Anime Central Forums
Ranko

High School of the Dead

Ranko   

So, I've just finished watching the first episode, anyone else intrigued? I feel like this series should be pretty interesting.

One comment I feel needs to be made, there is a lot of fan service, was not expecting that at all lol. Either way, I enjoyed the show, it has some potential.

They made an anime of this series? That's just asking for trouble, that series goes on hiatus so much it's ridiculous.

It's a decent series, I really liked the Simon Pegg as Shaun cameo.

i found yet another series i'm in love with, and just after one episode, yes i love it.

i said this in the summer anime thread, but i'll say it again

i love zombies, blood and fanservice,

moooooaaarr please XD

I am loving the first episode. So much so I spent the night afterwards reading the manga up to chapter 25.

At first I really really really hated the female lead Rei. We'll see how that goes in the Anime.

Edited by TaiyakiOni

Ranko   

Well even in the first episode of the anime shes already kinda a dumb derogatory word that also means female dog.

Although it's not a nice thing to say about anyone fictional or not... I have to agree at least a little bit... What she did at the end of the episode was just wrong.. every bit of it...

watched the first episode but not a fan of zombie series, although the animation and picture were awesome in it, 5 stars on presentation.

Recently watched the first episode... I forgot how the main character's character design is a total rip-off of Kazuki from Buso Renkin. At any rate there doesn't seem to be anything new or special about the anime that would make me continue watching it, though I will keep reading the manga, even though it's not really that good of a zombie series. It lacks the raw survival aspect that makes me like zombie series so much. This is more or less just violence and boobies. Which I am by no means against. ^_^

Episode 4 was pretty terrible. Generally you don't need to waste half of your episode in a recap if you're only on the 4th one. I'm just hoping this is something like Gurren Lagann where they had to censor episode 6 because they couldn't show it on TV and we will get the full thing on a DVD release later on.

Episode 4 was pretty terrible. Generally you don't need to waste half of your episode in a recap if you're only on the 4th one. I'm just hoping this is something like Gurren Lagann where they had to censor episode 6 because they couldn't show it on TV and we will get the full thing on a DVD release later on.

ok stupid question since it's been a really long time since I've watched that show.

what did they censor (Gurren Lagann)?

ok stupid question since it's been a really long time since I've watched that show.

what did they censor (Gurren Lagann)?

Episode 6 of Gurren Lagann is the hot springs episode. They pretty much had to censor the vast majority of it due to its content and overall sillyness. Also the obvious throwbacks to previous shows.

Gore + fanservice = win in my book. :thumbup:

I was a little put off by the Ep4 filler episode (really, guys? Too early.) but I hope it picks back up in the next episode. Shidou-sensei's voice makes my knees quake. (=3=)~:heart:

And the manga has been licensed by Yen Press. Rejoice as this awesomeness is brought to our shelves.http://www.japanator.com/sdcc-10-yen-press-licenses-highschool-of-the-dead-15832.phtml

That's good news!

Scott   

I saw two episodes recently (thanks Yuri).

The animation is good. Hopefully it gets on to an actual story. :lol:

The fanservice... well isn't really needed in my opinion. Overall I thought the military otaku character was awesome. Especially since he has a glasses fetish.

Edited by Scott

Haha, you won't like episode 6 then. (which came out today!)

So. Much. Jigglies. *nosebleeds*

Ah yes, the obligatory bath/hot springs episode.

Scott   

...Jigglies. *nosebleeds*

hmmmmmmm :lol:

Ah yes, the obligatory bath/hot springs episode.

Okay, you piqued my curiosity if it's a hot springs episode...

Edited by Scott

Scott   

Ahaha, you can't deny the well animated cleavage! :lol:

pshaaa, I like hot spring episodes for the Japanese cultural aspects!

Scott   

Of course, that's what they all say. ;)

Its true...They all do totally say that.

What like they as in 95% of all male lead characters in anime? They might try to get a peak, but they're honorable enough to leave it at that. :lol: