Anime Central Forums: thanks for making 2014 really great - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

thanks for making 2014 really great

#1 User is offline   deleuzean 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8943

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

Hey this is the best forum I could figure out as a place to put this, so here it is...

I just wanted to send my appreciation for the hard work everyone did in 2014 to make ACen great. I was the leader or a panelist in two presentations, and I got to attend quite a few others. The line / crowd control was generally quite good in my experience. I'm also happy to say that, unlike the previous year, I did not wait in any lines only to find the panel cancelled. I especially appreciated this year that the panel rooms were generally well spread out into different areas around the con site and seemed to often err on the side of being in rooms that were perhaps larger than necessary. The opposite is a recipe for an unpleasant experience.

I have been attending ACen for over 10 years, and presenting at several of these. I've also been to AX in Los Angeles and Youmacon in Detroit a few times each.

While AX has more "superstar" guests than any other con that I've attended, it's very unlikely I will ever go back there again unless I hear about substantial improvements to their registration, line management and crowd control, which I have heard numerous horror stories about for both of the two years since I last attended.

I'm always very happy to see ACen introduce new things before other big cons and have them be successfully executed. I'm talking about things like mailed badges that have completely eliminated registration line waiting for me, panels that lean toward "academic" interest in anime and manga, and special programming arranged specifically for young kids.

I feel so blessed to live just a few hours drive from ACen (well, almost 5 hours, but still...), which I consider to be quite possibly the best Anime convention in the country.

Again, thanks for all the hard work you do! (including thinking about how to make things work well)

I'm already counting the days until ACen 2015!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users