Anime Central Forums: Something...Wicked?...this way comes. - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Something...Wicked?...this way comes. Hyatt room block for ACen 2015

#1 User is offline   MagnusBlue 

• Venue Relations Chair
  • Pip
  • Group: Officer
  • Member No.: 58758

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

Just popping in to let everyone know that the Hyatt room block will be open for reservations very soon. As in, 12:01 AM on 01-September-2014. Just follow this link to be transported to the hotel information page. *que cheesy transporter sounds*

Sorry for the short notice, but we have all been very busy getting things ready for 2015.

Michael A Falco
Venue Relations Chair to the Finance Committee 2014-
Midwest Animation Promotion Society

Hotel & Convention Site Relations Officer (HCSR) 2011-2014
Convention Operations Department Head 2010-2011
Anime Central (ACen) 2009-2014

#2 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

It's 12:07 AM and it's not working for me.
All systems... GO!

#3 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

Not working for us either. We're on the phone with them now, and the poor guy can't find anything under Midwest Animation Promotion...

Hyatt reservations rep said he's not seeing anything on his end.

This post has been edited by JujuFox: 31 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

Attending since 2005 • Artist Alley 2011-2017
Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#4 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:38 PM

12:30am and nothing
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#5 User is offline   Morphal 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65638

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

The website finds Midwest Animation Promotion for me, but no matter what dates I pick, it always says "No lodging matches your search criteria. Please change your search options at right and try again."

#6 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

I bet it'll be like most years and you'll have to wait till about 8 or 9am
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

#7 User is offline   _Azrael_ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 2854

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

I called reservations and spoke to a gent in Central Booking (not Hyatt O'Hare itself) and he told me that the delay was due to someone not being available at Hyatt O'Hare to activate the hotel block. Not sure if this is accurate, but he told me that due to the holiday there won't be someone available to activate it until Tuesday 8am. I just tried it and got the same "No lodging matches your search criteria. Please change your search options at right and try again."

#8 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

Someone in the Facebook group also said that a female rep told him that it won't be open until the 2nd.

Don't feel like calling myself if two already confirmed this info.

#9 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:43 AM

View Post_Azrael_, on 01 September 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

I called reservations and spoke to a gent in Central Booking (not Hyatt O'Hare itself) and he told me that the delay was due to someone not being available at Hyatt O'Hare to activate the hotel block. Not sure if this is accurate, but he told me that due to the holiday there won't be someone available to activate it until Tuesday 8am. I just tried it and got the same "No lodging matches your search criteria. Please change your search options at right and try again."

i thought it was to good to be true on my birthday and a holiday.

#10 User is offline   Caffeine 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62393

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

They're not open yet, just got off the phone with the Hyatt central office, also...seriously how can you give this short of notice?

I heard from the people running the booth at Otakon that it would be September 1st, if that's the case you've known for quite some time and could have given a heads up like a week ago.

#11 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostCaffeine, on 01 September 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

They're not open yet, just got off the phone with the Hyatt central office, also...seriously how can you give this short of notice?

I heard from the people running the booth at Otakon that it would be September 1st, if that's the case you've known for quite some time and could have given a heads up like a week ago.

IIRC they don't typically make an official announcement until it actually opens. Also, they told us somewhere here that it would be around when registration opens, so there was a heads up of sorts.

#12 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

Working now! Just booked our room.

#13 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

AH!!! Must tell my roommate with getting hotel as his job!!!!
Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#14 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

Just reserved two rooms. Lady on the phone said it wasn't open yet but I told her to try it anyway and it worked. So if they tell you no give them the what for.
All systems... GO!

#15 User is offline   FOFdanny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59390

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

Oh hell yeah. Just reserved my room using the link with no problems.

#16 User is offline   Iris 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

I'm waiting for the Embassy or Doubletree, but I just wanted to say thanks for the staff with being so prompt in updating/informing the forums, facebook page, and ACen front page regarding the room block opening. :thumbup:

#17 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

The double bed rooms with balcony upgrade are gone already or at least aren't showing up for the time being.
Trying to gather ideas for next cosplay...?!?

#18 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

Looks like Thursday at the Hyatt is already sold out, but I didn't have a problem with getting a room for just Friday and Saturday. Hopefully space will open up soon.

Update: Just called them to see if that would give me better luck, no dice on that, either, though they did say they had rooms at the normal rate. Might mean they could add more rooms for Thursday in the future, just have to keep checking back. Figures I would be out and about the day they opened the room block. :(

This post has been edited by Genichiro: 01 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

#19 User is offline   meef 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

I got my room~ The lady on the phone said they were going to charge me one night's deposit right away, though. I was confused because in years past I only got charged that a month before the con. I kind of doubt her, though, because it doesn't look like I'm getting charged until next April based on the bottom of my confirmation email.

#20 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

I just tried calling and I guess I can't book the room until tomorrow because the girl who handles the in-group bookings is gone for the day...?
Also I tried looking online to book the room and its saying that Thursday is booked up? Is this true or is it an online glitch? I have a hard time believing that Thursday night is booked full in less than 12 hours.
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#21 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:15 AM

View PostFullmetal_C, on 01 September 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

Also I tried looking online to book the room and its saying that Thursday is booked up? Is this true or is it an online glitch? I have a hard time believing that Thursday night is booked full in less than 12 hours.

Pretty sure it was confirmed Thursday is booked at con rate but staff was looking to get more added to the block. Think it was on the FB group.
All systems... GO!

#22 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:18 AM

Got my room!

#23 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:56 AM

I got lucky the moment someone posted on facebook about booking through the passkey i got my balcony rooms in crummy i had to do one at a time i needed a total of four for 16 people, i was panicking slightly that they would disappear as i was booking them. Thursday is always the first night to go because most people realize its much easier to check in on this day than on friday. There will come a time when they wont be able to add anymore thursday rooms. My suggestion to everyone is even though they are booked up now. Keep trying people always cancel and they will continue to open up room blocks until the hotel is completely sold out of the rooms they have set aside for ACen. They still need rooms for regular guests and they always have rooms set aside for airline employees.

Dont count out the other hotels either!
ACen 2017 cosplays

Belldandy 0%completion -- Ah! My Goddess
Shy Violet a leaf on the wind % completion -- Rainbow Bright and the Color Kids (prom)

I can also be found on my facebook page

#24 User is offline   Tsukiyomi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5932

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

View Postmeef, on 01 September 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

I got my room~ The lady on the phone said they were going to charge me one night's deposit right away, though. I was confused because in years past I only got charged that a month before the con. I kind of doubt her, though, because it doesn't look like I'm getting charged until next April based on the bottom of my confirmation email.

I booked online and my receipt said it would charge 1 nights deposit(non-refundable) on or after April 1st, 2015. I actually called in also just to verify and the lady said the same thing.
Proud to be a Member of the Ultimate YAOI Fangirl/Fanboy Alliance
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "I can jump that!"
Member of Insomniac's Nightmare Guild
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

#25 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostRinzle, on 02 September 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

I got lucky the moment someone posted on facebook about booking through the passkey i got my balcony rooms in crummy i had to do one at a time i needed a total of four for 16 people, i was panicking slightly that they would disappear as i was booking them. Thursday is always the first night to go because most people realize its much easier to check in on this day than on friday. There will come a time when they wont be able to add anymore thursday rooms. My suggestion to everyone is even though they are booked up now. Keep trying people always cancel and they will continue to open up room blocks until the hotel is completely sold out of the rooms they have set aside for ACen. They still need rooms for regular guests and they always have rooms set aside for airline employees.

Dont count out the other hotels either!

I understand the hotel rooms fill up quickly but 12 hours quickly? I've never had that happen. Last year it took at least 2 months to fill up. ACen is a big convention but that's crazy, especially since a fair amount of people don't necessarily book at the Hyatt because of its raising prices and loud noise. Someone told me on the ACen facebook page that they will be opening up more rooms so I'm keeping an eye out for that.
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#26 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostFullmetal_C, on 02 September 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

I understand the hotel rooms fill up quickly but 12 hours quickly? I've never had that happen. Last year it took at least 2 months to fill up. ACen is a big convention but that's crazy, especially since a fair amount of people don't necessarily book at the Hyatt because of its raising prices and loud noise. Someone told me on the ACen facebook page that they will be opening up more rooms so I'm keeping an eye out for that.

well last year the block opened up in july with little to no warning so if people were just randomly checking the website they would have seen that the hyatt block was open. This year they gave us a very small warning and becuase of the initial issues with the block release the information that the block was open spread like wildfire. Thus causing a mass attack on hyatt (hehehe see what i did there.)

From my experience in hotels double rooms are always and will always be the first rooms to sell out whether people need them or not.
ACen 2017 cosplays

Belldandy 0%completion -- Ah! My Goddess
Shy Violet a leaf on the wind % completion -- Rainbow Bright and the Color Kids (prom)

I can also be found on my facebook page

#27 User is offline   SRomo006 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 51515

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

At what point of growth can MAPS (ACen) just block the whole hotel. They give the hotel enough business. or if they wont then do that with double tree or embassy and make the one that the whole hotel is reserved the operations hotel? Both ANEX and SDCC do this for multiple hotels and Im saying just one for ACen, its got the size.

#28 User is offline   carguy1701 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64129

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

Looks like I'll have to monitor the situation. I'd like to stay at the Hyatt this year if possible, but I'm not willing to fight lines and Friday morning traffic for a double room if I don't have to.
"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." - William Riker, quoting Zefram Cochrane, to Zefram Cochrane, Star Trek: First Contact

#29 User is offline   carguy1701 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64129

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostSRomo006, on 02 September 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

At what point of growth can MAPS (ACen) just block the whole hotel. They give the hotel enough business. or if they wont then do that with double tree or embassy and make the one that the whole hotel is reserved the operations hotel? Both ANEX and SDCC do this for multiple hotels and Im saying just one for ACen, its got the size.

I'm not sure they can. Don't forget, the airlines have rooms on stand-by for people inconvenienced by flight delays (as well as flight crews), not to mention there are other events going on in the area at the same time. The logistics involved might be too much work.

This post has been edited by carguy1701: 02 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." - William Riker, quoting Zefram Cochrane, to Zefram Cochrane, Star Trek: First Contact

#30 User is offline   SRomo006 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 51515

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

I booked mine for fri-sun just now and then called and got thur added at the regular rate to the same reservation. This is what they tried to do yesterday when i called they have rooms for thur, they are trying to get people to book at regular rates when you call in.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users