1. 1. Year

• 1976-1980
    • 1981-1985
    • 1986-1990
    • 1991-1995
    • 1996-2000
    • 2001-2005
    • 2005-

Mine was Speed Racer and an episode of Dragon Ball when I was 5 years old...so I guess in 1992 then is when. I didn't start to watch it seriously until Toonami made anime available on tv much more easily =)

Krystal   

I used to watch Dragonball Z, pokemon, and Miyazaki films , starting when I was in about 2nd grade.

I learned what anime was 2 years ago, right before my first ACen.

wrexness   

Humm... it depends. I started watching anime on Cartoon Network and Fox (Sailor Moon, DBZ, Tenchi, Gundam, Speed Racer, etc), but I didn't know what anime was. It was just another cartoon to me. I started to really dive into the anime culture in about 2002 when I started watching Anime Unleashed on TechTV (much as it says in my profile XD ).

Voxx   
The first anime I watched KNOWING it was an anime was Elfen Lied...

and that's what really started it all...

Woah! lol

I'm thinking when I first started watching anime and knowing it was I was really young! I cant imagine being that young and watching EL. :lol: But then again my mom was a huge Steven Segal fan *shudders* Oh the terrible violent ridiculous movies I watched when I was a youngin. I assume you didnt watch it when you were little? ^.^

Voxx   
*sniffle* So many of us are anime fans because of Toonami. It was so painful to watch it die... :(

*cries*....its not fair... ;__;

Have you seen Toms farewell? Its so sad...its on youtube.

HaruHE   

Toonami...IMO....Really lost it towards about the last eight months of it's running, became too cliche and just....Really lame.

Toonami...IMO....Really lost it towards about the last eight months of it's running, became too cliche and just....Really lame.

I think the biggest mistake they made was going to weekends exclusively. They lost a lot of "after school chill-out" crowd.

HaruHE   

That's a very good point, it DID get alot of it's ratings from the after school crowd, lose that and what have ya got?