Anime Central Forums: Hello and looking for friends - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello and looking for friends

#1 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Hello. To start this will be my third time going to ACen and im looking to do more than just enjoy the convention. Im looking to introduce myself to new people and find some new friends with common interests. Ive always been really into gaming and over the years I find myself getting more and more into anime. Alot of my close friends from high school and college have been getting jobs out of state and such and its just not the same without them. So my solution is to find new friends and with my growing anime and my always present video game interest I figured ACen would be a great place to meet some people with the same interests.

A little about myself would be im 25/m. I live an hr and a half away from the convention in IL. To give an example of my anime taste I grew up on dbz and inuyasha and gundam. My more recent anime likes are code geass,SAO and such. I tend to either like action/ drama anime or comedy anime. As for video games, which would be the other half of how I like to spend my free time. I like mmo rpgs, currently playing elder scrolls online. Besides that I like rts games like c&c and age of empires games as well as the total war series and many fps and single player story lines. Finished last of us recently and playing beyond two souls right now. No spoilers pls :)/>

Well im sure this post is long enough. If youd like to know more pls message me or post in reply. I hope to meet some of you at the convention!

Arcken

This post has been edited by Arcken: 23 April 2014 - 03:41 PM


#2 User is offline   MOMO2 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 49830
  • Posts: 202
  • Joined: 12-February 10
  • Location:On road less traveled.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hello and welcome. I am also into rpgs and mmo but kind of not spend time on those. Anime I like adventure and ecchi and online ones (sao, accel world, log horizon) Also trigun and Bebop. Cosplaying?
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#3 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 22-December 13

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Well met! Fellow rpg gamer here. I'm hoping to meet you at the con, and perhaps get to know you here on the forum in the meanwhile.

#4 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostMOMO2, on 22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hello and welcome. I am also into rpgs and mmo but kind of not spend time on those. Anime I like adventure and ecchi and online ones (sao, accel world, log horizon) Also trigun and Bebop. Cosplaying?

Cool I havent heard accel world or log horizon so I'll have to look those up and try them.As for cosplay I didn't really think about it my first ACen, this time I wanted to but couldn't decide on a char or afford the stuff for an outfit :(

#5 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostTakahashiAkio, on 22 April 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Well met! Fellow rpg gamer here. I'm hoping to meet you at the con, and perhaps get to know you here on the forum in the meanwhile.

Same to you. what games do you play?

This post has been edited by Arcken: 22 April 2014 - 04:55 PM


#6 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 22-December 13

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

I've gotten away from mmos in favor of solo adventures. I play everything from KH to SMT/Persona to Zelda. It's hard to find an rpg I won't try to get along with.

#7 User is offline   Whodigiya 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372
  • Posts: 254
  • Joined: 27-March 13
  • Location:Za Warudo

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hello! Welcome to the forums! If you want to meet people try to get to the meet and greets! Otherwise, I'd love to meet new people as well! Are you going alone or as a group?

I played though Beyond: Two Souls twice: once alone and once with my girlfriend. She controlled Aiden. It was a blast (pun intended?).
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#8 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostTakahashiAkio, on 22 April 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I've gotten away from mmos in favor of solo adventures. I play everything from KH to SMT/Persona to Zelda. It's hard to find an rpg I won't try to get along with.

Cool I love zelda and KH. Never played persona but my friends say good things about it. Ive switched over to mmo's alot as I like playing with others and the unique experience people make a game to be. Used to play wow alot for like 4 years but I played pvp and didnt like where it was going. I tried final fantasy online but it didnt hold my interest. Currently trying elder scrolls online which I like how its going but have yet do dive into pvp which is usually my make or break subject in an mmo. If there are any games you play online I do look for two player games and online strategy games to play with people.

#9 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostWhodigiya, on 22 April 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

Hello! Welcome to the forums! If you want to meet people try to get to the meet and greets! Otherwise, I'd love to meet new people as well! Are you going alone or as a group?

I played though Beyond: Two Souls twice: once alone and once with my girlfriend. She controlled Aiden. It was a blast (pun intended?).

Just me and my wife. We have gone together both times. But other than that its just us.

#10 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 992
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

Welcome to the forums! As whodigiya said you should stop by the meet and greets if you get a chance! I have the links in my signature below!
AKB48 and Sumire Sato Lover. 2017 will be my 8th ACen.

#11 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 22 April 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Welcome to the forums! As whodigiya said you should stop by the meet and greets if you get a chance! I have the links in my signature below!

Unfortunately I was only able to take off three days for work so only have the 16 17 18 off work :(

#12 User is offline   Whodigiya 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372
  • Posts: 254
  • Joined: 27-March 13
  • Location:Za Warudo

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

Well, you're welcome to hang out with our group!
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#13 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 30-September 08
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

It can't be...his power level is...over 9000!?!?!?!?

All joking aside, I also grew up on DBZ, Gundam and a slew of others. I watch pretty much whatever I have the time for, recently have strayed away from watching anime and into reading mangas.

I am a huge RPG, MMORPG, Solo Adventure and RTS gamer. Personal favorites are anything SMT related, anything FF related (especially tactics), and currently playing Bravely Default. Also play SW:tOR when i have the chance.

I have a habit of planning on completing a game 100% and then getting distracted at about 80% and a year or so later coming back and trying to finish or just starting all over again. ADHD FTW.

New friends are always good to have and the only way to do that is to meet people. Hope to see you at the convention.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#14 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostWhodigiya, on 23 April 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

Well, you're welcome to hang out with our group!

Well I was thinking id try to hang out with a few groups or people maybe try to find an event someone absolutely recommends and go with them to that. That way I can try to meet alot of people. Is there an event your group always speaks highly of or something they are specifically excited about? Speaking of I want to try to plan out my three days. Is there a complete event schedule posted? Last time I went I didnt see one online and only got one when I arrived. Do they post it here in forums perhaps?

#15 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostRogueShinobi, on 23 April 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

It can't be...his power level is...over 9000!?!?!?!?

All joking aside, I also grew up on DBZ, Gundam and a slew of others. I watch pretty much whatever I have the time for, recently have strayed away from watching anime and into reading mangas.

I am a huge RPG, MMORPG, Solo Adventure and RTS gamer. Personal favorites are anything SMT related, anything FF related (especially tactics), and currently playing Bravely Default. Also play SW:tOR when i have the chance.

I have a habit of planning on completing a game 100% and then getting distracted at about 80% and a year or so later coming back and trying to finish or just starting all over again. ADHD FTW.

New friends are always good to have and the only way to do that is to meet people. Hope to see you at the convention.

Cool I played swtor for a while but was playing wow still at the time and eventually stopped cause of rbg schedule made it hard to keep up with it. I like ff online but lost interest due to not many people to play with. Im in an cross game cross faction guild but it sucks when they dont play an mmo cause it kinda confines you to the games they support. As for ff single player games I got mad at the newest ones for their forcable linear storyline but I like 7, 10, 10 2 and think the new one coming should be good.

Do you play the mmo? I canceled my subscription but it was cause I didnt really have people to play with and lost interestbut would be looking for people to play with if I started up again. I have access to a mumble chat server as well for use.

#16 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 30-September 08
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostArcken, on 23 April 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Cool I played swtor for a while but was playing wow still at the time and eventually stopped cause of rbg schedule made it hard to keep up with it. I like ff online but lost interest due to not many people to play with. Im in an cross game cross faction guild but it sucks when they dont play an mmo cause it kinda confines you to the games they support. As for ff single player games I got mad at the newest ones for their forcable linear storyline but I like 7, 10, 10 2 and think the new one coming should be good.

Do you play the mmo? I canceled my subscription but it was cause I didnt really have people to play with and lost interestbut would be looking for people to play with if I started up again. I have access to a mumble chat server as well for use.


I stopped playing the FF online due to same reasons, no one to play with, I still play occasionally on SWTOR. I plan on picking back up more come summer, no night college courses and free weekends. Work full time and also help with side jobs. The guild I am in is a small real life friend group. Not really worried too much about progression, just a group of people that have fun playing and hanging out in real life. we have a vent server. PM and if you get a chance or friend me on here or the link to my Facebook on my profile page. Can talk more about this there.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#17 User is offline   Whodigiya 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372
  • Posts: 254
  • Joined: 27-March 13
  • Location:Za Warudo

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostArcken, on 23 April 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Well I was thinking id try to hang out with a few groups or people maybe try to find an event someone absolutely recommends and go with them to that. That way I can try to meet alot of people. Is there an event your group always speaks highly of or something they are specifically excited about? Speaking of I want to try to plan out my three days. Is there a complete event schedule posted? Last time I went I didnt see one online and only got one when I arrived. Do they post it here in forums perhaps?


I've got a panel to host about fighting games Saturday morning, but our group is trying to get some people to play Cards Against Humanity at some point. I've only been to ACen once before and last time I was flying solo. Perhaps as the event scheduler drops (it's an app on smartphones) you could plan around that. I tend to spend a lot of time in the convention hall taking pictures and wandering about. The only set thing I have is FOOD. NEED FOOD!
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#18 User is offline   Fantasia 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205
  • Posts: 310
  • Joined: 25-February 13
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

hello! welcome to the forums!
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

OFFICIAL LINE-UP:
Friday: Taiga Aisaka, Toradora (100% done)
Saturday: Sugar, OFF by Mortis Ghost (90% done)
Sunday: Pink Lolita Coord (80% complete, will buy 20% at con)


#19 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostFantasia, on 23 April 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

hello! welcome to the forums!

Thanks. Everyone seems really friendly so far :) . hoping I can meet alot of people when I go.

This post has been edited by Arcken: 23 April 2014 - 06:41 PM


#20 User is offline   Whodigiya 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372
  • Posts: 254
  • Joined: 27-March 13
  • Location:Za Warudo

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostArcken, on 23 April 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Thanks. Everyone seems really friendly so far :)/> . hoping I can meet alot of people when I go.


As long as you're not too shy, you should meet a ton of people.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#21 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Yay. room for ACen is booked. usually have this taken care of way ahead, cutting it close this year. Can't wait, only two weeks left

#22 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 22-December 13

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

It's gonna be awesome!!!!! Counting down the hours. Hoping to meet you during the weekend, if only in passing.

#23 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostTakahashiAkio, on 02 May 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

It's gonna be awesome!!!!! Counting down the hours. Hoping to meet you during the weekend, if only in passing.

be glad to as well, when I get an event schedule on Friday ill be sure to post what Im going to in here. pls you and anyone else wanting to meet do the same! also feel free to send messages to my profile to start to get to know each other before hand

#24 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

I will be at the anime hell and midnight madness if anyone would like to meet up

#25 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

Zombies & faerys & monsters oh my at 630. Whose line is it anime at 1015. And then going to the soap bubble

#26 User is offline   Arcken 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65321
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 12-April 14

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

Guess this wasnt the best way to do this...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users