Anime Central Forums
Neko_master_Luna

You Know Your An Otaku When....game

Xiao   

You know you're an otaku when you spot Japanese people and stand somewhere around them just to listen to them talk. xDDD.

Xiao   

Oh, and you also know when you're an otaku when you play sports and call your special move your "limit break". xDD

...or when you shout "HADOUUUUUUUUUUKEN!" right before you execute your "limit break."

You know you're an otaku when you use your whole paycheck on anime instead of paying a bill off.

That or the reason you have to use your whole paycheck on a bill is because of all the anime you charged.

you've woken up from a dream and immediately said "wait i have to save the game" and actually sat there playing an invisible controller humming along final fantasy music until you snapped out of it and realized you're still half asleep ^_^

Actually I know I am an otaku because I have woke myself up thinking I had shut a game off with out saving!

You know when you are an otaku when you tell people to shut up while reading manga or watching anime with your serious/surpised face on.

You know when you are an otaku when you keep your cosplay on at least a day after the anime convention is over (without taking it off once) while still acting like the character.

... you memorize all of your favorite character's birthdays and celebrate them.

... you see someone who looks similar to that character and imagine they are that character.

(I have done these too many times..)

......you spend a day looking for bookstores or video shops that are closing so that you can get the best discounts on Manga and Anime.

......when everyone at your job calls you by a nickname which you took from an anime.

.......(I have another one, but I think it might be sooooo dirty.)

... if you go to various Japanese / Asian related events in your area in hopes of meeting other otaku your age.

......you spend a day looking for bookstores or video shops that are closing so that you can get the best discounts on Manga and Anime.

Guilty, but I mainly doing it right now to pick up items for raffle prizes for the Anime Club I run based on who has shown up to the most meetings.

Trini   

...when you see a dude with shaggy black hair walking down the street hunched over, wearing a white shirt, jeans, and dirty tennis shoes and automatically think 'L!'

You know you're an otaku when you're an aspiring artist and every piece of work you've ever done has had something to do with anime.

(the first picture I'd ever drawn was Goku back from the Dragonball days when I was 6. Good times <3)

You also know you're an otaku when the idea of a live-action anime movie is more revolting to you than a bird-eating tarantula.