Anime Central Forums
Voxx

How ____ Should Have Ended!

Voxx   

I was reminded of those flash videos that change the ending of movies so I thought why not see how others wanted different anime series to end.

You can be serious, silly, fanboy/girl crazed fanfic writer (just please dont post 60 pages of a fanfic <3).

I guess I'll go first:

Inuyasha = Kagome should have had swine flu and brought it over to the feudal era and gave Inuyasha her illness thus killing him. :o Then after Inuyashas death Kagome dies shortly after not from grief, but from being the ditz she is... She fell down the well and broke her legs and couldnt get back up. Wahhh wahhh. >.> and Sango and Miroku live happily ever after (that actually does happen though :lol: )

Voxx   

I wish Cowboy Bebop ended differently..but at the same time I like how it is.

If anything I'd want a follow up with the rest of the bebop crew but I'm sure that would be even more depressing...

I was reminded of those flash videos that change the ending of movies so I thought why not see how others wanted different anime series to end.

You can be serious, silly, fanboy/girl crazed fanfic writer (just please dont post 60 pages of a fanfic <3).

I guess I'll go first:

Inuyasha = Kagome should have had swine flu and brought it over to the feudal era and gave Inuyasha her illness thus killing him. :o Then after Inuyashas death Kagome dies shortly after not from grief, but from being the ditz she is... She fell down the well and broke her legs and couldnt get back up. Wahhh wahhh. >.> and Sango and Miroku live happily ever after (that actually does happen though :lol: )

Doesn't need to be swine flu...I'm pretty sure they didn't have pennicillin back in the day, so even regular illness could have caused an empidemic that could have killed thousands.

I would probably change the ending of Chobits...purely because the ending ruined the series for me. I'd cut to like 5 years later how Hideki's life has been ruined because of Chii and how hes completely miserable because he realized the emptiness that comes with loving a robot. I mean wasn't that one of the big themes of Chobits? How miserable all these people who fell in love with their persocoms become?

wrexness   
Inuyasha = Kagome should have had swine flu and brought it over to the feudal era and gave Inuyasha her illness thus killing him. :o Then after Inuyashas death Kagome dies shortly after not from grief, but from being the ditz she is... She fell down the well and broke her legs and couldnt get back up. Wahhh wahhh. >.> and Sango and Miroku live happily ever after (that actually does happen though :lol: ) should've ended, period. Preferably about 100 episodes earlier.

Fixed. ^^b

Series that needed better endings:

Burst Angel

( WTF happened to Jo!? )

Ah! My Goddess

( The manga went a bit further, they should have kept it going )

Ai Yori Aoshi

( They never resolve Aoi and Kaoru's relationship to a satifactory conclusion )

Happy Lesson

( They end the series with Amnesia? ridiculous! )

Air

( I would have had Misuzu live damn it! )

Alien Nine

( Just when it was getting good they stopped it, had to read the manga to get the rest of the story )

GeoBreeders

( They shouldn't have ended it prematurely as an OVA, it was good! )

Mahoromatic

( Wish it was a happier ending )

Series that need to end:

Bleach

Naruto

Inuyasha

Pokemon

Detective Conan

Edited by TaiyakiZero

I would expect that anyone who reads the thread title and enters can only assume to see spoilers...

As for Rurouni Kenshin,

Instead of his and Kaoru's dying of TB and having his son despise, how about some kind of peaceful passing where Kenshin finally feels he has atoned for his past sins, Kaoru is sad, but her strong will forces her to push on, and Kenji is proud of his father.

wrexness   
I would expect that anyone who reads the thread title and enters can only assume to see spoilers...

The problem with that thinking is that no one would want to come into the thread then. As big of anime fans as some of us are, I doubt anyone has seen every single anime series in existence, so it's inevitable that someone would come in and get spoiled for something they want to / are going to watch. You can (probably) give your alternative for how you'd like to see a show end without saying what actually happened.

Clannad:

I would've preferred to have see Tomoya end up with either Tomoyo, Kyou or Kotomi. I rank those three all at the top of my list. I liked Nagisa, but I think ultimately that she was my least favorite girl.

As for Rurouni Kenshin,

Instead of his and Kaoru's dying of TB and having his son despise, how about some kind of peaceful passing where Kenshin finally feels he has atoned for his past sins, Kaoru is sad, but her strong will forces her to push on, and Kenji is proud of his father.

I think the ending of RK is what made it really great for me.

Sure, it was terribly sad, but it was so heart-wrenchingly good

that I just bawled and bawled and loved it forever. I never

like Kaoru anyway... And I believe Kenshin did finally feel content

with himself, because his scars faded right before he died, iirc.

Even though it was good, I understand your point, because after

connecting with the characters so much, you don't want anything

but a happy ending for them. ^^ I'd be so much happier if it

was "happily ever after", but Kenshin's life was a trainwreck to

begin with, a crappy ending just fits.

:lol:

I would probably change the ending of Chobits...purely because the ending ruined the series for me. I'd cut to like 5 years later how Hideki's life has been ruined because of Chii and how hes completely miserable because he realized the emptiness that comes with loving a robot. I mean wasn't that one of the big themes of Chobits? How miserable all these people who fell in love with their persocoms become?

A Chobits ending in the vain of what FlyingElf suggesed :

Cut 5 yrs later, Takako and Shinbo recieve a letter from Hideki who they haven't heard from in a two years. The letter prompts them to come to the apartment in two days at 7 P.M. . They arrive at the apartments the same time as Yumi and Hiroyasu, who have also have recieved a letter, to find that the apartments have fallen in some disrepair after Hibiya , either died or left to start a new life else where, gave them to Hideki and Chii to run. The group go in to find that all of the apartments are vacant expect for Hideki's, which is giving off a strange glow. They enter his apartment to find that Hideki has slowly been altering and replacing parts of his body with robotics to be more persocom like. Hideki is confused/concerned about them showing up since he never sent any such letter, but still welcomes them. As he on works a piece of machinery , that was previous in Hibiya's lab, he reveals that since is almost to a total persocom existance and he is going to hook his body up to net so Chii and he will finally be able to consumate their relationship to the fullest in the cyber world. He tells Chii it's time and she hooks up to some ports on one side of the machine as Hideki does the same on the other much to the horror of Takako, Shinbo, Yumi, and Hiroyasu. They try to reason with him about what he's about to do, but he blows them off saying it's the only way Chii and him can truely be together as he pushes a button on the machine's keyboard. Hideki yells in screams of pain and plesure as the machine starts to upload his vary being into cyber world. Suddenly Chii turns to the group to reveal that 'Freya' has once more taken over her and she is the one who wrote to them in hopes of them being able to stop him. Freya/Chii goes on to tell them that the only way to stop what is happening is to destroy both the machine and her. Yumi picks up a near by axe driving the blade through Chii's head and body ,while Takako, Shinbo, and Hiroyasu destroy the machine. As the remain parts of the machine start to malfuntion and exploded causing the apartment to start on fire, the quadrio escape. Hours later, Hideki is found amoung the rebar of the burnt out apartments horrible scared more machine than man clutching half of Chii's head. A month later, the Hiromus and Uedas are standing outside of a psy ward room watching as Hideki has group therpy with others of his condition in hopes that one day he will be able to join society once more.

Evangelion (TV series ending):

a big ice cream social party instead of them just standing there.

Evangelion( Movie Ending):

During the beach scene pull the "Contact Ending" and have Pen-Pen revealed to be God.

Last Exile:

Clear up whether or not Dio Eraclea is dead. Yes, we do see him get absorbed into the stream, but we do hear his voice later on though and there is the one piece of offical series artwork that depicts after the series ending that seems to show him entering just off scene.

Azumanga Daioh: 10 years later, Chiyo returns to the school as a English/ cooking teacher. Tomo has basically become the next Yukari. Sakaki has realized dream of becoming a vet. Maya is now an old cat seen laying around Sakaki's office whose mascot image appears to be both Maya and Mr. Tadakichi sitting under a tree. Yomi is now a counseler of sorts. Kagura is now a gym teacher. Osaka is running a cafe.

Voxx   

^ Omg I wish the eva movie ended like that. I would worship that god hehe... Or Shinji rolling over and whispers hes pregnant in Asukas ear... That would probably make that ending more f'ed up than it already is.

I like that ending to Azumanga Daioh. Here's my take:

Chiyo-chan ends up becoming the first female Prime Minister of Japan.

Sakaki becomes a world-famous veternarian, who also competes in the Olympics.

Sadly, Kagura's Olympic bid fails, but she becomes a gym teacher.

Tomo becomes an Interpol agent (her dream is to become Fujiko, remember?). Like the Dirty Pair, she causes disasters and international incidents everywhere, but like the Dirty Pair, she's never found guilty.

Yomi ends up becoming a culinary teacher and, like Oprah, fights her weight constantly as she gets older.

Kaorin goes insane, drags Mr. Kimura off, and murders him.

Evangelion Retake is how the series should've ended. Period.

Ben Da Mad Irishman

"And Faye marries Jet"

Voxx   

^ Woah woah woah.... Faye CANNOT marry Jet. Besides I really doubt the ol guy can get it upo...*cough* and I think that would kill the relationship on top of many other things! :lol:

Speaking of, how about a series that should have ENDED?

Kuroshitsuji. I mean, don't get me wrong, I *love* it, but

the ending to season one? Seemed pretty darn finite to me.

I'm kind of confused that they've officially announced another

season. I won't include any details for spoilers' sake, but come

on. Season one ended, to me, with "THIS IS THE END. HOPE

YOU HAD FUN. :'D" You were like, "Wow. Okay. It's definitely over."

After all is said and done, though, PUMPED FOR SEASON TWO! :lol:

i respect the BALLZ it took to flip off the viewer by going WANT MOAR? READ DA MANGA with the berserk ending.

@takiyaki, ah my goddess hasn't ended! if anything, a better ending would've been to stop at season one before they dragged it out with the god awful second season and then the mediocre fighting wings special...*sigh*

so many of my favorite manga stories completely ruined or just skipped over..*SIGH*

the beck ending was one of the biggest disappointments of my anime career.

why ruin like 2 ENTIRE ARCS? they could've at least animated that final concert. honestly, it would have been fine

with ANYTHING but what they did. an original anime ending would've been better. cutting off at the end of the previous arc would've been fine. ANYTHING but skipping around to get to certain plot points in the final episode via still photos!

i agree totally about chobits. i sorta always feel that way with harem series where a magical girl drops into the main character's lap and waits on the guy completely like a maid. i always hope the message will be that's an unhealthy and unrealistic relationship and the girl will leave in a bittersweet way but the relationship will have helped the protagonist learn how to date a normal human girl.

@Keiichi-chan: As an old school fan of the OVA's back in the 90's as well as a Manga fan I am happy with the second season since it continued with the manga, sure it could've ended with first season but they pushed it to cover more of the manga and I was happy with that. I personally liked it, just not the ending they gave it. If anything, the best was the Movie! I loved the Ah! My Goddess Movie.

I wish that the Berserk Anime ended differently, Never have I been so enraged there was nothing after that last episode......................

I agree. There's some crap later on in that manga that just needs to be animated.

Edit: I've been away from here for too long; I forgot about the swear filter :lol:

Voxx   
@Keiichi-chan: As an old school fan of the OVA's back in the 90's as well as a Manga fan I am happy with the second season since it continued with the manga, sure it could've ended with first season but they pushed it to cover more of the manga and I was happy with that. I personally liked it, just not the ending they gave it. If anything, the best was the Movie! I loved the Ah! My Goddess Movie.

So did I!! Oh true love...if only finding it was so easy...and walking through a darn gate is so hard...why was Celestin so hot?

metalgravy's back!!! 8D

the 2nd season of amg butchered the original manga stories beyond recognition.

i question whether or not you read the manga versions of stories like peorth's intro arc if you think the anime

did a good job with it.../sass

Didn't really care for the endings to Utena and Big O either. Although, from what I've heard, Big O was supposed to have a third season, so maybe its non-ending is acceptable. Utena's just didn't make any sense; unless it's supposed to be some kind of philosophical bs, in which case I don't care. Also, Mai Hime had a pretty bad ending, but considering what the characters go through in the second season, I'll allow it.

The ending of the Utena movie should have been better. Anthy should have stayed as a car.

:eek: *adds Utena movie to list of stuff to watch*

Glad to see you back MG!

Thanks, glad to be back.

Voxx   
:eek: *adds Utena movie to list of stuff to watch*

Thanks, glad to be back.

Lol...its lesbian car love...go watch it...

But really theres just about the same amount of man love in that too. Oh Touga. So sexy...Its just Crispin Freemans voice though XD

wrexness   
I wish Toradora! had ended differently :<<<<

o.o Really? I thought it was kinda cute.. I mean, aside from the 'disease' that prevents most harem series creators from doing something that would tick off a significant part of the fan base. To explain what I mean further, doesn't it seem like the majority of harem series have one character that they predominately push over the others? e.g. Naru in Love Hina, Yuna in Maburaho, etc. I figure that if they push the audience towards liking the girl who will end up winning, you keep the fans happy. Of course, it just bugs the crap out of me since I'd rather the series surprise and frustrate me than be telegraphed and bore me. It just seems like the other female characters are always just there to serve up the illusion of competition for the main protagonist's heart. Why can't more harems be like Tenchi or Shuffle where multiple characters are given a true chance at winning the heart of the man.

Speaking of which...

Shuffle:

Rin decides to marry Sia and become part of the line of gods... buuuuut he takes her up on her offer since polygamy is legal in the land of gods. He then marries all of the girls and lives a quite satisfying - though physically exhausting - life. Also, ending up with Sia (as opposed to, say, Kareha) is in no way completely influenced by my affections for Brittney Karbowski.