• You cannot reply to this topic

AMV shedule?

#1 User is offline   masterblaster 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18442

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

Since there was almost no information in the schedule last year about what was going on in the AMV room, and I'm looking at the schedule tonight and not really seeing anything, is there any schedule of what will be shown and when?

Curious to know if there will be any kind of special blocks for different AMVs, special times for the AMV contest, or any special presentations (AMV Hell, etc.) on the agenda.

I know I should not have waited until the night before the con to ask this and that there's a chance that no one will see it in time, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

#2 User is offline   masterblaster 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

Even without a "shedule" I still enjoyed the programming. The contest was extremely good this year.

#3 User is offline   JediNight 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 6971

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:19 AM

Yes, we're very sorry about that. A schedule was submitted for the programming book, but for whatever reason it didn't appear to make it into the published version.
I'm looking to get as substantial a mirror of the Org archive as possible for next year; so expect a lot more themed blocks, some request hours, and parody movies. Sailor Death also expressed interest in helping run an 18+ Late-night video block as well.

-------------
Anime Central AMV Coordinator

This post has been edited by JediNight: 19 May 2014 - 01:20 AM

#4 User is offline   masterblaster 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

Interested in this again for 2015, if there even is a schedule, that is.

Basically just wondering when the contest will be shown.

#5 User is offline   Rasclin 

• Video Programming ADH
  • Pip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 63085

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

The contest entries are to be shown Sunday morning. We will announce the time and location at the AMV room.

Andrew Cardinal
ADH in Video Programming

#6 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

Did this even happen? I kept updating guidebook hoping for something and never saw it. I ended up booked solid Sunday morning anyways, but if I couldn't find the schedule and was actually looking for it, I doubt many others found it and assume there was a terrible turnout if it even happened...
ACen 2017 Plans
Maki Nishikino (Little Devil and Sunny Day Song) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 90%
Kisumi Shigino [Free!] 100%
Rider [Fate/Stay Night] 70%
Zen (Spicy Jalapeno) [Mystic Messenger] 100%
Christophe Giacometti (Rapsodie Espagnole) [Yuri!!! on Ice] 100%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takahashi Cosplay

#7 User is offline   masterblaster 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 19 May 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

Did this even happen? I kept updating guidebook hoping for something and never saw it. I ended up booked solid Sunday morning anyways, but if I couldn't find the schedule and was actually looking for it, I doubt many others found it and assume there was a terrible turnout if it even happened...

Contest was actually shown all 3 days (7 pm on Friday and Saturday, Sunday morning I presume), glad I bothered to randomly walk by around the time that it was scheduled to start. It wasn't advertised anywhere except on the dry erase board outside of the AMV room just a few hours before it was scheduled to start.

Most of the seats were taken when I was there but considering that it was in the smallest room possible, that's still not very many people. If they brought it back to the Rosemont ballroom (and listed it on the guide) like it was 5 or 6 years ago, more people would come and it would be a more awesome experience for those who did show up: bigger screen, easier to see, etc.

It's so weird to compare the AMV contest at other conventions (where hundreds of people will show up to watch it), to the way it's being slowly but clearly strangled out of existence at ACen. I have it on good authority that there's convention politics involved in this but I don't know the details. Sucks for those of us who care.

#8 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

View Postmasterblaster, on 20 May 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

It's so weird to compare the AMV contest at other conventions (where hundreds of people will show up to watch it), to the way it's being slowly but clearly strangled out of existence at ACen. I have it on good authority that there's convention politics involved in this but I don't know the details. Sucks for those of us who care.

That really sucks, I should have gone there to check. Though I'm pretty sure I was busy all of those times...Friday was Scandal, Saturday was Noragami, and Sunday was other junk...still. If it was actually advertised I feel it would have gone over better. Last year it was in the Hyatt's smaller ballroom and it seemed there were maybe 20 people, which wasn't too bad considering it was the first year it was back. I would have tried to squeeze it in if I knew ahead of time, I would have loved to see if my AMV made the cut. It was amazing to see my work played on the big screen last year and was looking forward to do it again :( Since you were there, did you happen to see a mix of anime couples to the song "Somebody to You" by the Vamps? I'd be happy if it was just played T_T Maybe this year they'll at least post the winners online so we can actually watch them if we couldn't attend. There were some real gems in there last year.
ACen 2017 Plans
Maki Nishikino (Little Devil and Sunny Day Song) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 90%
Kisumi Shigino [Free!] 100%
Rider [Fate/Stay Night] 70%
Zen (Spicy Jalapeno) [Mystic Messenger] 100%
Christophe Giacometti (Rapsodie Espagnole) [Yuri!!! on Ice] 100%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takahashi Cosplay

#9 User is offline   masterblaster 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:15 AM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 20 May 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

Since you were there, did you happen to see a mix of anime couples to the song "Somebody to You" by the Vamps?

I only caught the tail end of the contest and I don't remember anything like that, it might have been in a different category I was too late to watch.

This post has been edited by masterblaster: 21 May 2015 - 01:15 AM

#10 User is offline   Iris 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:19 AM

This really is a bummer. I adore watching the AMV's, both the contest and just when they show random ones, and I have definately missed not really seeing them the past couple of years. I mean I assume they happened, but I was never able to find them given the lack of advertisement.

I'd love to see them have a resurgance in future years and it's actually one of the few things I'd line up for as a 'main programming' thing if they made a big deal about it again. Regardless to size I'd love to see it better advertised next year.

#11 User is offline   masterblaster 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:21 PM

I will say that the crowd seemed more into it than they were over the last two years. People actually laughed and clapped for videos. I'd begun to wonder if that would ever happen again.

#12 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

Unfortunately I didn't get to go this year, but I have missed the AMV stuff in the past couple years. My favorite event was always Iron Editor which sadly hasn't been at ACen for a few years now. It was always a guaranteed room filler. Plus the other late night AMV events were always a hit and filled the room. But 18+ events do generally fill to capacity. I remember my first ACen 12 years ago. Huge AMV room and tons of ppl in it. Each year it the room it was in was progressively made smaller and smaller till it ended where it is now. I forget the reason, but I do remember there being something several years ago with the entire AMV crew leaving for some reason or another. It was a sad day for AMV's at ACen.

#13 User is offline   Ileia 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 18673

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostMaze, on 31 May 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

I forget the reason, but I do remember there being something several years ago with the entire AMV crew leaving for some reason or another. It was a sad day for AMV's at ACen.

Essentially, less and less support from the con. It began with denying comp badges to AMV panelists, Iron Editor, etc. Moving the room, as you said, until it was smaller and smaller and smaller. No longer advertising for AMV events, etc (which apparently has not changed). The AMV Contest went from a prime time slot in the main ballroom to being in a tiny room in a hotel down the road....at 11pm at night. ACen at some point decided it was going to shut out AMVs and segregate it from the rest of the con, but no one would tell us why. In fact, when questioned, they tried to convince us that "This is better!" as if we couldn't tell the difference. The last year I went, I did the Iron Editor and the room we were in barely could fit a few dozen audience members when in previous years it was several hundred. So, yeah, we stopped attending, stopped sending any videos. It was sad for us, too. ACen was one of the biggest "AMV cons" in the country until the con decided to pull the plug on us for some reason we never ascertained.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users