world isn't peaceful just yet, they're under reconstruction, the company didn't dissolve.

So i been into one peice lately and so far i am amazed on how 4kids censored it. it was like a work of art on a insane point of view. the entire nami back story isn't something that should be on a kids show.

I think they had to get the okay from Japan on censoring things, part of the agreement. Other things are implimented by FCC, like ciggerets being lolipops, Funi kept that too.

Honestly, i'm into the Yu-Gi-Manz...but all i want to come of it is an english dub of the last season of Yu-Gi-Oh GX cause thats when it was getting real good

Poor 4Kids. That reminds me of childhood...but!

All they wanted to do was make animes okay for crazy over protective/against violence in anime parents And also make violent animes for little kiddies! >_>

Edited by GITS SAC Motoko

Zilveari   

When isn't 4kids in trouble ;x We're better off without them now. They did their part, exposing the youth to anime. Now they should quietly die off for the proverbial rape that they performed on Shaman King.

manga1   

Well good or bad now the distribution of anime down that pipe is cut off if they go under, meaning that its one less pipe that might have suppied any sort of anime good or bad.

I am really kind of sad though as I read TokyoPop is going under, when will it end, First Genon, and then ADV, Now TokyoPop, when is it going to end, and there are not others to step up to fill the void Funmation and Viz can only do so much, and are interested in only soo much. There will be a really sad day if Viz Media goes under, if that were to happen would it even be worth being an anime fan anymore? Away would go Jump magazines, manga and the biggest supply of, the things japanese media for the north america audiance.

signed Jeremy manga1

I'm kind of sad to see them go.. *Not afraid to say it* Sure, they tore apart a few series, but how many of us wouldn't even be into the anime fandom if it weren't for the company initially exposing us to it in the first place?

I honestly hope all goes well in their trial tomorrow. And for those who are happy to see them go.. Well, I'm sorry their english renditions and edits butchered your beloved series, but is that reason enough to want 200+ employees to now go jobless? If you felt this way due to their witholding of royalties from TV Tokyo and NAS, fine, but saying they should go under for Americanizing a few series, changing a few names and censoring anything rated above TV-Y? Come on.. Was what they did right from the otaku standpoint? No.. ._. But I still feel irked when I hear people deem this worthy of unemployment for hundreds..

Edited by Pashy-chan

I'm kind of sad to see them go.. *Not afraid to say it* Sure, they tore apart a few series, but how many of us wouldn't even be into the anime fandom if it weren't for the company initially exposing us to it in the first place?

I honestly hope all goes well in their trial tomorrow. And for those who are happy to see them go.. Well, I'm sorry their english renditions and edits butchered your beloved series, but is that reason enough to want 200+ employees to now go jobless? If you felt this way due to their witholding of royalties from TV Tokyo and NAS, fine, but saying they should go under for Americanizing a few series, changing a few names and censoring anything rated above TV-Y? Come on.. Was what they did right from the otaku standpoint? No.. ._. But I still feel irked when I hear people deem this worthy of unemployment for hundreds..

I agree. Not everyone is responsible for what happened. It would be a shame if some innocent people got laid off because of that. Just don't support them. It's that simple. The ones responsible for withholding money should only be responsible.