Anime Central Forums: SoyCon 7 | The Largest Cosplay Gathering of The Midwest - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SoyCon 7 | The Largest Cosplay Gathering of The Midwest The School Edition

#1 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

SoyCon returns with more cosplay fun and amazing memories to come forth! This year, we are surrounding ourselves with the theme of "School". This is a great opportunity to bring out your school uniforms and represent your school colors!

Here's the general details on the event:
> About: This is a social gathering event. We are generally fans who are open to the geek culture and enjoy socializing with others who are either experienced or new to the fandom. We welcome genres such as anime, manga, video games, sci-fi, comics, fantasy, etc. It's a great opportunity to come out and socialize with fans alike. We want you to be very open talking to new people and open up doors to new friendships while having a great time during SoyCon. We are all about the fun and nothing negative around.

> Location: This event will be held on a picnic grove in Rolling Meadows, IL. Unfortunately, there is no address to this location, although the best we can do is pin point our general location. If you are familiar with Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL, we are about a mile east on Golf Rd. The intersection you need to look out for is Ring Rd. and Golf Rd. There will be a picnic grove area that you can turn into and we are the first picnic shelter on your left side. Parking is free, but space may be limited. I suggest to come on the early side to get a good spot. We will be there for both Saturday and Sunday.

> Cost: It's free. And that is all.

> Potluck: We welcome everyone to bring something in to contribute towards the picnic. Whether its food, tables, eating utencils, grills, tents, games, etc. You have an opportunity to make our event better than it is! We welcome it!

> Dates & Hours: Saturday June 28th & Sunday 29th, 2014 from 10am-7pm
We also have events that you could participate in such as cosplay foam battles, interpretive dance central, and talent show to show off all of your skills! Even if you don't participate, you can sit back and enjoy the great outdoors.

Like to take selfie photos? Enter our online selfie photo contest! Take a photo of yourself according to the different categories we have listed on the contest page! Enter in one, multiple, or all categories listed! You have until June 15th to submit your entry and winners will be announced just days after! Want to enter? Visit our contest page here!

We'll have some food here such as burgers, hot dogs, and drinks if you get hungry or thirsty. Or feel free to roam around the area, there's plenty of inexpensive places that you can all eat at!

More details to come. You may also visit the following to keep up the news!

http://www.soycon.com
Facebook
Twitter

Tumblr

If you have any questions, feel free to contact at soycon@soycon.com.
SoyCon 8 | The Island Paradise
July 18-19, 2015 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#2 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

I mentioned Soycon to the local anime club I help run and they were all really excited and wanted to hear more on it. I told them about your website and showed the video from Soycon 5 and some pictures. Hopefully mentioning it will end up bringing you a few more new attendees. I'll re-mention it at the anime club meeting before con. I love your theme for this year so much! It's so cool Soy! I hope this year me & Teebs will be able to make it, it's always really fun. Last year I'm sorry we couldn't make it, but our anime clubs convention was happening during that weekend and I half run the event. If it's not too hot this year we should make it out there even if it's a little hot we'll do our best! I just don't want to cause any trouble with my illness.

I've got a quick question though, do you still provide water for those with illness/disabilities like me? The heat makes me fainty as you probably might remember from 2 years ago. It really saved me during the weekend that you guys had water for emergency purpose. If not it's okay I'll just have to remember to bring water. Really looking forward to seeing how this year turns out!

- Ashley Elizabeth
Anime Central 2016 Cosplay:
  • Asuna - Sword Art Online II: Mothers Rosario (Undine avatar)
  • Kotori - Love Live! School Idol Project (Maid Uniform)

#3 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

I am very excited about this convention! this will be my third SoyCon~
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

OFFICIAL LINE-UP:
Friday: Taiga Aisaka, Toradora (100% done)
Saturday: Sugar, OFF by Mortis Ghost (90% done)
Sunday: Pink Lolita Coord (80% complete, will buy 20% at con)

#4 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostC2Queen, on 12 May 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

I mentioned Soycon to the local anime club I help run and they were all really excited and wanted to hear more on it. I told them about your website and showed the video from Soycon 5 and some pictures. Hopefully mentioning it will end up bringing you a few more new attendees. I'll re-mention it at the anime club meeting before con. I love your theme for this year so much! It's so cool Soy! I hope this year me & Teebs will be able to make it, it's always really fun. Last year I'm sorry we couldn't make it, but our anime clubs convention was happening during that weekend and I half run the event. If it's not too hot this year we should make it out there even if it's a little hot we'll do our best! I just don't want to cause any trouble with my illness.

I've got a quick question though, do you still provide water for those with illness/disabilities like me? The heat makes me fainty as you probably might remember from 2 years ago. It really saved me during the weekend that you guys had water for emergency purpose. If not it's okay I'll just have to remember to bring water. Really looking forward to seeing how this year turns out!

- Ashley Elizabeth

I'm glad you're still interested in coming down to SoyCon as well as sending a message to your club on coming up to our social gathering event. In terms of water, we do have a small section for medic needs in case you need first aid or water. Just in case, bring some water as well. I'm not sure how the weather is going to be like until the week of the event. Plus, the more water we have, the better! It is potluck so feel free to bring your share too!

#5 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

I shall do my best to make this one.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#6 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:13 AM

SoyCon is coming up in 5 Days!

Just wanted to bump the thread up in case anyone is missing it.

Feel free to visit our gathering event this weekend of June 28th and June 29th with a special beach day on June 27th at 12th Street Beach.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users