Anime Central Forums
Saturn's Pheonix

Sailor Moon to return to USA

Does this mean I can finally complete my collection without paying through the nose? ;w;

*reads the article beyond her original skim read*...Darnnit...looks like I'm gonna have to buy it all over again...DX

It's about time!!! x_x Didn't they re-release it in Japan years ago??

I wish I could complete my old collection, though. I only need one book. I should have bought them all when they were still $10 ;_;

P.S. Tychus love.

I guess I'll need to make room next to my old completed colection for these.

I know so many people are gonna hate me for it & want to raid my manga library for it. Yes, I just said library... All my manga currently takes up the attached 1 car garage & there's plenty of manga that doesn't have space in the library. I might need to insulate & convert the detached 2.5 car garage into a bigger library. Sadly I'm not sure if that's enough space >.<

Anybody know of an aparment complex that I can convert? I always wanted to have a home like Yumiko from Read or Die.

Edited by Kitsu-chan

Wait what? Today is just a shocking day isn't it? o_o

I might check this out since it was one of the first animes I got into as a kid.

I remember the old Sailor Moon translations from Mixx/Tokyopop. They were kind of a mess... the books had inconsistent names, cheap binding, low quality fonts. IIRC, all eighteen volumes were released. But I wouldn't be surprised if the French translation from Broché was better.

So if Kodansha is preparing to re-translate the series starting in September 2011, I might look forward to it. $11 US per trade paperback is a fairly standard price... though the company might be wise to publish a version for e-readers, or find a way to distribute online.

Lina   

It's about time!!! x_x Didn't they re-release it in Japan years ago??

I wish I could complete my old collection, though. I only need one book. I should have bought them all when they were still $10 ;_;

P.S. Tychus love.

Which one do you need? I know of this comic shop that has a lot of older manga like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, Oh! My Goddess, etc. I can take a look and if they have it I could get it for ya and give it to ya at ACen.

inb4 "please translate the Sailor Moon Stars season"

I honestly just going to buy the Sailor Moon S saga once they get around re-translating them due to the fact Sailor Moon S was the only season I arc for. <3 Dr. Tomoe and the Witches 5.

Edited by Snow_Storm

... :lol: YES. Maybe I'll finally have a complete collection of the manga this time. [/missing one from the original US release and only got four from the 2003 Japanese re-release Dx] And hopefully this jumpstarts more SM re-releases; I'd love to get a reasonably priced boxset for the first two seasons of the anime so I can actually see them.

...I'm so bubbly and happy now. :heart:

Is anyone going to Cosplay as someone from Sailor Moon??

I am! I want to meet up!

There are people cosplaying form sailor moon. You should go to the Off topics forum and select the cosplay section. Once inside the cosplay section click on gatherings and find the sailor moon page in there. It will have the date and time of the meet up and a list of posters who are planning as cosplaying as someone from sailor moon.

I am reviving this topic because..because...even though i heard about this MONTHS ago....it was the best news on the face of the earth...

i am trying to plan an outing in the summer for sailor moon fans and OMG we should ALL go so we can spaz about this news! come on...dooooooo it!

GAIZ! OMG GAIZ! go to hot topic and search "sailor moon shirt!" this is the FIRST new merch we can buy! there is also some other company making other stuff in septembber!

rondo   

Article is gone, does anyone know where the info can be found about the release of this?

How about this link.

First one out in September 2011.

It is nice to see it coming back. Lots of people nostalgic of the series (and wanting get a complete series) should scoop it up but I don't see a whole lot of new fans jumping on board.

Edited by rondo

I bought both Sailor Moon and V last weekend. Okay, I could've saved a bit online, but I figured that it would be wise to support nearby bookstores. (Incidentally, I recently ordered some Hayate the Combat Butler volumes through Rightstuf, but I can't pick up the package until I tell my post office to hold it...)

Anyway, I thought the books were about as good as I could expect. Good paper, not too big or small, not flimsy or stiff. Just about every font was legible and fitting. The writing seems accurate, and it doesn't seem so literal that it's awkward. The names are accurate, unlike the old Mixx and Tokyopop books. And the books have a Teen rating, which seems appropriate since there's some violent battles later on, as well as implied sex and canonical lesbian characters.

One more thing: if you need a crash course on the various versions of Sailor Moon, then be sure to visit WikiMoon. I was trying to remember if the manga version of Zoisite was canonically gay, and it stated that the character was only gay in the anime TV series.