Anime Central Forums
Voxx

How ____ Should Have Ended!

Futakoi, though that series needs more than just a different ending almost the entire series needs to be rewritten, I was so dissapointed in it...

Hayate no Gotoku: I liked this series a lot, but I wish the ending episode had been a lot more "last episode" like... would've liked some closure ( asking a lot from this series I know )

Chrono Crusade( anime ): Needed to end like the manga instead.

wrexness   

Hum... well, I'd have to read the manga and watch the anime again to get a firmer grasp on Chrono Crusade's ending, I remember actually being more satisfied with the anime's ending, especially with Satella's and Fiore's fates.

Voxx   
Hum... well, I'd have to read the manga and watch the anime again to get a firmer grasp on Chrono Crusade's ending, I remember actually being more satisfied with the anime's ending, especially with Satella's and Fiore's fates.

I kind of agree with that, but thats because I think I have a bias of watching the anime first and that got me more emotional than reading the manga after I saw it and collected it. Either way I think both endings were pretty good, but I liked the anime in a bittersweet way more.

wrexness   

Well, I was doing both at once so I don't think I have that bias. ^^b Not that bias is necessarily a bad thing, at least something as opinionated as... well, opinions. XD

In the first season of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, Aoi AKA

The Laughing Man,

should have took up the Chief's offer and joined Section 9. That would have been cool.

In FMA Conquerer of Shambala, Winry should have stayed with Ed and been with him. LOL

And I wish that InuYasha ended like the manga did. The ending was just TERRIBLE.

Voxx   
Gantz

= should not have strayed from the manga ... that is all i have to say ...

I completely agree!!! The ending SUCKED! It was interesting at first but then went downhill hardcore. But if they continued from the manga the anime series would be like rated XXX. :lol:

And I wish that InuYasha ended like the manga did. The ending was just TERRIBLE.

They should have just ended the series after the first two seasons and let someone else take over. XD

They should have just ended the series after the first two seasons and let someone else take over. XD

Yeah, I know right? If they just ended it like the manga, all the deep "couples" fans and the ending that people wanted would have been achieved and no blank faces would have had to be seen.

Yeah, I know right? If they just ended it like the manga, all the deep "couples" fans and the ending that people wanted would have been achieved and no blank faces would have had to be seen.

The manga wasn't finished when the anime ended, so they had to end that on a "WTF?" note. They're going to finish the anime now that the manga is done; the new Inu-Yasha series either already is in production or soon will be. Yeah, I hated that too, especially since Ranma ended on a whole lot of nothing and was obviously Takahashi admitting she had written herself into a corner.

I kind of gave up on Chrono Crusade after sort-of accidentally seeing the ending (in an AMV). Does the manga end better? Because the ending of Chrono Crusade was damn well bittersweet. Not as much of a kick in the groin as End of Evangelion or Grave of the Fireflies, but close.

Ben Da Mad Irishman

"I feel sick"

^ Omg I wish the eva movie ended like that. I would worship that god hehe... Or Shinji rolling over and whispers hes pregnant in Asukas ear... That would probably make that ending more f'ed up than it already is.

lol..after finally watching End of Evangelion, I personally am fine and content with how it actually ended....but if I had had it MY way, Shinji would have actually ended up choking Asuka on the beach, then would have masterbated furiously onto her dead body as he uncontrollably cries....THAT would have put the insanity cherry on the mental illness sundae that was Evangelion...plus if you watched End Of Eva from beggining to end...you would appreciate the sudulity since it's how the movie began...minus the choking part.

I kind of gave up on Chrono Crusade after sort-of accidentally seeing the ending (in an AMV). Does the manga end better? Because the ending of Chrono Crusade was damn well bittersweet. Not as much of a kick in the groin as End of Evangelion or Grave of the Fireflies, but close.

The anime and manga kind of split into two different series at the half way point. The anime does get its horrible bitter sweet ending

The Manga:

In the end they have to fight Aion, Pandora, and ALL of the demons. Chrono saves the children and Rosette and forces them to escape while he stays behind and takes on the demon hordes all by himself. The demon thing gets resolved but no one know what happened to Chrono. Years later, Rosette lives to be like 28 years old and as she is about to die while sitting alone in a church upon a grassy hill she stands and looks behind her and there standing in the door way is Chrono, bandaged up, missing an arm and horribly injured but all he does is open his arms in a gesture of welcoming and affection for Rosette and she throws herself into his arms and then passes away silently. It is hinted Chrono continues to live somewhere but uncertain where or what he is doing now.

Edited by TaiyakiZero

EzERawk   
The anime and manga kind of split into two different series at the half way point. The anime does get its horrible bitter sweet ending

Um, I think your spoiler is referencing the manga, not the anime. But yes, if you like bitter sweet endings, the anime is better. Things get kinda weird in the manga regarding the explanation behind Pandemonium and Chronos race.

I can't really thing of anime that was good that ended so horribly that I was offended. I guess recently I was disappointed with the end of Ponyo, which reminded me too much of the lackluster, no conclusion type ending that Porco Rosso also had...Oh right, I forgot about s-CRY-ed. The anime was terrible and the ending was the worst thing I've ever seen. It should have ended with someone coming along and just putting two bullets in the heads of the main characters.

wrexness   
Um, I think your spoiler is referencing the manga, not the anime. But yes, if you like bitter sweet endings, the anime is better. Things get kinda weird in the manga regarding the explanation behind Pandemonium and Chronos race.

Note: Previously TZ said that the anime should've ended like the manga, and the purpose of this thread is to say how you'd like a series to end. XD

Edited by wrexness

Indeeed, my bad with the typo, fixed and fixed! =D

Anyways, another one I recently rewatched...Geobreeders. I wish the anime release had extended a bit further into the Manga's story instead of being cut off as a short OVA series... Geobreeders was DAMN good as an anime and manga, I just wish the anime had done more.

I would also like to support a new ending for Air where

Misuzu doesn't die and she, Aunt Haruko and Yukito all skip along on the beach happily ever after, oh yeah, and Yukito ISN'T a crow! That'd be nice. =)

Kingdom Hearts: The whole Organization should've attacked at once, captured Sora, thrown him in a closet, killed Mickey, and gotten their hearts. THen let Sora go find Riku and all would be good.

There are two series that sorta irked me with how they ended.

Rave Master (Manga)

Ok, the final chapter did NOT need to exist. The series' climax where to save the world, Elie must destroy the device Haru is inside, and he can't escape in time, so she destroys it with Haru still inside, tears streaming from her eyes. Of course in the end this kills Haru as well. The world is saved, but she had to sacrifice the man she loved to do it. Then, in the next chapter after a short period where the story says she lost her memory for a few years, they visit the place where Haru died to find out he mysteriously resurrected. Elie immediately regains her memory and the series ends with them getting married. WTF? Convenient happy ending much? It completely and utterly destroys the impact the previous chapter just threw at you.

FMA Brotherhood

When Father took ALL of the souls in Amestris and it basically killed everybody, I thought it was absolutely amazing. What a crazy turn of events with the villain wins to THAT EXTENT. But, one chapter later the alchemy gets reversed and it ends up with one giant final battle with good prevailing. Don't get me wrong, the battle was cool, but pretty cliche with ending it with one giant final battle. It seemed out of place with the type of series FMA was. Of course too, Edward sacrificing his alchemy powers to save Alphonse was a very convenient way to get back his brother without paying pretty much anything. It's not like anyone honestly EVER needed alchemy to begin with. That turn of events left as bad of a taste in my mouth as "energybending" in Avatar: the last Airbender. In the end, Edward gives a marriage confession and everyone lives happily ever after with many kids and families. Really? I'll take the ending of the original FMA series over that one.

Edited by mattheinsane

Going to flip a script.

Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki should have transpired as such:

OVA1

This was perfect. Nothing was too far out of place, up until the 1 hour "Carnival Special" where it was revealed that Sasami was having nightmares about three silloueted characters. All instances of this should be removed.

OVA2

Okay, Dr. Clay be mad and all because Washu always got the best of him. I don't know, make something up. Just don't throw transdimensional goddess' in to the mix because thats a lame Deus Ex device. Clay is defeated, every one is happy, Zero Ryoko lives her life, like I said ANYTHING COULD BE BETTER!

OVA3

This should not exist if you were following me thus far. The whole Noike story, and indeed the OVA, was a snooze fest because it took away a lot of what made Tenchi Muyo! what it was. Thus far it has been revealed that only Sasami is part Goddess due to being saved by Tsunami after she fell to her death. Isn't that enough? But no you have to make Washu a goddess as well, geez.

Then afterwards, no one gets married, no uninteresting characters are introduced, and everyone is happy. Basically, retcon this dump.

Or you could just do what I wish.

The fun times that are had in the mangas are the ones used in the anime.

But that's just me.

Edited by KirbyFanOne

Or they just could've ended Tenchi with the TV series and the OVA before further screwing it up with the Tenchi in Tokyo and GXP abominations.

We know damn good and well that Tenchi is the Japanese version of Archie Andrews. He's never going to choose Ayeka or Ryoko, because that is what gives him purpose. (Either that, or he's waiting for Sasami to grow up, given that she is the one person in the Masaki household who is not batshit insane.) It would be like Wile E. Coyote catching the Roadrunner.

Just as a joke episode, I would love it if Mihoshi set off a bomb built by Washu and destroyed the universe--then Tenchi wakes up on a shoreline, with Ayeka and Ryoko lying next to him, with crucified Ryo-ohkis all around them. Fade to credits with Washu's maniaical laughter echoing over the scene.

Then at the end of the credits, Washu says in her nasal voice "Just kidding!"

Ben Da Mad Irishman

"Admit it, it would be funny"

Actually, I would be scared. And I am. Because you wrote it! What kind of sick monster are you!? o.O

The original draft had "With Sasami's severed head on the horizon Rei-style," so it could've been worse. Then again, I always liked the Cowboy Bebop episode where they played it like the entire crew had been bitten by the mutated space lobster, and then, at the "see you later, space cowboy" tagline, Ed states that everyone was dead and there would be no more episodes. You then hear Spike screaming that everyone was all right and to please keep watching the series.

I actually did write an Evangelion/Oh My Goddess/Tenchi crossover once...Washu had accidentally propelled Belldandy into the Evangelion universe, where NERV promptly attacks her (since Belldandy is an angel, sorta). Washu saves the day in the end, of course, collaborating with Skuld to build the Mega Angel Killer Mark I (King Banpei).

Ben Da Mad Irishman

"I was cold sober at the time, honest"

"I was cold sober at the time, honest"

Somehow I doubt this. Not even I am this batpoo when I'm being normal. You just have some strange dismemberment fetish dont you?

Don't you!?

Somehow I doubt this. Not even I am this batpoo when I'm being normal. You just have some strange dismemberment fetish dont you?

Don't you!?

*looks at drawing of favorite Battletech character who is missing an arm*

Not that I know of.

Ben Da Mad Irishman

*rips off Kirby's foot*

Evangelion (TV series ending):

a big ice cream social party instead of them just standing there.

Evangelion( Movie Ending):

During the beach scene pull the "Contact Ending" and have Pen-Pen revealed to be God.

:thumbup::thumbup: i like it

Gantz

= should not have strayed from the manga ... that is all i have to say ...

OMG i hated the ending soooo much! My boyfriend and i debate it whenever we talk about Gantz since he liked it >.>

Also for the Eva ending, it was lame because they ran out of funding toward the end and had to reuse a lot of the clips (or elongate scenes) from the show :P

I wish that Blue Gender would have ended differently. While elements of the final episode had been implied throughout the series, it still managed to seem as if it was completely uneccessary to the series as a whole. I know that it was meant to have some sort of warning about how we mustn't mistreat the environment but WHY DID IT NEED A BIG HAPPY VISION-ENDUCING EARTH SPHERE?

I wish that Blue Gender would have ended differently. While elements of the final episode had been implied throughout the series, it still managed to seem as if it was completely uneccessary to the series as a whole. I know that it was meant to have some sort of warning about how we mustn't mistreat the environment but WHY DID IT NEED A BIG HAPPY VISION-ENDUCING EARTH SPHERE?

HAHA! Yeeeeeeeeeees, have you seen the movie? We watched it (well, more like fast forwarded through it) after we finished the series and it was AWFUL! The whole movie seemed mostly composed of recycled clips from the series and the ending didn't even make sense! >.O

Edited by Fullmetal_C

TekoMuto   

NGE does NOT need a better ending. It was beautiful. 83

How digimon should have ended: Kids leave the Digiworld, when they grow up, Izzy figgures out how to bring people into Digiworld. Markets the transport devices as a new MMORPG. Korea dominates the digital world. Then 4ch(I mean ebuamsworld) crashes it.

How La blue girl should have ended: everyone's preggers

How pokemon should end: Ash finally defeats elite 4 and now has to stand in one place for the rest of his life unless another trainer walks into his line of sight to which he must battle once and then stand there forever and can only speak the same phrase every time he is talked to. Just like everyone else.

How excel saga should have ended: crazier. it seemed lacking.

Escaflowne

Hitomi should have stayed with Van! Or at least had one fricking kiss, gawd. We build up to the finale moment, they both dig each other, and yet... not kiss.

I don't know why I put that behind a spoiler tag... fffff you never know I guess.