Anime Central Forums
Kii

What's Next On Your Anime List?

I finished Free! Attack on Titans, Blood Lad, and Danganronpa.

Curently watching

Kill la Kill

RWBY

BlazBlue: Alter Memory

and I gave Diabolik Lovers a chance but I couldn't stand any of the characters.

I also want to finish Sailor stars and pick another classic anime from my list.

C2Queen   

Finished ---> Free, DanganRonpa, and Attack on Titan (who hasnt really... XD)

Currently watching:

Kill la Kill

Kyoukai no Kanata

Oreimo Season 2 (almost done with it)

Hunter x Hunter 2011 (77/105 episodes in from catching up to the new episodes)

HUNTER X HUNTER IS AMAZING BY THE WAY YOU GUYS. Its become one of my top favorite series now. It was a recommendation from my brother. It's an anime that has practically NO FILLER. I love the writing for this show. It's one of those anime that isn't generic or predictable. I'm always surprised and itching to watch more episodes. It's been a while since an anime has gotten me this hyper and unable to stop watching it. I mean... I'm blown out of the water at how under-rated the show is. It's got great characters, innovative fighting, great humor (thats usually not your generic perverted humor) and isn't one of those anime with cliche harem guys having girls constantly wanting them, panty shots, etc. It's a fighting anime BUT HOLD ON it's got a lot of creative fights, unique powers specific to each character (such as being able to see other peoples memories, being able to conjure weapons, hearing others heartbeats, etc). All of the main characters are male till you get further in, you'll get more somewhat main characters added to the group who are female and you have very important females in the series. They aren't degraded and oversexualized, no, you get strong female opponents, sensei's, and mother figures. You get to grow with the characters and watch them struggle to get stronger, outwit opponents, go through insane trials, and more. Every episode is interesting and leaves you wanting more. I promise. I definitely recommend this series to anyone just looking for a good anime to watch.

Dropped/still kind of iffy on continuing:

Golden Time (kind of stopped after episode 4... not sure if I want to continue)

Waiting for Code Geass Akito the Exiled Movie 2 to get subbed...

Planning on starting/ucpoming stuff Ill be watching:

Uta no prince-sama X-mas Special

Sword Art Online Extra Edition

Persona 3 Movie

Thinking about starting Log Horizon, maybe some more newer series like Servant x Service, Blazblue, Strike the Blood, Infinite Stratos, or watching some older anime I missed... or possibly even watching the Madoka movies. I've seen the whole series just not the movies. Recommendations are welcome, I've seen a good chunk of anime out there... less of the newer stuff, lots of the canon type stuff, but quite a few rare/under-rated series. Also have been meaning to watch Wolf Children.

Matt   

Currently watching:

B Gata H Kei: 4/12

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: 4/12

Next on my list: High School of the Dead (saw 6 episodes at Anime Crossroads last year, but I want to finish it)

Waiting for SPACE☆DANDY in January! Really excited for this title, especially now that the dub cast has been announced and we're getting a live simulcast on Toonami. Only a couple more weeks!

Edit: It was wonderful! ;_;

I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena at last! It's quite excellent thus far. I also have my winter season shows. Sakura Trick, Nobunagun, Sonico the Animation, Space Dandy, and Hozuki no Reitetsu.

Let's see... since I last posted, I have since finished several things: watched the third Madoka movie, though it took me a month to detangle and express how I truly felt about it. Also watched Children who Chase Lost Voices, which I thought looked fabulous but storywise was disappointing. I prefer Garden of Words and Five Centimeters per Second, thanks.

What else... during last semester at club I enjoyed Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a lot more than I expected, ditto with Hyouka. Next semester's lineup includes Tsuritama, Kobato, Bodacious Space Pirates and Princess Tutu. (Unsure how many of these shows I'll be watching)

On my own, my friend is trying to get me to rewatch Bakemonogatari, and having some success (I dropped it after 10 episodes since I didn't know what the heck was going on). I'm also borrowing original Gundam from another friend and about 2/3 finished, plus working my way through Kill-la-Kill, which is a thorough enjoyment. Eventually will be watching the 2nd season of Silver Spoon with another group of friends. I also finished the 2nd season of Valvrave the Liberator which still wasn't that much of an improvement from the first season.

Matt   

Next on my list: Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online and AKB0048. I finished watching High School of the Dead and B Gata H Kei, and also recently watched Kokoro Connect, Oreimo (My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute), and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2. Yep, a lot of anime, the latter three on Crunchyroll.

Finished:

RWBY

Dog x scissors

Diabolik lovers (I don't know why I watched it <_< )

Soul Eater

Blood-c and the movie

Little Witch Academia

Air Gear OVAs

Almost finished

BlazBlue

WitchBlade

And currently watching

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha

Kyoukai no Kanata

watamote

Raenef   

Current? Finishing up Bleach because...It needed to be watched.

List?

.//hack, Black Butler (Season 2), Blood C, Blue Exorcist, Blue Submarine no.1, Hellsing, Is this a zombie?, Madoka Magica, Nightwalker, Pandora Hearts, Tales of the Abyss, Tenchi Universe, Tiger & Bunny, and Vampire Princess Miyu.

A few are gonna be rewatchers.

Currently watching: Kill la Kill, Toradora!, YuruYuri, and Space Dandy.

Rewatching Utena for the fourth time--this time with the boyfriend (which is promising because his reactions are priceless), Rose of Versailles, and KareKano.

EDIT: Also re-watching Blue Exorcist because TOONAMI just started airing it this past Saturday and I really need to get back into it.

Edited by Estellise

I just finished The Devil is a Part-Timer!, so I am currently watching:

1: Yowamushi Pedal (ep. 17)

2: Noragami (ep. 4)

3: Hunter x Hunter 2011 (ep. 107)

4: Space Dandy (ep. 10)

Anime to Watch:

1: Kyoukai no Kanata

2: Space Brothers

3: Buddy Complex

4: Baccano! (cause I just never did, hnngh)

5: Kyousou Giga

Yep. :I

Next on my list is hopefully Hajime no Ippo and I need to finish Serial Experiments Lain. I recently watched the 2 episode OVA of Blazing Transfer Student. Pretty goofy, and I enjoyed it.

Edited by BreBre716

Just finished Wake Up, Girls! (LOVED IT!) And I hope to start watching and reading NANA, now that I have much more time now that I'm out of school :).

Matt   

Currently watching:

Haganai

A Certain Magical Index

A Certain Scientific Railgun

Guilty Crown

Up Next:

The second half of My Bride is a Mermaid (watched the first half two years ago)

All that Funimation is because Funimation-On-Demand is so convenient, and I recently subscribed to the website.

Currently watching:

Haganai

A Certain Magical Index

A Certain Scientific Railgun

Guilty Crown

Up Next:

The second half of My Bride is a Mermaid (watched the first half two years ago)

All that Funimation is because Funimation-On-Demand is so convenient, and I recently subscribed to the website.

Index is soooooo good. I love it.

My fiance and I have started Free but she wants to get caught up to the current season really quickly so I may drop that so she can get caught up.

I'm currently watch Sailor Moon Crystal and LOOOOOVING it although not a fan of the new transformation sequences. The 3D animation looks really cheap. Still love the story

Next on my list is getting caught up on The Irregular at Magic High School and starting Aldnoah Zero. Also need to watch this weeks SAO II. Having a hard time enjoying this season. Maybe when the story really gets started I'll enjoy it more.

Let’s see, during the last semester at club, I only paid attention to Tsuritama and Princess Tutu. This summer, I haven’t been paying attention to much. Watched a few episodes of Thermae Romae (which was very funny), though I couldn’t get into Kyousogiga (watched a few episodes and it looked nice, but the story was all over the place). I thought Humanity has Declined was too air-headed for my tastes and I didn’t pay attention to D-Frag!

On my own (been taking this approach more and more to whittle down my backlog), I have watched K Project along with the movie (both were very enjoyable, despite all their flaws), finished up Kill la Kill (brilliant), the 2nd season of Silver Spoon (also very nice), Gundam 08th MS Team (very enjoyable), Clannad (heartwarming and likeable, but I would have probably enjoyed it more if I watched it several years ago), and Initial D Fifth Stage (loved it- it confirmed that I chose my absolute favorite anime character correctly). On my flight overseas, I watched the Star Driver movie (an absolute disappointment), and the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie (absolutely AMAZING). In terms of trying things, I saw 2 episodes of No Game No Life, and the jury is still out on this one (it could go THIS way and be good, or it could go THIS way and be okay, or it could go THIS way and be terrible or it could go THIS way and be hateful). I can’t decide if the saturated and bright colors are an asset for creativity or a tool of annoyance, nor have I decided on if I will continue watching it or not. As for full commitment, I’m watching the second season of Free! along with Soul Eater (10 episodes in at the moment, so far it’s entertaining but I feel like it’s missing some stuff that keeps me saying I REALLY like it).

Next on the list? Gundam 0083 is a definite, along with Clannad After Story (been told it’s REALLY REALLY SAD), Captain Earth, Initial D Final Stage, and perhaps that Fate/Zero done as a game show anime (forgot the name, a friend showed me an episode and I’m laughing hysterically). Perhaps rewatches of Mawaru Penguindrum and the 2nd and 3rd arcs of Revolutionary Girl Utena if I have time (what’s that?) But when will I get to all this? Who knows?

Umi   

Just Finished: Noragami - pretty eh show, nothing about it struck me as special, Ao Haru Ride - really cute for a romance anime, which I'm not normally a fan of.

Currently Watching: Magi : Labyrinth of Magic (10/25), Soul Eater (26/50)

Plan to Watch: Haikyuu, Psycho-Pass, Kobato.

Finished Kill la Kill, YuruYuri, and Space Dandy. Started watching Sailor Moon and finished it a few days ago. Still have to finish Toradora lol.

Started watching Sailor Moon R and also sparsely watching Fairy Tail. Also watching Yurikuma Arashi! Ikuhara definitely has another hit with this one.

EDIT: Totally forgot to add Love Live. I also started and finished Chuunibyou and have now moved onto Chuunibyou Ren. Both are very cute.

Edited by Estellise

Last week, I showed the "Lupin the Third Versus Detective Conan" feature film in my anime club. I wouldn't give it my highest recommendation. However, it was clever and enjoyable.

On my flight overseas, I watched ... the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie (absolutely AMAZING).

I have been seriously considering showing the live Kenshin movie #1 for my club. After all, I still like the manga, as well as the first two major story arcs in the TV series.

Nova417   

Some of you guys are impressive. ; ; I can only watch one at a time-

I'm currently focusing in on Ouran Host High School Club! Afterward, I may look into No Game No Life...

highspot   

I really want to dive into the horror genre of anime.

So I would like to watch Parasyte or Tokyo Ghoul.

Parasyte is good. I remember reading some of the manga in Mixxzine many years ago so I was really excited when I found out about the anime. I recommend it.

I'm a huge horror movie fan in general, but most of the horror anime I've watched has been in movies rather than episodic. Demon City Shinjuku is one of my favorites. I've got one called Shigurui queued up in the Funimation streaming app but haven't started it yet.

Current favorite anime I'm watching has nothing to do with horror though: My Love Story, Food Wars, and Plastic Memories

Pondering what I presently can't seem to see torments me. I have an inclination that I've missed a great deal, however, I accuse cash issues, overspending on insane irregular stuff, and obviously charges. Be that as it may, starting at now, I've incorporated a short rundown of recommended animes dependent on my present tastes. These incorporate later shows, likely finished off by Gurren Lagann, presumably the most exceedingly recommended Mushoku Tensei Manga arrangement on my rundown, trailed by Strike Witches and Bamboo Blade, the two of which I have been recommended by wrex. I likewise ought to get to watching Outlaw Star and Trigun too. Appears to be a quite little begin from my hop off point I know.

Edited by davidmalan007