• You cannot reply to this topic

Lightsabers

#1 User is offline   Tyrant103 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63200

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

In terms of quality and durability, which lightsabers would be the best investment? I was looking at the Signature Series Force FX Sabers from Hasbro as one of my options. I was also considering them since I wanted to stage a lightsaber duel at my wedding reception next year.
Cosplay ideas for ACen 2017:

Mikoto Nakadai (Bakuryuu Sentai Abranger)
Frank West - Dead Rising

#2 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

ok. the force FX are awesome. don't get me wrong. but you won't wanta do a "real" duel with them. they will break and you will be pissed. If you want a nice picture taking sword. Go withthe Fx. if you want something more personal and able to take the beating? GO with the costume jobs by Ultrasaber. Ohhh it costs alot more. but if you pick the right blade tube. you can have a full on. to the death duel with no fear, then change the blade out for a picture only blade tube
ACen 2016 cosplays Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman. Minuteman General (fallout4) Sans(?) (undertale)

#3 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

If your looking for a custom saber Ultra Sabers is top quality, and they also make battle capable lightsabers, just need to select the option for a heavier grade blade.

Although they are more expensive if you get the officially licensed modified ones.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#4 User is offline   Tyrant103 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

I am looking for a good picture taking saber along with ones that can withstand a good 15 minute duel. Sound quality is also important to me as well.

Frank West - Dead Rising

#5 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

If budget is no problem go with ultrasabers, they are really bright and photograph well, also they use the master replica or force fx saber base and sound board. They can reach upwards of $300+ but they will last during a battle.

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

#6 User is offline   Tyrant103 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

I intend to invest around $1K roughly for the sabers (estimating 5 or 6 to be purchased, depending on if I go with a Darth Maul doubled bladed saber or not as one of the duel pieces)

Frank West - Dead Rising

#7 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I'd seriously contact ultrasabers, they do great work. A buddy of mine has a pair of ultrasabers without the sound boards and they are amazing. The soundboard is extra but they also do custom works and build the casings out of aluminum. Hope you find what you are looking for.

#8 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

eh the budget..would be an issue. as most of the ultrasabers run in the $300 dollar range or more. you want the soundboard. colors cost money. blades cost money. The duel blades are massively expensive
ACen 2016 cosplays Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman. Minuteman General (fallout4) Sans(?) (undertale)

#9 User is offline   Tyrant103 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Would $1500 be a better budget and does Ultraforce offer discounts on larger orders? If not, I will likely go with the Hasbro Force FX line to save money since there's no freestyling in the duel that I'm planning.

Frank West - Dead Rising

#10 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

I am not sure if there is a volume discount, Ultrasabers is definitely one of the top quality brands and their price reflects that, If you are not planning on having full contact, really long battles and more of a mock battle that is choreographed, you should be able to use the Force FX sabers. Looking at the Ultasabers in more detail the Darth maul Force FX Conversion to Ultrasabers "Battle Ready" is nearly triple the price of a standard Force FX Saber, upwards $700 before tax.

So it boils down to if you are looking for an officially licensed hilt, Force FX Sound Board, and battle ready and you have the money Ultrasabers is the way to go, or if you are looking for a licensed replica, Force FX will do for light contact and mock battles where the hits are planned and not improvised on the spot.

Hopefully this helps you make a decision.

#11 User is offline   Vadersblade 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60471

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

Any real hits to the Force FX will kill the EL sheets very quickly. The tubes also scratch and crack. The Ultrasabers also have a better un-lit color, making their color when turned on much deeper. When taking pictures during the day, it really shows.
VADERSBLADE - 501st Legion/Rebel Legion

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users