Anime Central Forums
TaiyakiOni

Old School Vs. New School

Which is better?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer old school or new school anime?

• Old School ( 80's 90's Ect. )
    • New School ( 2000+ )
    • Both are good

I really enjoy both, but I like old school better, because its what I grew up on of course being 25 years old.

My very first anime was Samurai pizza Cats (The dubbed version) Quite funny. Heard that the script got lost, and Saban made up stuff for the show for the dubbed part and I think that's what made it epic.

My all time favorite Anime Ranma 1/2. My sister showed this one to me and still today I love it!

old school anime I like:

Vampire princess Miyu

Devil Hunter Yohko

Dirty pair

Sailor Moon

Slayers

Tenchi

Cat girl Nuku Nuku

Hyper police

Ranma

Magic Knight Rayearth

Your Under Arrest

Gunsmith Cats

Samurai Pizza Cats

This is all I can remember right now... Both new school and old school have some awesome titles!

fotaku07   

I like a lot of the old school story lines. However, I can't bring myself to watch some of them now because of the animation.

If they re-animated Dominion Tank Police, Riding Bean, or the original Dirty Pair I would die of happiness.

Edited by fotaku07

I like a lot of the old school story lines. However, I can't bring myself to watch some of them now because of the animation.

If they re-animated Dominion Tank Police, Riding Bean, or the original Dirty Pair I would die of happiness.

Aw come on! Old school hand drawn animation is totally awesome! has a feeling of personality to it rather than all clean cut and perfect. Also got to love the old inking mistakes you sometimes catch in certain scenes.

Yes CG animation is pretty, but it wasn't always so. -shudders at the memory of CG animation during the early 2000's-

fotaku07   
Aw come on! Old school hand drawn animation is totally awesome! has a feeling of personality to it rather than all clean cut and perfect. Also got to love the old inking mistakes you sometimes catch in certain scenes.

Yes CG animation is pretty, but it wasn't always so. -shudders at the memory of CG animation during the early 2000's-

Ok, ok.. I admit it. Some I do love the original animation and would never want changed. I guess I was just in a funk cause I tried watching MD Geist on Netflix and had to quit 10 minutes into it because of the animation.

I shudder with you at the memory of early CG animation. Even now some of is still pretty tacky.

Ya know, I just thought of something. With all the new stuff being done mostly on the computer there's barely any hand-painted Cells being sold of the new stuff. That's saddening that hardcore fans can't own a piece of a series like they use to.

Ok, ok.. I admit it. Some I do love the original animation and would never want changed. I guess I was just in a funk cause I tried watching MD Geist on Netflix and had to quit 10 minutes into it because of the animation.

I shudder with you at the memory of early CG animation. Even now some of is still pretty tacky.

Ya know, I just thought of something. With all the new stuff being done mostly on the computer there's barely any hand-painted Cells being sold of the new stuff. That's saddening that hardcore fans can't own a piece of a series like they use to.

Indeed cells are no longer a commodity to be had with everything being done CG. Excel Saga has pointed this out in jokes before that there is a market for "fake" animation cels that are made of newer series that don't really have cels to begin with. I dunno how they've gone about stamping it out but you don't see them online very often.