Anime Central Forums: In the past how early does the Hyatt book up? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

In the past how early does the Hyatt book up?

#1 User is offline   Kenny499 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60283

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

A couple friends and I are looking to go all out and stay at the Hyatt. For the past 4 years that I've gone we've stayed at the various hotels nearby (Hilton, Double tree, etc) and we usually book early December and I have no problems, but does the Hyatt book up faster? I know it's impossible to know when it will book up this year but I'm just looking for an estimate so know how soon we need to save B)

#2 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:16 AM

Well, the Hyatt block only has king beds available now. Due to miscommunication, a lot of people got screwed out of getting their reservation.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2014,2016
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ. No winner for the 2015 Hellfire challenge.

#3 User is offline   Tsukiyomi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5932

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

With 29,000 people in attendance, no one is going to get a room at the Hyatt every year. And some people do cancel their reservations, if you didn't get what you wanted, keep checking periodically, it could change.
Proud to be a Member of the Ultimate YAOI Fangirl/Fanboy Alliance
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "I can jump that!"
Member of Insomniac's Nightmare Guild
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

#4 User is offline   Kenny499 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60283

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

Oh yeah, I understand that we might not be able to get the exact room we'd like, I was just wondering around what time is it usually 100% full, we have a small group and arn't too picky about room type

#5 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostTsukiyomi, on 03 September 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

With 29,000 people in attendance, no one is going to get a room at the Hyatt every year. And some people do cancel their reservations, if you didn't get what you wanted, keep checking periodically, it could change.

We've gotten a room every year. It's not impossible..but it can be tough.

#6 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostTsukiyomi, on 03 September 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

I've gotten a room at the Hyatt every year for the past 11 years (2015 will make 12), ever since I started attending. Due diligence and persistence will get you what you want.

Anyway, it depends on what nights you need and the room. If you only need the Friday Saturday and a King then you've got time and it takes a while. If you need 4 days and a Double then you have to hit within the first couples days at most to be guaranteed (this year it was just the first day).

So it varies.
All systems... GO!

#7 User is offline   Tsukiyomi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5932

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 03 September 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

I've gotten a room at the Hyatt every year for the past 11 years (2015 will make 12), ever since I started attending. Due diligence and persistence will get you what you want.

Anyway, it depends on what nights you need and the room. If you only need the Friday Saturday and a King then you've got time and it takes a while. If you need 4 days and a Double then you have to hit within the first couples days at most to be guaranteed (this year it was just the first day).

So it varies.

I suppose it would have been more accurate to say that it is not the same exact pool of people that get rooms at the Hyatt every year. Persistence does pay off, I happened to check on Monday at about 4p and saw that the block was opened for online reservations. I have been checking in every week or so because it seemed like it should be time soon. This is 2 out of 4 for me being at the Hyatt.
Proud to be a Member of the Ultimate YAOI Fangirl/Fanboy Alliance
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "I can jump that!"
Member of Insomniac's Nightmare Guild
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

#8 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

If you really want a Hyatt room, reserve it as soon as it becomes available. Rooms can be canceled if something comes up, after all.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#9 User is offline   carguy1701 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64129

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:39 AM

View PostKenny499, on 03 September 2014 - 01:19 AM, said:

A couple friends and I are looking to go all out and stay at the Hyatt. For the past 4 years that I've gone we've stayed at the various hotels nearby (Hilton, Double tree, etc) and we usually book early December and I have no problems, but does the Hyatt book up faster? I know it's impossible to know when it will book up this year but I'm just looking for an estimate so know how soon we need to save B)/>

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, or at least that's the vibe I've gotten. I was planning on staying there next year myself, but they're out of shoulder day bookings (Thursday, in my case). I might end up at the Doubletree again for this reason, as I don't want to deal with Friday morning check-in lines, badge pickup lines, or traffic on I-55 and the Tri-State.

Also, in an interesting development, I've got the ACen website open in another tab and the Hilton ISN'T on the list of hotels this year. Anyone know anything about that?
"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." - William Riker, quoting Zefram Cochrane, to Zefram Cochrane, Star Trek: First Contact

#10 User is offline   Iris 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

The Hilton wasn't on their list of hotels last year (2014) - as in it never got a special con rate. I'm not sure if that will be the case again this year or if they just haven't updated the page with the hotel list for the current year.

#11 User is offline   carguy1701 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64129

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostIris, on 05 September 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

The Hilton wasn't on their list of hotels last year (2014) - as in it never got a special con rate. I'm not sure if that will be the case again this year or if they just haven't updated the page with the hotel list for the current year.

I didn't know. My bad.

This post has been edited by carguy1701: 05 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." - William Riker, quoting Zefram Cochrane, to Zefram Cochrane, Star Trek: First Contact

#12 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

Hyatt is always the first to fill up. It's too bad that Hyatt just up and decided to not charge the special rates anymore. I would have booked a room myself if it was cheaper.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

OFFICIAL LINE-UP:
Friday: Taiga Aisaka, Toradora (100% done)
Saturday: Sugar, OFF by Mortis Ghost (90% done)
Sunday: Pink Lolita Coord (80% complete, will buy 20% at con)

#13 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostFantasia, on 11 September 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hyatt is always the first to fill up. It's too bad that Hyatt just up and decided to not charge the special rates anymore. I would have booked a room myself if it was cheaper.

But they are charging the special con rate for people who reserved.
All systems... GO!

#14 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 11 September 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

But they are charging the special con rate for people who reserved.

really? how much is it per night? because as far as I know, rates went up after 2012 or so.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

OFFICIAL LINE-UP:
Friday: Taiga Aisaka, Toradora (100% done)
Saturday: Sugar, OFF by Mortis Ghost (90% done)
Sunday: Pink Lolita Coord (80% complete, will buy 20% at con)

#15 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

View PostFantasia, on 12 September 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

really? how much is it per night? because as far as I know, rates went up after 2012 or so.

When I looked at my reservation, I believe for the king..it was $180. Sure the queens are the same. Suites, don't know.

#16 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

Theres still the special con rate - just it's gone up. Considering I'm paying $240 a night + tax for my DragonCon rooms - at a Hyatt that's nowhere near as nice nor as big (including the rooms) - this is a steal!
AKB48 and Sumire Sato Lover. 2017 will be my 8th ACen.

#17 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostFantasia, on 12 September 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

$180, which is still well below rack.
All systems... GO!

#18 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

I think it was $178/night last year under the room block pricing. I know it was just a few dollars under $180. Parking seems to have stayed the same.
Attending since 2005 • Artist Alley 2011-2017
Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users