Anime Central Forums
Keiichi-chan

Catherine: from the makers of persona

STVO   

This game looks real fun. I just found out about it recently (as Ninja Jedi told me, I was living under one giant rock.) The climbing elements kind of remind me of Q*Bert for some reason. I'd definitely like to give it a shot.

For those of you who want the game and don't know:

Standard edition of the game is around 60 dollars and comes with soundtrack and poster (don't know if this is preorder or all copies only.)

Special edition love is over is around 80 dollars and comes with: Soundtrack, poster, boxers, t-shirt, pizza box, and a few other goodies.

It's not dual audio for the people who might be expecting it and isn't related to the Persona/SMT series at all. Vincent appearing in the P3P game was just an easter egg.

Game comes out sometime next week.

montoya   

For those of you who want the game and don't know:

Standard edition of the game is around 60 dollars and comes with soundtrack and poster (don't know if this is preorder or all copies only.)

Special edition love is over is around 80 dollars and comes with: Soundtrack, poster, boxers, t-shirt, pizza box, and a few other goodies.

It's not dual audio for the people who might be expecting it and isn't related to the Persona/SMT series at all. Vincent appearing in the P3P game was just an easter egg.

Game comes out sometime next week.

There has to be pictures of these.

After playing the Demo, I want to know the story, but I still suck as puzzles games, so I'm gonna take a pass.

Breaks my heart. ;_; I REALLY suck at puzzles. lol

Rukariou   

Katherine or Catherine?

Personally I have to go with Katherine. But the husband does not agree with me. :thumbdown:

eta; punctuation fail.

Edited by Rukariou

wrexness   

Well if you want the limited edition you'll have to get on it. If it's even still possible. I vaguely remember reading about it being limited only to the people who pre-ordered it. Or that could've been another Atlus game (maybe Disgaea 4?)... But either way, Atlus does fairly limited runs of the games in general, doubly so on limited editions.

rondo   

Well if you want the limited edition you'll have to get on it. If it's even still possible. I vaguely remember reading about it being limited only to the people who pre-ordered it. Or that could've been another Atlus game (maybe Disgaea 4?)... But either way, Atlus does fairly limited runs of the games in general, doubly so on limited editions.

Well, supposedly the soundtrack is only available with Disgaea 4 from NIS America. It should be avilable after pre-order though but still only through NIS America.

As for Catherine, you are probably right. Gamestop doesn't have it available online. Stores may get some but it'll only be like 1, maybe 2 I am guessing.

STVO   

Finally played the demo on PS3, this was real fun! I think I'll pick it up next week (hoping Gamestop will give me the pre-order special of the soundtrack without pre-ordering it, but I won't cry if I don't.) $60 is so much for a game, but I'm thinking this one will be worth the risk, I don't always buy games, plus I only have two more big gaming purchases later this year (Zelda Skyward Sword and Uncharted 3), I'd say it's worth it.

Katherine. Mature women for the win. :P How's the dubbing sound to y'all? Is my worry unfounded?

It's not bad but the sub purists are already screaming out as usual.

I personally love dubs and subs in most animes. Catherine sounds moe.

I would choose Katherine

because she is having Vic's baby. Hmmm....

Unless they say it's online only (like Blazblue CT artbook/potion) if you want pre order bonuses you have to ask them ahead of time and do it ahead of time at Gamestop. The gaming retail only passes out them for the people that ordered them and not the people who purchase the game the day of unless you are lucky (I went to one gamestop to buy KH: 358/2 and managed to get a free poster with it.) Also if it has pre order goodies, bug them. I almost didn't get the Junpei hat with my Persona 3 PSP because they didn't know what I was talking about.

I'm going to take a chance and see if GS messes up or not, since they do have the Catherine poster advertisement in the store.

Finally got a chance to play the demo. First of all, game seems pretty hard...Which I'm not at all upset with. Secondly, I'm pretty torn between the 2 girls...I mean Katherine has too much of a stick up her rear end and Catherine doesn't seem like she takes anything seriously. I'll probably end the game on some weird middle ground if I go through and be honest with my choices. We'll see. Still excited for the game and looking forward to it.

I didn't pre-order it (thus missing out on the awesome Deluxe Edition), but I'm going to call up some Gamestops this Friday. I was told that I could buy it if they still have them by then. (i.e. the people who pre-ordered them didn't pick their copies up) If I can find the Deluxe Edition within a 20-mile radius, then I'll get it for $80 this Friday. If I can't, then I'll just wait for the standard edition's price to drop to $40. I'd feel like an idiot paying $60 when I could be getting a lot of swag for just $20 extra. That aside, I loved the demo, and I want to experience (and influence) the story as it unfolds.

Edited by Sir Viver

Got it this morning :]] Started out on easy setting and on the 2nd level . It isn't too hard so far Definitely considering cosplaying Katherine or Catherine :]

S1NN3R   

...Apparently Amazon.com has the Deluxe Edition in stock... temmmmmptiiiiiing...

Do it, Nothing like playing Vincent while wearing the boxers!

Got it this morning :]] Started out on easy setting and on the 2nd level . It isn't too hard so far Definitely considering cosplaying Katherine or Catherine :]

Catherine is my vote, but either one should draw a bit of attention

Vincent is starting to seriously aggravate me. x_x;;; I mean, COME ON every time he's sitting there in bed is it that hard for him to take his eyes off Catherine's bewbs and just tell her he has a girlfriend??

Vincent is starting to seriously aggravate me. x_x;;; I mean, COME ON every time he's sitting there in bed is it that hard for him to take his eyes off Catherine's bewbs and just tell her he has a girlfriend??

Yeah, his complete inability to man up is a little annoying, but it would hardly be much of a story if he just tells Catherine and she goes away.

My first time through I'm trying to play as myself, but it is really hard to in situations like that. I keep wanting to roleplay the game as Vincent and answer as he would. Probably in a second playthrough.

STVO   

This game is real fun! I really like how they compare your answers to everyone else's online when you're in the confession booth. I am trying to be an honest person but for some answers I'm like "Okay, maybe I'll play a little bad to create some drama." Haha. So far I just want to be like "Yo Katherine, it's been fun but it's time to move on." I'll admit I do like women who are professional and know when to be serious, but I do like girls who like to have fun and don't take things too serious, lol. The dream world is real creative.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone get the vibe of the sheep being just like the kids getting turned into donkeys in Pinocchio?

Valkyrie   

Any one on the ice levels yet? :/ So evil...

Wait, there are ice levels?

Oh, James is gonna have an aneurysm when he hits those. He was having a tough time just trying to get through the Torture Chamber area last night.

This game is real fun! I really like how they compare your answers to everyone else's online when you're in the confession booth. I am trying to be an honest person but for some answers I'm like "Okay, maybe I'll play a little bad to create some drama." Haha. So far I just want to be like "Yo Katherine, it's been fun but it's time to move on." I'll admit I do like women who are professional and know when to be serious, but I do like girls who like to have fun and don't take things too serious, lol. The dream world is real creative.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone get the vibe of the sheep being just like the kids getting turned into donkeys in Pinocchio?

James was actually stumped by those questions - we got through the first two last night. He had a lot of trouble on the first one, especially; he couldn't decide how to answer. (Whether to answer in the context of the game, or try to figure out what someone in the real world would say.) I don't think it helped that I was sitting right next to him, laughing at his perplexed expression. ^^ In the end, though, he answered in a way that gave him a good morale boost, rather than decking him down~

....And y'know, I didn't actually think of the sheep that way til just now. And it makes me shudder, because I remember that scene from the animated film terrifying me as a child. Not a bad analogy!

STVO   

....And y'know, I didn't actually think of the sheep that way til just now. And it makes me shudder, because I remember that scene from the animated film terrifying me as a child. Not a bad analogy!

That scene made me real sad as a kid and I'll be honest here, it still does today, lol. I love that movie though!

Just got home from work so I'm going to watch some TV first but after that and some other little need-to-dos I'm going to play some more of that awesome game! I'm not there yet, but the ice levels sound a bit crazy just thinking of them, lol.

june.h   

Anyone that got this game: I'm about to buy this online but I'm trying to figure out, the picture I got looks like just the game itself but the seller is telling me the sound disc and art book is inside the sealed case (I was under the assumption it comes separately).

Confirm/Deny?