Anime Central Forums: Meet and greet - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet and greet

#1 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Hello everyone! This is Pika I have been going to ACen for about 6 years now. I am doing a class that I am using ACen for and I have to do a meet and greet. So I will be having a spot that anyone is invited to come and hangout, see old friends or even for the newbies to meet some new people. Also if you want to take pictures with someone or want a place to do it Im your girl! :D so im going to leave this open for debate where and when we have it. I will be there all 3 days and have a hotel at the hyatt so I wont be too far from the convention hall.

Friday: time ??? place ???
Saturday: time ??? place ???
Sunday: time ??? place ???

My cosplay list is on the bottom in my signiture I will have a comera with me so if you want someone to take pictures of you I will take some for you free of charge :D If you have any questions you can leave a comment or message me :) I do have to run the Final Fantasy photoshoots bith firday and saturday, i am also going to the final fantasy concert on friday. (I will post times when I am out of class) I am also helping my friend with her photoshoot for evangelion. thats saturday i believe. (again I will post an update when i have time)

So yah tell me what you guys think. I think this is a great way for people to meet new people and for newbies to get some help if they need it.
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#2 User is offline   Jos 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 64919
  • Posts: 173
  • Joined: 13-January 14
  • Location:Iowa

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Sounds like fun ^_^

#3 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostJos, on 14 April 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

Sounds like fun ^_^/>


Im glad you think so! :D
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#4 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 22-December 13

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

I'd be in! I'm there Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon. I'll clear whatever time is decided on to meet people.

#5 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostTakahashiAkio, on 14 April 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

I'd be in! I'm there Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon. I'll clear whatever time is decided on to meet people.


Awesome. are you staying at one of the hotels?
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#6 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 22-December 13

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Yep! I have a room at the Westin.

#7 User is offline   Jos 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 64919
  • Posts: 173
  • Joined: 13-January 14
  • Location:Iowa

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

I have a room at the Hyatt I would love to come to the meet and greet =)

#8 User is offline   Prayer Police 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087
  • Posts: 687
  • Joined: 09-May 07
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Here's the official "ACen Frorums Meet & Greet"
http://www.ACen.org/...and-greet-2014/
It'll be the Thursday of ACen at 7:30pm in the Hyatt lobby.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#9 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 22-December 13

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 14 April 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Here's the official "ACen Frorums Meet & Greet"
http://www.ACen.org/...and-greet-2014/
It'll be the Thursday of ACen at 7:30pm in the Hyatt lobby.


Thank you!

#10 User is offline   ninja13 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62994
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 11-January 13
  • Location:dixon, IL

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

Sounds like a great idea

#11 User is offline   Cherry 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61587
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 26-February 12
  • Location:Lyons, Illinois

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

I checked out your signature-- you're being Otoya from UtaPri?~
Would you be able to come to the UtaPri gathering on Saturday, at 11am, East Outdoor wall? It'd be great to have another Otoyan!~
(if there's a change in the schedule, I'll let you know!)

ACen '17
Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane (Voltron),
[ Possibly ] Sousuke Yamazaki (Free!),
Kotori Minami (Wonderful Rush; Love Live!).
Tumblr (pics will be posted here!)

#12 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 14 April 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Here's the official "ACen Frorums Meet & Greet"
http://www.ACen.org/...and-greet-2014/
It'll be the Thursday of ACen at 7:30pm in the Hyatt lobby.


I didnt know about this! :D well that makes my class assignment a lot easier though I wont be able to go there on thursday. I have to work. and my thing isnt this formal. :) But thank you
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#13 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostCherry, on 15 April 2014 - 03:30 AM, said:

I checked out your signature-- you're being Otoya from UtaPri?~
Would you be able to come to the UtaPri gathering on Saturday, at 11am, East Outdoor wall? It'd be great to have another Otoyan!~
(if there's a change in the schedule, I'll let you know!)



OH i didnt know there was one! I would love to go! especially since it is that early, enough time for me to change into my serah and get ready for the final fantasy shoot. :D Ill be otoya from the debut game.
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#14 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 30-September 08
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

I'll be there, just let me know where and when Pika.

Formal or not, just to meet new people should be fun and interesting.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#15 User is offline   Cherry 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61587
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 26-February 12
  • Location:Lyons, Illinois

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostPikaAxel20, on 15 April 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

OH i didnt know there was one! I would love to go! especially since it is that early, enough time for me to change into my serah and get ready for the final fantasy shoot. :D/> Ill be otoya from the debut game.

God I love the outfits from the Debut game. I'll be Kotobuki Reiji, as my signature says, and I'll even have a whole QN group with me! AiAi might just have a different costume then the rest.
ACen '17
Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane (Voltron),
[ Possibly ] Sousuke Yamazaki (Free!),
Kotori Minami (Wonderful Rush; Love Live!).
Tumblr (pics will be posted here!)

#16 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 22-December 13

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

View PostRogueShinobi, on 15 April 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

I'll be there, just let me know where and when Pika.

Formal or not, just to meet new people should be fun and interesting.


I'm with Rogue! I'll be there ^_^

#17 User is offline   Whodigiya 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372
  • Posts: 254
  • Joined: 27-March 13
  • Location:Za Warudo

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Meet and greet? More like Meet and GREAT! I'll be at the Thursday Meet and Greets and wherever else.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#18 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostCherry, on 15 April 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

God I love the outfits from the Debut game. I'll be Kotobuki Reiji, as my signature says, and I'll even have a whole QN group with me! AiAi might just have a different costume then the rest.


I agree, I love the debut outfits

This post has been edited by PikaAxel20: 15 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#19 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostTakahashiAkio, on 15 April 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

I'm with Rogue! I'll be there ^_^/>


Yah when ever you guys want to on Friday or saturday :) or even sunday, im there and avalible all day :D I love meeting new people at cons

View PostWhodigiya, on 15 April 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Meet and greet? More like Meet and GREAT! I'll be at the Thursday Meet and Greets and wherever else.


Awesome! Ill have to think of some good times...a good question to start off with is anyone go any photoshoots or panels they want to go to? on ether friday, saturday or sunday? I know sunday is a pretty chill day but its fun to get together the beginning of the con.
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#20 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 22-December 13

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

I'm hoping to get pictures taken with as many people as I can for my Insta-posts from the con!

#21 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 30-September 08
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Well, I will be taking a ton of photos at the convention. I dabble in photography and if anyone wants I'd be more than happy to do a couple shoots. I'm not a professional in any manner but I take decent quality photos (link to a gallery of mine in signature). I can nearly insta-upload with my one memory card, gotta love eye-fi wireless technology. But anyways. Me and Takahashi have a room at the Westin, we will be there from Thursday through Sunday. So any day will work, there are somethings that I want to see but haven't set anything in stone as of yet.

Takahashi- You know me I'll take pictures left and right just to satisfy my need to take pictures. I tend to obsess about taking photos when it comes to something like this.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#22 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 22-December 13

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

For sure! I'm hoping to meet and get to know as many people as I can. I just can't wait!

#23 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostRogueShinobi, on 15 April 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Well, I will be taking a ton of photos at the convention. I dabble in photography and if anyone wants I'd be more than happy to do a couple shoots. I'm not a professional in any manner but I take decent quality photos (link to a gallery of mine in signature). I can nearly insta-upload with my one memory card, gotta love eye-fi wireless technology. But anyways. Me and Takahashi have a room at the Westin, we will be there from Thursday through Sunday. So any day will work, there are somethings that I want to see but haven't set anything in stone as of yet.

Takahashi- You know me I'll take pictures left and right just to satisfy my need to take pictures. I tend to obsess about taking photos when it comes to something like this.


I would love to have some pictures taken of me in my serah cosplay or even my lightning cosplay! My boyfriend will be there but not dressed up...maybe I can convince him to get in one pic or two. Do you think you will be interested in taking some? :3
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#24 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 30-September 08
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

View PostPikaAxel20, on 15 April 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

I would love to have some pictures taken of me in my serah cosplay or even my lightning cosplay! My boyfriend will be there but not dressed up...maybe I can convince him to get in one pic or two. Do you think you will be interested in taking some? :3


I'd be happy to, just shoot me a PM and we can talk there. Feel free to friend me on here.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#25 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Friday: Docks A and B, 6:30-7 ? And Saturday: Docks C and D, 5-6 this is my timeframe on friday and saturday for my final fantasy photoshoot. Saturday I am also doing the uta no prince sama shoot at 11am. Oh also I will be helping a friend with her evangelion photoshoot on saturday (i believe) around 1:30, you are all welcomed to come to any of these events too. So how about this...

Meet and Greet (formal)
Friday: 9am by the gardens. (if you have never been there before its the grassy patch outside the hyatt) (or there is a map inside your book) of course there will be a line wating to get inside for badges and other stuff so if 9am doesnt work then we can make it around 12 or 1. I just have to change into a cosplay for the concert.

Saturday: Ill be up before 11am but if anyone wants to meet up at the gardens or in the hyatt by the elevators that works for me :)

Sunday: if peole arent too partied out and hungover, we can have a last session where we say goodbye or just chill out :D


**though this is subject to change when they have the panels and autograph signings in play. Cause I really wanna see Travis and Laura :D
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#26 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 30-September 08
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostPikaAxel20, on 16 April 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Friday: Docks A and B, 6:30-7 ? And Saturday: Docks C and D, 5-6 this is my timeframe on friday and saturday for my final fantasy photoshoot. Saturday I am also doing the uta no prince sama shoot at 11am. Oh also I will be helping a friend with her evangelion photoshoot on saturday (i believe) around 1:30, you are all welcomed to come to any of these events too. So how about this...

Meet and Greet (formal)
Friday: 9am by the gardens. (if you have never been there before its the grassy patch outside the hyatt) (or there is a map inside your book) of course there will be a line wating to get inside for badges and other stuff so if 9am doesnt work then we can make it around 12 or 1. I just have to change into a cosplay for the concert.

Saturday: Ill be up before 11am but if anyone wants to meet up at the gardens or in the hyatt by the elevators that works for me :)/>

Sunday: if peole arent too partied out and hungover, we can have a last session where we say goodbye or just chill out :D/>


**though this is subject to change when they have the panels and autograph signings in play. Cause I really wanna see Travis and Laura :D/>


I like the idea of Friday Morning at the Gardens, if I remember correctly this is just outside the cafeteria? Looking forward to meeting a ton of new people.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#27 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

View PostRogueShinobi, on 29 April 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

I like the idea of Friday Morning at the Gardens, if I remember correctly this is just outside the cafeteria? Looking forward to meeting a ton of new people.


Yes, its that little patch of green by the hyatt
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

#28 User is offline   BreBre716 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491
  • Posts: 465
  • Joined: 12-February 11
  • Location:Chicago,Ilinois

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

imma follow you wherever brooke ;)
ACen 2016 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3

Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tidus : Final Fantasy X
Chara : Undertale
Little sister : Boruto Sasuke : Naruto and Frisk : Undertale
Little Cousin : Unconfirmed Pony : My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

#29 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

View PostBreBre716, on 04 May 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

imma follow you wherever brooke ;)/>


Aww thanks bre!
2016 line up

Saturday only: Seven from Final Fantasy Type-0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users