• You cannot reply to this topic

TEAM FOUR STAR

#1 User is offline   I_Love_Trunks 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9446

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hello!

I think it would be really awesome if you guys invited Team Four Star, the creators of DBZ Abridged. I just met them at Anime Midwest and they were a hit! All of their panels were at max capacity. Also, many people said that they went to Anime Midwest just to see Team Four Star, including myself.

#2 User is offline   carguy1701 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64129

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

Seconding this.
"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." - William Riker, quoting Zefram Cochrane, to Zefram Cochrane, Star Trek: First Contact

#3 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

Greetings!

Thank you for your suggestion; however, I would like to be up front about abridging groups like TFS. While I respect their work, and I know they have a large fan following, they do not fulfill my qualifications for Guests of Honor. Along this vein, I will also state that I will not bring out professional cosplayers as Guests of Honor, either.

Guests of Honor at Anime Central are people who directly impact or influence the Japanese animation, manga, or music industries. Additionally, educational, cultural, and pop cultural guests are often invited as experts in their respective genres.

That is not to say that we don't have room for programming and panels with such groups. While we haven't quite ventured into this classification before, there is the possibility to bring non-GoH to ACen for performances or panels. I believe that would be the perfect way to accommodate groups like TFS at ACen, but the concessions we would offer a Speaker or Performer would differ from that of a Guest of Honor. Either way, this is something that we will explore this year for future cons.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users