Anime Central Forums
Kasin

DC Universe Online

Kasin   

So, with DCU coming out, I was just wondering how every one will play?

Will you be a hero, or villain?

What abilities will you use?

What power will you have?

So sony has promised a new focus character, missions, costumes, and other content every month. This is the first shipment, and it's purrrfect for valentines day!!!

http://massively.joy...update-to-dcuo/

p.s. if u are thinking about buying DC Universe Online used, DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT buy it unless u can confirm the activation code has not been redeemed.

You are getting scammed, DCUO has one activation code per game at this time.

I hope they change it, but they say they will not give out any other activation codes, and only that one will work for the disc.

The code is linked to the account once redeemed, and most people selling it online have used the code.

the seller may not know of this information either, so if you see a sale for a used one at gamestop, or ebay, I would advise them of the information. Just so they do not get in trouble.

This is especially important now, due to the fact that many people couldn't, or are too cheap, and bought the game just for the 30 day trial, and have not renewed the subscription. These people maybe selling them now.

Edited by Kasin

DarkBebi   

The character creation is amazing, not as amazing as City of Heroes or APB but lets hope it's not as big of a flop as APB was either. If they have Ice I am going with that power and of course I am going to go bad as my name says it all.

Kasin   

i hear they do, and i'm sure they will have a better creator. kinda like how wwe made the dlc character creator.

I can't wait to play tonight, i will do it right after work, so i don't lose out on a day of free subscription.

Lina   

$15 is a pretty standard rate for games that require a subscription. I don't want to pay $15 a month. That's a lot to me. I will stick to playing Guild Wars because you don't have to pay a monthly fee.

DarkBebi   

I heard that there is a deal if you pay like 100 dollars extra you can play the game for free, I am going to buy the game and if I absolutely love it, I will pay the extra money to play for free essentially.

EDIT: it is 199 for a lifetime subscription. Still if your going to play it as long as WoW, then I suggest you get the lifetime deal.

Edited by DarkBebi

Kii   

I just started playing today and I love it!

My alliance is villain and I use nature sorcery and my special skill is acrobatics and I wield a giant hammer. The fighting styles are fun, it's not a grinder, and it's crazy cool to battle heroes/villains like Power Girl and Bizarro.

I was torn between flight and acrobatics, but definitely have more fun climbing all over everything. The $15 dollars a month is worth it, if you plan to play often.

However I admit that the controls are a bit hard to get a hang of, and I wish the camera was more automatic, as it's a bit of a pain in the bum to direct your camera, and attack, and use hot keys, and block, etc etc.

Kasin   

yeah, but $15 is cheaper then some of the big name mmos.

200 for a life time? thats actually really cheap, and definitely good at tax time.

so can you pick your server? My PS3 has been downloading all night, so idk.

If you can, which server did you guys pick?

Ein   

New frontier over here, but PC.

Class is Fire-Hand blasters-Lex Luthor-Flying just got to level 20 and exploring Gotham.

Great game if you have other responsibilities and a life since its very casual friendly but it has its hardcore side. Definite pick up peeps!

Kii   

New frontier over here, but PC.

Class is Fire-Hand blasters-Lex Luthor-Flying just got to level 20 and exploring Gotham.

Great game if you have other responsibilities and a life since its very casual friendly but it has its hardcore side. Definite pick up peeps!

SHOW ME GOTHAM.

I AM BEGGING YOU.

I'm a big comic fan so I might go gamefaq and check this out for info.

Anyone know the specs on the PC/PS3 version? My laptop might be able to handle it since it could run Blazblue CS arcade ok.

Yea I'm waiting for more info to come in on this game. So far from what I heard it's my type of game but MMOs are such a touchy field of gaming. I really wish they would give us a free trail or something even if it was just a 24 hour free trail.

Kasin   

well what info would you like?

I can check the game book tonight, but as far as I know the only requirement for ps3 is to have the proper space.

Yea but you have to pay the $50 for the game and if you don't like it you don't get your munnie back. I at least want to try it.

I agree. I wish all MMOs would offer a 7-14 day free trial which let you try things out so you could purchase it if you wanted to buy it.

Of course half the problem with any MMO is finding a stable social guild and as much fun as the game looks, the social system is the worst in any MMO ever.

I agree. I wish all MMOs would offer a 7-14 day free trial which let you try things out so you could purchase it if you wanted to buy it.

Of course half the problem with any MMO is finding a stable social guild and as much fun as the game looks, the social system is the worst in any MMO ever.

Yea I mean I would settle for a 5 day free trail just something to let me try it out for a bit to get a feel for what I'll be doing. It's kool that you get 30 days free but not kool that you need to pay $50 to do so. But all I really need to know is if the PvP is to my liking.

Kasin   

I don't play PvP. To many villains.

However, I may turn it on when I level up more.

remember the plays are pretty 50:50 as far as good guy, bad guy goes. And with PvP on, A villains goal is to really just to kill a hero.

I don't socialize, I may find a guild online, but until I get a bigger TV...I can't see the text.

I also see random female characters dancing, and begging infront of me as I play, and with out the text, i'm confused... T_T

Edited by Kasin

Lina   

Guild Wars has a free trial! Not sure how long it is though.

-shameless promotion- XD

Kasin   

never heard of guild wars.

I also heard war hammer was good.

i'm a fan of lineage 2, just as big as wow, and amazing detail, and free.

jade dynasty ia free too.

Lina   

That's because WoW overpowers GW. It gets most of the spotlight. GW has been around for 5 or 6 years I think. It's a great MMO. No monthly fee and you don't have to worry about people getting in the way.

Kasin   

Same with Lineage, it was fun, but I never redownloaded it. Probably never will now that DCUO is out.

I can't figure out how to get back into jokers vault to get more goodies... T_T