Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jsieczkar

The 3rd Anime Central Tournament Of Anime

Quarter Final R1: Cowboy Bebop (1998) vs Beck - Mongolian Chop Squad (2004) closed winner Cowboy Bebop

Quarter Final R2: Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) vs Paprika (2006) closed winner Mobile Suit Gundam

Quarter Final R3: Princess Mononoke (1997) vs Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki {OVA}(1992) closed winner Princess Mononoke

Quarter Final R4: Grave of the Fireflies (1988) vs Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal (1999) closed winner Grave of the Fireflies

Semi Finial R1: Cowboy Bebop (1998) vs Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) closed winner Cowboy Bebop

Semi Finial R2: Princess Mononoke (1997) vs Grave of the Fireflies (1988) closed winner Princess Mononoke

Bronze Medal Round: Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) vs Grave of the Fireflies (1988) closes 5/8

Quarter Final R1: Cowboy Bebop (1998) vs Beck - Mongolian Chop Squad (2004) closed winner Cowboy Bebop

Quarter Final R2: Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) vs Paprika (2006) closed winner Mobile Suit Gundam

Quarter Final R3: Princess Mononoke (1997) vs Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki {OVA}(1992) closed winner Princess Mononoke

Quarter Final R4: Grave of the Fireflies (1988) vs Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal (1999) closed winner Grave of the Fireflies

Semi Finial R1: Cowboy Bebop (1998) vs Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) closed winner Cowboy Bebop

Semi Finial R2: Princess Mononoke (1997) vs Grave of the Fireflies (1988) closed winner Princess Mononoke

Bronze Medal Round: Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) vs Grave of the Fireflies (1988) closes 5/8

Finial Round: Cowboy Bebop (1998) vs Princess Mononoke (1997) closes 5/10

I'm going to flip a coin remote control for both. Buttons up is the first choice.

*Flips remote* Gundam

*Flips remote* Bebop

Mononoke

Though its a pretty close call. I would still take Gundam over both, but unfortunately that did not advance. Mononoke is one of the first anime movies I saw and it holds that special something because of it. I realize though thats also why Bebop does so well in these. For a lot of fans, they remember Cowboy Bebop being one of the first shows they really saw and watched. It helped get a lot of people into anime in the American audience.

Lina   

Mononoke.

I'm with Felf. I choose Gundam over both. lol

I also don't want to see Bebop win again for a second year in a row (unless it won the first year too.) Though, I still liked Mononoke a bit better.

Mononoke

Though its a pretty close call. I would still take Gundam over both, but unfortunately that did not advance. Mononoke is one of the first anime movies I saw and it holds that special something because of it. I realize though thats also why Bebop does so well in these. For a lot of fans, they remember Cowboy Bebop being one of the first shows they really saw and watched. It helped get a lot of people into anime in the American audience.

You're definitely right about Bebop. That's the first anime show I really saw and it got me into the wonderful world of anime. I saw dbz and ronin warriors when i was younger, but they didn't have nearly the same impact on me as Bebop did. Since watching the show, I've seen quite a few animes and Cowboy Bebop is still unsurpassed in my book. So my vote goes to (drum roll)... COWBOY BEBOP! :thumbup:

EzERawk   

Mononoke. I love Bebop and all, but Mononoke was so one of the first animes I got to see in theaters. It has wonderful artwork and music and is able to reach a wider audience. It deserves the win.

Voxx   

Mononoke.

Shock! I know. ^.^ But I am a huuuge Bebop fan, but its had its time to shine. Now for another series <3 Mononoke is a great movie and its definitely a classic.

Bebop gets my vote.

I vote shows over movies mostly because I find it more difficult to have a story hold your attention for 26 episodes (appx. 9-10 hours), then it is for a movie usually 1-2 hours. So for the ability for a studio to make a single story line hold my attention for 10 hours they will get my vote. It is much more difficult, in my opinion, to make something to hold the audience's attention for 10 hours, then for only 2 hours.

But with that said. Mononoke is an awesome piece of work, and I will not be disappointed if it wins.

Bronze Medal Round: Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) vs Grave of the Fireflies (1988) closed

Third Place: Grave of the Fireflies