Anime Central Forums: I can help you with your makeup - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I can help you with your makeup Need tips on your makeup? Need a design?

#1 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 65191

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

If you need the entire makeup design:
Your character:
Your gender
Your ethnicity or skin tone (skin tone would be more helpful):
If you know your undertone:
Any weird/special things on your character (If you're a Homestuck cosplayer, gray skin. Possible gijiinka, other non-human characters, any features that are known to stand out, like bright eyes or a strong jaw, something like that):
Anything you might want to cover up (freckles, blemishes, scars, a second nose... Okay I can't fix that...)

If you need tips:
Whatever you need :heart:/>
ACen 2015 Cosplay-
Saturday: Cinder Fall: 40% done

Anime Midwest 2015 Cosplay-
Friday:Neo (RWBY): 30% done
Sunday:Mikasa Ackerman: 60% done
Progress can be viewed here

#2 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

I am looking for a good body makeup. Something for legs, arms etc.

I am a little strapped for cash so I don't want to spend a lot.

I've recently been looking at Jergen's BB Body cream (since I love BB cream for my face) but it is fairly new and I have not yet been able to find any reviews on it.

Any advice would be very helpful.
A-Cen 2016: Friday Early: Hikaru Friday Late: Nightmare Moon Saturday: Wonder Woman Sunday: Hell Girl

A-cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) //// Fish Mooney //// Anthy //// Fluttershy (MLP:FIM)
A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 09 April 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

I've recently been looking at Jergen's BB Body cream (since I love BB cream for my face) but it is fairly new and I have not yet been able to find any reviews on it.

Heres a review for you. https://www.youtube....h?v=KteZTgc3lmg
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Thanks! I did a google search and apparently the only place lacking reviews is the jergens website. lol

EDIT:

Also - has anyone tried Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs? This seems to be very close to what I am looking for based on video reviews but I'd love to get more feedback.

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 09 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

A-Cen 2016: Friday Early: Hikaru Friday Late: Nightmare Moon Saturday: Wonder Woman Sunday: Hell Girl

A-cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) //// Fish Mooney //// Anthy //// Fluttershy (MLP:FIM)
A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)

#5 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 09 April 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

I personally have never had experience with cosplay body makeup, but body paint and a sponge is usually what a lot of Homestuck cosplayers tend to use. I love BB Cream as well, and it's not as heavy as body paint is. BB cream would come off easier as well. I recommend looking into reviews everywhere, and trying to find something you can possibly use again, so you can save money.
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

#6 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostTwifairy, on 19 April 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

I personally have never had experience with cosplay body makeup, but body paint and a sponge is usually what a lot of Homestuck cosplayers tend to use. I love BB Cream as well, and it's not as heavy as body paint is. BB cream would come off easier as well. I recommend looking into reviews everywhere, and trying to find something you can possibly use again, so you can save money.

I don't really need anything thick like body paint. Just want something to cover small imperfections in my legs since I probably won't be able to wear pantyhose this year for most of my cosplays.

The Sally Hansen Airbrush legs looks like it does just that and a lot of reviews have been favorable on it.

#7 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 65164

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

Do you have any recommendations on foundation I could use to cover up face blemishes? The kind I used before wiped off with the slightest touch and took a while to blend in.
Born to Make History!

#8 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

View Postshizuka-kun, on 21 April 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Do you have any recommendations on foundation I could use to cover up face blemishes? The kind I used before wiped off with the slightest touch and took a while to blend in.

I'm going to say Hard Candy Glamoflauge. It's about $6 at Walmart. Probably my favorite for covering up blemishes and scaring. It's heavy coverage - but it really has staying power. I always recommend setting your makeup with a powder. It really helps the staying power.
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#9 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

I'm going to throw in the fact that Nutragina makes makeup too, and it's amazing 'cuz it has some of the same stuff that they use in their facial soaps and stuff so it actually treats any acne you might have while you're wearing it.

Takes some experimentation to find a foundation from them that works for you, though, and unfortunately their colors are pretty limited as far as eye liner and eye shadow goes, but for anyone who's going for "natural" look, I highly recommend checking them out.
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#10 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 21 April 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

I don't really need anything thick like body paint. Just want something to cover small imperfections in my legs since I probably won't be able to wear pantyhose this year for most of my cosplays.

The Sally Hansen Airbrush legs looks like it does just that and a lot of reviews have been favorable on it.

In that case any sort of foundation, concealer, or BB cream would most likely work
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

#11 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

View Postshizuka-kun, on 21 April 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

The reason it wiped off probably isn't the foundation itself, it's probably the kind you were using. Try doing research on your skin type to see what kind of foundation would be good. Also, consider using a good powder and a setting spray, those can keep your makeup more slip-proof. I also recommend the Michelle Phan tutorial on waterproofing your makeup, since it can apply to long con days.
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users