Anime Central Forums
dek

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

MvC3 tourney today for me sponsored by my college anime club. Wish me luck.

Will probably be running Wesker, Dante, Sentinel for most of it.

HiroEcks   

So I finally had some time to actually play this game and I've been having good fun with it. At first I was a little put off by the L, M, H, S attack commands but after a while it started to feel pretty good. To me, this game doesn't feel as hectic as MvC2 which I still enjoyed. I dunno, it just feels more meaty to me in terms of the hits and whatnot. Maybe it's just me.

I'm TRYING to make my team right now but aren't really sure yet. But I've been playing around with...

TronBonne

Dante

Wesker

Dormammu

Dr. Doom

Spencer

I really like how Tron feels in this game and I'm a big fan of the teleports Dante and Wesker have. Dormammu has some really amazing zoning abilities and Spencers grapple abilities are fun and might have some potential. And Doom is well... he is Doom! It's pretty cool how a lot of characters have command grabs in this game and make for lots of new offensive opportunities.

In any case, I play on PS3 and if anyone likes you can add me.

PSN: ChallengerMudkip

btw, ya wanna know what's the BEST way to scare the crap out of someone and reduce them to a quivering pile of jelly? Manage to activate Dark Phoenix. I've seen even the most confident players run from her in terror.

HiroEcks   

I CANT CONTROL ITTT!!!

Ya, Dark Phoenix w/ Xfactor is pretty win. Regular air combo pretty much will take out most characters.

I CANT CONTROL ITTT!!!

Ya, Dark Phoenix w/ Xfactor is pretty win. Regular air combo pretty much will take out most characters.

No kidding, I've made some pretty insane comebacks using her. She gets at least a 50% boost for her attacks when in Dark mode and add that to X Factor you've got the most powerful character in the game

Yeah, but while able to take out characters, she also dies if touched. Plus you are wasting 5 levels of hyper combo bar to do that as well. Which means you haven't been comboing into supers the rest of the match like you were supposed to be doing.

Yeah, but while able to take out characters, she also dies if touched. Plus you are wasting 5 levels of hyper combo bar to do that as well. Which means you haven't been comboing into supers the rest of the match like you were supposed to be doing.

You'd be surprised how well of an investment those five hyper bars are; you use the two other characters as a shield to build your hypers and then bring out Phoenix to start the pain; or you use her as a last resort to make the mother of all surprise comebacks. I have actually done that too. And it was AWESOME

You'd be surprised how well of an investment those five hyper bars are; you use the two other characters as a shield to build your hypers and then bring out Phoenix to start the pain; or you use her as a last resort to make the mother of all surprise comebacks. I have actually done that too. And it was AWESOME

I'm just saying its a huge gamble. Because if you get hit once or if your opponent can run away well, you've just wasted those. I won't argue that the reward is great, but so is the risk.

Phoenix is cool I guess but where is the respect for Chun-Li? With the new air combo system and near perfect timing she can juggle kill just about anyone of medium character height

Phoenix is cool I guess but where is the respect for Chun-Li? With the new air combo system and near perfect timing she can juggle kill just about anyone of medium character height

I'm actually trying a fourth team right now, and she's the headliner (Captain America is one other and I'm tinkering with who's going to be the third). She's a pretty good rushdown character, though her airdash is a little awkward.

I CANT CONTROL ITTT!!!

Friendly advice

For those that play against Dark Phoenix DON'T GET HIT

For those playing against Dark Phoenix DON'T GET HIT

lol

Friendly advice

For those that play against Dark Phoenix DON'T GET HIT

For those playing against Dark Phoenix DON'T GET HIT

lol

I know I'm messing up the joke but snapback is the best option. Xfactor Phoenix can either open you up, or do some insane chip.

I ALWAYS go for snapback if I see Phoenix in the ranks. lol

HiroEcks   

So I'm thinking about throwing M.O.D.O.K. into my mix. I don't know why, I kind of hate him but I'd like to see more of him around because I barely ever see him. Actually, I don't think I've played anyone online who has used him yet. He's pretty neat though once I actually started to understand his move set.

I guess now it just comes down to how do I fit him into my rotation ;_;

I've been using using Hagger, Tron and Dormammu. I love them all! Can't I just have a 4 man team!?

Looks like Capcom is releasing the "Super" version of MvC3 (with 12 new characters).

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.........!!!!

What's next!!? The "Arcade" edition!!??

http://kotaku.com/5823075/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-brings-twelve-new-fighters-at-a-budget-price

edit: Phoenix Wright confirmed!

Edited by Prayer Police