Anime Central Forums
redx1

Durarara

redx1   

Finshed it last night. I must say, great ending to a series except....

We never figure out what happens to Celty's head

We don't know where Kida went.

The last episode felt generally rushed.

Other than that, loved the series. So far, it's my favorite for the year.

Ranko   

Finshed it last night. I must say, great ending to a series except....

We never figure out what happens to Celty's head

We don't know where Kida went.

The last episode felt generally rushed.

Other than that, loved the series. So far, it's my favorite for the year.

There is an episode 25 planned for the DVD release.

As far as Celty's head isn't it still in Izaya's office? They flashed by it near the end.

Edited by Ranko

redx1   

There is an episode 25 planned for the DVD release.

As far as Celty's head isn't it still in Izaya's office? They flashed by it near the end.

I figured there might be. It really does need another episode. I just hope it's not a filler/extra episode that doesn't relate with the story at all. Seems to be a popular thing in DVD releases lately.

It is still in Izaya's office. It's on his bookshelf.

Ranko   

Oh I also forgot to mention that the subtitling group I got DRRR from also mentioned an episode between two of the other episodes, I believe they called it 19.5.

Oh I also forgot to mention that the subtitling group I got DRRR from also mentioned an episode between two of the other episodes, I believe they called it 19.5.

A X.5 episode is nearly all ways a recap episode.

Mystline   

I loooved Durarara!! It is probably my favorite anime of this year.

The two ending themes to Durarara!! are "Trust me", by Yuuya Matsushita, and "Butterfly", by On/Off.

redx1   

The first three voice actors were anounced for the N/A realese:

Celty: Kari Wahlgren

Mikado: Darrel Guilbeau

Shizuo: Crispin Freeman

O.o! Already?

I have no arguments with Crispin Freeman as Shizuo. He might make him sound a little too manly though ;)

Ranko   

O.o! Already?

I have no arguments with Crispin Freeman as Shizuo. He might make him sound a little too manly though ;)

He has to sound manly, I mean... he throws vending machines..

redx1   

He has to sound manly, I mean... he throws vending machines..

Don't forget newspaper stands ;)

This makes sense, but there can be too manly.

Shizuo with a deep voice would just be scary.

Exactly! There's a comical side to Shizuo-chan. I mean... HE THROWS VENDING MACHINES :lol:

Mystline   

The first three voice actors were anounced for the N/A realese:

Celty: Kari Wahlgren

Mikado: Darrel Guilbeau

Shizuo: Crispin Freeman

Has Izaya's VA been announced yet?

My bestest friend got me into it about 2 weeks ago, she's seen the entire series, I'm on like episode ten.

Unfortunately our internet isn't too friendly so we've been trying to download them when available because crunchy roll is painfully slow and freezes.

That and APH have taken about all of my anime time lately. It really grabs you and doesn't let go, I'd probably watch the whole thing in one night if I could.

Shizuo is a beast lol.

Mystline   

Three more of the English cast announced:

Bryce Papenbrook as Masaomi Kida

Michelle Ruff as Anri Sonohara

Johnny Yong Bosch as Izaya Orihara

I KNEW IT.

That was way too predictable. :P

Awesome.

Three more of the English cast announced:

Bryce Papenbrook as Masaomi Kida

Michelle Ruff as Anri Sonohara

Johnny Yong Bosch as Izaya Orihara<<<<<<<

An ex power ranger? Eep that will definitely be interesting...

Heroman   

I actually just got the press screener for Durarara a few days ago and have to say I am pretty impressed except for one character Simon but its not because of his voice acting its what he says but its fixed in episode 2. Johnny actually does a pretty good Izaya in my opinion and i'm usually a guy who prefers subs with original japanese voices but it was pretty good and well executed.

The screener only has 5 episodes so I am buying the set because I want the whole thing including the box art.

I see pictures of this series on 4chan and 2chan and I thought about checking it out but what's the whole plot? Is it like D grey man? Reborn? Something else?

Heroman   

actually what makes this series good is that it focuses on multiple characters at different points, so one episode itll focus on Mikado and Kida, add Anri, Simon, Celty, Izaya, Shizuo and Shinra but different episodes focuses on different stories from different aspects of the characters. Celty and Shizuo are my favorite 2 characters and their stories are awesome. Around season 2 it goes back to focus on Mikdao when the action and story plot starts getting deeper and twisted, only downfall is the ending leaves you asking more questions.

The english VA's seem to do a pretty well job in capturing that from the 5 episodes I've seen.

actually what makes this series good is that it focuses on multiple characters at different points, so one episode itll focus on Mikado and Kida, add Anri, Simon, Celty, Izaya, Shizuo and Shinra but different episodes focuses on different stories from different aspects of the characters. Celty and Shizuo are my favorite 2 characters and their stories are awesome. Around season 2 it goes back to focus on Mikdao when the action and story plot starts getting deeper and twisted, only downfall is the ending leaves you asking more questions.

The english VA's seem to do a pretty well job in capturing that from the 5 episodes I've seen.

Is it like Soul eater then in terms of screen time? I hate animes that only focus on two-five characters like Naruto/Bleach/Sailor moon and disregard other characters (like Rock lee, Gai until recently, etc.) Soul eater had chapters with all the characters equally imo.

Might buy the dvds and sit down and watch it for a whole day XD

Edited by The Fujoshi

Heroman   

There are like 6 focused on characters each get there own episodes and tie in to everything over all. You see all the characters throughout the anime which is cool minus shinra who appears not as often but they all get screen time. If anything you can place it a little more towards Soul Eater in that aspect but its worth it.

Buying the dvds is great just because it supports an awesome anime.

Heroman   

So got my DVD set a few days ago and watched the first 9 episodes and my thoughts are......the dub was really well done, I had a few gripes with the dialogue but that was only in episode 1 with Simon saying "long time no see" over and over and by episode 2 sounds more like what Simon would say, but everything else was done with expertise, to that I can actually watch this in dub or sub so thumbs up to Aniplex.