Bold&Delicious

What Are You Currently Playing?

All Alone...

Project X Zone (3DS)

Last of Us

In Good Company...

Divekick (PS3)

Dragon's Crown (PS3)

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition ver2012 (PS3)

And I just hosted a Marvel 3 tournament last night. Wooo!

3DS: Attack of the Friday Monsters

I have tried the demos of Fire Emblem Awakening and Project X Zone. While I usually find strategy/tactical RPGs to be stressful and frustrating, these impressed me with their presentation.

Vita: Persona 4 Golden, this time in New Game Plus mode

Divekick (PS3)

I saw this game for the first time at NDK 2013. Hilarious!

Divekick is fantastic. It let's me share the basic concepts of fighting games with people who know nothing about the community or fighting games in general.

Right now I'm playing Chaos Code. I've been waiting a long time for this game!

Not new by any means, but re-aquatinting myself with Age of the Empires :) Was one of my favorite games growing up and it's great to be able to play a game every night or so after I finish up work :)

The story of Project X Zone (my first 3DS cart) seems to be an excuse plot for gathering dozens of characters and compelling them to fight.

Playing Idolmaster SP (Perfect Sun) for the first time. Not difficult thanks to a translation patch, but the first music audition has me confused. Don't know how to appeal to the judges in more than one category.

I haven't played a lengthy console game in a few years. I want to be optimistic about Tales of Xilia.

Edited by dorkatlarge

WWE 2k14

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Ep. 1

Umineko: Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Capcom Vs. SNK 2

Marvel Vs. Capcom 1

Street Fighter VS. X-MEN

Lots of fightin' games...thinking about gettin' Skullgirls this weeeknd.

Boss 101 - A side shooter which has you upgrade yourself over time as you defeat not only increasingly more powerful opponents but also randomized. Curious method of play, but it's a tad repetitive. And addicting?

Lelo   

I'm playing Skyrim, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Shadow of the Colossus.

Boss 101 sounds interesting. What's your favorite part of it so far?

Boss 101 sounds interesting. What's your favorite part of it so far?

What appealed to me the most was the random element between every boss you could potentially face. Some are ridiculously easy or incredibly hard depending on the weapon and/or pattern they use, which kept things fresh. Except this tends to not so be fresh in no time at all, because there isn't that much variety of weaponry and/or patterns. There are 100 bosses in total, and they all feel pretty much the same, and are defeated far too fast early on or too long in the final few, due to having way too much HP. At the very least it made the final boss (number 101) amazing, because it used weapons and patterns not seen up until that point. It's a grinding game at it's core, for which I try to keep away from because of how they suck you in. :o

And speaking of grinding games, Loot Hero. Hold the click and hold the mouse button, charge into enemies that don't attack you but act as brick walls that hurt you when you charge in. Collect money from said brick walls to buy upgrades which allow you to surpass the increasingly more damaging brick walls. That's it, over and over. It addicting in design, but it's a very hollow game. :(

I picked up Injustice for Steam during the winter sale and having played the 360 version I must say it's a decent port. It looks and runs so nicely that I wonder why I put up with consoles for so long. Plus I don't have to pay for the individual costumes or characters.

Thinking about doing dayz or rust.

Don't forget 7 Days to Die or Nether! These games are picking up a lot of steam these days. I can see the appeal, but the PvP elements just make me cringe. I prefer to build and create with others rather than seemingly compete against others in a setting that's already a losing battle. :(

A new game called Zos is out, and it's akin to the maker's previous game Wilt, which I enjoyed for the music and theming. Zos has similar play style and mechanics, with the inclusion of the necessity to collect consumables and craft potions. This can be fairly annoying due to the fact a lot of the consumables are only found in key locations that take awhile to get to, and while they do respawn, it can get frustrating when you can't continue the game because of consumable mismanagement.

MCP 3.3   

Pokemon X has devoured what little of a soul I had left. I haven't played since Red and Blue, when did these games get so good?

Also Mario 3d World, the Double Cherry power up makes me giggle incessantly