Anime Central Forums
Neko_master_Luna

You Know Your An Otaku When....game

Guest Inkwell09*   
Guest Inkwell09

You know you're an otaku when you carry a Death Note with you as a method of self-defense. (Also, I have done this)

TekoMuto   

You Know you're an otaku when you're not broke becuase you don't just buy every manga thats put out but you carefully select and browse through all of the mainstreamed manga that inhabits most bookshelves today, to find series that aren't cram down your throat shojo.

why anyone would waste money on fruits basket is beyond me.........

You know you're an otaku when you think see an Akira shoe store and think how funny it would be if there was a Kaneda or Tetsuo store across the street... I was walking down state street with my sister yesterday and we both thought the same thing...

Edited by i_like_kyos

You know your an otaku when you flip out when you find Funimation anime dubs on demand and watch Ouran for two hours straight. (And hey TekoMuto, Fruits Basket is awesome!)

You know when your an otaku when you travel hundreds or thousands of miles to a convention for one guest. That happened to me at animenext (in central Jersey) when I got Kenji Kamiyama's autograph.

You know you're a fan when you modify your game consoles. (I've been trying to mod my 4.3 Wii with not much success.)

You know you're a fan when you try to guess when consoles will have their final commercial releases. (PS2 has a few annual sports games still to go, though there's been nothing but licensed games since Sakura Wars SLML. There's about four remaining big-name games still to be released for the DS, and about three for PSP. And I don't know if there will anything notable on Wii next year...)

Guest Inkwell09*   
Guest Inkwell09

You know your an otaku (particularly a Hetalia fan) when you threaten to beat someone with your Peace Prize.

You know you are an otaku when you call people by game nicknames:

Wonderboy Cloud, emo kid Neku, Jump Junpei.

Guest Inkwell09*   
Guest Inkwell09

You know you are an otaku when you use oar-shaped paddles for shipping pairings more than rowing boats. (Quote courtesy of my nii-san)

you know you're an otaku because you knew when you saw Sailor Uranus and Neptune you knew they were lovers not cousins like the English dub wanted you to think

^ Especially when Uranus blushes in the SuperS movie. I still can't believe they kept that in the English dub!

You know you're an otaku when you're favorite song is "World is Mine" by Miku. :P

^ Mine is too!

You know you're an otaku when you yell "KONO BAKA!" at your cousin when she says something stupid. :P

You know when you an Otaku when you start to have crushes on anime/manga characters.....

And try to find men like them.

In looks and nationality.

You know when you are an Otaku when you know the words to any Jpop or anime opening the first time you see it.

You know when you an Otaku when you start to have crushes on anime/manga characters.....

And try to find men like them.

In looks and nationality.

YESSSSSS! Totally know what that's like! XDD

You know you're an otaku when you prefer modern Japanese music over modern American music.