Anime Central Forums
IchigoKitKat

Is it normal to be obsessing over acen?

X_O; It's about 7-8 months away and I'm uberly excited for it! Is this normal?! Any advice on removing the idea of ACen from my head until the time comes?

Normal? No. Acceptable? Yep. I pretty much have already planned my trip out and we've still got eight months to go.

As far as removing the idea, blunt force trauma might work, but it might make it worse. I suggest just working your way through the obsession by watching more anime. DO NOT go on YouTube looking for ACen videos, Google "ACen," or go on Google Earth and sigh lovingly at the Hyatt Regency (search for "Rosemont"; they have a nice 3-D model of it).

Ben Da Mad Irishman

"These feelings are normal"

I am! Partially because I didnt get the full experience last time. I was comuting from my chicago hotel bc I had school obligations, didnt really get to any panels, no cosplay, and well I hung out with one person the whole time. This time Ill do it right!

Voxx   

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Now if you let it take over your everyday life then that will be a problem and I don't think they would like it very much if you sat outside of the con for 8 months...

But what helps me is to plan and work on my cosplays. And reminiscing about previous years, looking through flikr/photobucket for ACen albums and just chatting with friends and planning for 2011. It'll be okay! Just remember, we all have to wait just as long as you do (Also, why do you think we are on the forums too! It helps) :P

Meh, as long as it isn't messing with your daily life, you're good.

I've been hoping that reg and hotel open up soon so I can get those out of the way and be able to calculate how much I need to save so I can limit my spending by the right amount. XD

only way i have found to keep your mind from it is to: Keep yourself preoccupied to the max, School, Work, Video games, Keep up to date with current anime that is comming out,just have a good time right now.

The thoughts might not disappear but at least you will be able to function normally. :lol:

TekoMuto   

Having paid for tickets the past two Acens and not being able to go, REALLY kinda makes me obsess over it...... currently I have shaved the female with the fedora and glasses shaved into my pubic hair. Also if I miss it AGAIN next year, Imma turn my van into a mech and destroy delaware.

Teebs   

Having paid for tickets the past two Acens and not being able to go, REALLY kinda makes me obsess over it...... currently I have shaved the female with the fedora and glasses shaved into my pubic hair. Also if I miss it AGAIN next year, Imma turn my van into a mech and destroy delaware.

@_@

Scott   

X_O; It's about 7-8 months away and I'm uberly excited for it! Is this normal?! Any advice on removing the idea of ACen from my head until the time comes?

It's normal here at least. :thumbup:

Removing the idea isn't much of a possibility without super human willpower. :highfive:

Oh man, I just started planning out the trip for me and my friends yesterday, and now we're all totally psyched XD

It usually wears off in a week or so, after doing things un-ACen related...But, for me at least, it always comes back, at least once every month after I plan the trip DX So for a at least a fews days of every month leading up to ACen I'll be miserable and omg I worded that oddly but I'll leave it as is XD

But I'm sooooooooooooooooooo excited!

me and my friends aredy have our room and i am probibly buying my badge soon so im so excited for ACen, last year i started a countdown like 5 months ahead of time all year round i'm excited for ACen

Guest basili1250*   
Guest basili1250

Driving home from the past couple ACens I've totally had the mentality of "O man, can't wait for tomorrow....wait...oh no...:("

Welcome to the party pal

LOL I say its ok to be obsessed aver ACen, heck I was going crazy over registration being open. I even had the "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sister playing while waiting for the time to say 12pm. I even have a dance. For me I just keep telling myself it's my vacation away from home. Soon I'll have my vacation. Now if I can get my work vacation to be during ACen, hopefully no one has it.