• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Where to Park Where To Park for ACen

#1 User is offline   KaminariOctopi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63338

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

It's my first time driving to ACen, i just wanted to know where can one park long enough to attend the midnight events/panels. so my car won't get towed.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   General_Iowa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62852

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

The cta station just up the road and its cheaper than the parking garages that are around the convention center and hotels
Come to rebuildofevangelion.org and join our new and exciting community.

Follow me on Twitter at @NewEvaOrder for all your Eva needs

Come to the Rebuild of Evangelion panels across the country!

#3 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

View PostGeneral_Iowa, on 20 April 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

The cta station just up the road and its cheaper than the parking garages that are around the convention center and hotels

we parked there for our first year too!
ACen 2017 cosplays

Belldandy 0%completion -- Ah! My Goddess
Shy Violet a leaf on the wind % completion -- Rainbow Bright and the Color Kids (prom)

I can also be found on my facebook page

#4 User is offline   slicedbread 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 21946

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostGeneral_Iowa, on 20 April 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Don't be an idiot like me last year getting towed out of the CTA stop and having to retrieve my car from a lot at 4am... Don't be lazy, go to the machines to get a parking pass. They're to the left of the entrance ot the L station, though admittedly a bit of a pain to find and out of the way in some instances.

TL;DR
Don't be lazy, get a CTA parking pass. Getting towed is expensive and sucks to do after the Soap Bubble.
"The pain you feel is your very essence. The essence of the crude animal known as homo sapien."
"Admiration is the state furthest away from understanding."
"It is in changing that we find purpose."
Gallery links below!
2009: Pre-release Espada Stark (Bleach) | 2010: Ryoji Kaji (Evangelion) | 2011: Axel (Kingdom Hearts) + Staff Suite | 2012: n/a | 2013: Future Trunks (DBZ) | 2014: 343 Guilty Spark (Halo)

...LinkedIn......Twitter...
<Only Slightly Used>

#5 User is offline   KaminariOctopi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63338

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

So we park first and then find the machines? do you need a credit card?

#6 User is offline   slicedbread 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 21946

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostKaminariOctopi, on 21 April 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

Park first then get your ticket. There might be room to park temporarily in front of the machines on your way to find a spot, but otherwise you're fine. Credit/debit card works fine.
"The pain you feel is your very essence. The essence of the crude animal known as homo sapien."
"Admiration is the state furthest away from understanding."
"It is in changing that we find purpose."
Gallery links below!
2009: Pre-release Espada Stark (Bleach) | 2010: Ryoji Kaji (Evangelion) | 2011: Axel (Kingdom Hearts) + Staff Suite | 2012: n/a | 2013: Future Trunks (DBZ) | 2014: 343 Guilty Spark (Halo)

...LinkedIn......Twitter...
<Only Slightly Used>

#7 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

View PostKaminariOctopi, on 21 April 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

Park First! Above each parking spot is a number that you need to input into the ticket machine so they know which spot has time left. You do not need to go back to your car after getting your ticket. This is unlike the street parking meters in Chicago where you put your ticket in the window.

As for your second question. I believe the machines take cash.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#8 User is offline   xFatHalpert 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63540

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

How much is the CTA lot roughly?

#9 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

$5.00 for 0-14 hours
$8.00 for 14-18 hours
$12.00 for 18-24 hours

Source: http://www.transitch...rking/#blueline

Also this...

"No cash for parking? No problem. Chicago Transit Authority customers now have the convenience of paying for parking at 14 CTA Park & Ride lots using their mobile phones.

Parkmobile now allows customers to pay on the go at Park & Ride locations near stations along the Blue, Brown, Green, Orange and Pink Lines. Payments will be made through the Parkmobile mobile application or calling the company directly."

http://us.parkmobile.com/

Attending since 2005 • Artist Alley 2011-2017
Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#10 User is offline   kakigori 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65416

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Question: If my party and I have purchased a ticket/pass for the parking garage good for 24 hours, will we be able to take our car out during the day to drive to some places to eat that are a little too far for walking? For example we want to eat at the Misoya Ramen place that is having a special offer and we don't want to be using public transportation

Never done this sort of thing before @_@

#11 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

Need to check your ticket for in/out privileges.

#12 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

View Postkakigori, on 27 April 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

Question: If my party and I have purchased a ticket/pass for the parking garage good for 24 hours, will we be able to take our car out during the day to drive to some places to eat that are a little too far for walking? For example we want to eat at the Misoya Ramen place that is having a special offer and we don't want to be using public transportation

I believe in and out privileges are for hotel guests only. If staying at a hotel, have the ticket validated by the front desk if parked on the DoubleTree/Hilton/Embassy parking garage. If not part of a hotel, it's pay every time you exit.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#13 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

View Postkakigori, on 27 April 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

It depends on the garage. For the Hyatt, yes there are in/out privileges but during Acen it's about 99% positive you will not have a spot to come back to. For the garage behind the Embassy/Doubletree it's pay per park - if you leave you'll be paying another $13 to return. For the CTA lot, again if you pay for 5 hours and leave after 3, it's likely someone will park in that spot (because you pay for the spot) and enjoy your other two hours.
Event Accessibility Services staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Anime Milwaukee 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Karma (Assassination Classroom)
C2E2 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), possibly Ghostbuster (if I have my panel), maybe Neptune (RWBY)
ACen 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), Gou Shijima (Kamen Rider Mach), Karma (Assassination Classroom), Neptune (RWBY)
Definite 2017 cons (no cosplay plans set as of yet): Uchi-con, NWI Comic Con

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#14 User is offline   kakigori 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65416

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostKnitChick, on 02 May 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

It depends on the garage. For the Hyatt, yes there are in/out privileges but during ACen it's about 99% positive you will not have a spot to come back to. For the garage behind the Embassy/Doubletree it's pay per park - if you leave you'll be paying another $13 to return. For the CTA lot, again if you pay for 5 hours and leave after 3, it's likely someone will park in that spot (because you pay for the spot) and enjoy your other two hours.

Thanks for the reply as well as everyone else. I forgot to mention that we drive to the convention every day because we live only 40 minutes away. I guess it looks like we'll be eating out for lunch only once then as another $13 split between four isn't that much. I'd still like for us to have a car there so we can put our belongings in there.

#15 User is offline   Knowltey 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65446

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Quick question, is the parking garage to the west of the Embassy and DoubleTree public parking or is that only for guests of those hotels and/or for the businesses attached to it?

#16 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostKnowltey, on 05 May 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Quick question, is the parking garage to the west of the Embassy and DoubleTree public parking or is that only for guests of those hotels and/or for the businesses attached to it?

I was wondering this as well since I won't be at the doubletree this year, I'll be at crowne plaza. I wanted to just park in the Doubletree lot since it was only 13 a day. I think crowne's was more.
Kitsune Kon Head of Guest relations
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#17 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

Isn't that garage for all the surrounding things? I know that's where you park for the convention center, and for MB Park.

#18 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

View PostJujuFox, on 06 May 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Isn't that garage for all the surrounding things? I know that's where you park for the convention center, and for MB Park.

I think it is but I wasn't sure since parking is marked for each hotel area. I didn't want to get towed or ticketed.
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#19 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostWingypoo, on 07 May 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

I think it is but I wasn't sure since parking is marked for each hotel area. I didn't want to get towed or ticketed.

they make it sound like it's public parking http://www.resexpo.c...eft_parking.asp

#20 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 07 May 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

they make it sound like it's public parking http://www.resexpo.c...eft_parking.asp

Thanks. Its what I figured.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users