• This topic is locked

Art show also full?

#1 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

I just realized I can go to ACen (personal circumstances) and was hoping to put something into the art show if I did. However, the website says Artist Alley/Art Show registration AND waitlist are full. I have never seen the art show fill up during preregistration, so I was hoping for some clarification.

The art SHOW is currently full and will not have any spots available for at-con registration when the convention starts?

How likely is it that there will be no-shows, so that I can take unclaimed space on Friday afternoon? Can I even do that, or do people on the waiting list get first dibs on no-show spots?

I've only entered the art show once years ago, when somebody else was the DH. I've been in the artist alley many years but don't want to make any assumptions (this tends to bite me in the butt).

#2 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

You might want to email artshow@ACen.org to get a faster response.
Attending since 2005 • Artist Alley 2011-2016
Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

The Art Show isn't full, but the two are interconnected in the same registration system. So... short answer, it isn't full, long answer... it is for the sake of online registration.
We should have space at the event, if you bring your work.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

#4 User is offline   Sapphy 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11260

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on 02 April 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

The Art Show isn't full, but the two are interconnected in the same registration system. So... short answer, it isn't full, long answer... it is for the sake of online registration.
We should have space at the event, if you bring your work.

Ooh!

If we bring work to the convention in hopes of getting a spot in the art show, would we be required to bring enough to fill a whole panel on the show wall, or can we just bring one or two pieces?
Visit Happy Hatpire Designs on Etsy: http://hatpire.etsy.com
Tumblr: http://hatpire.tumblr.com
Happy Hatpire Designs will be at Anime Central and Anime Midwest in 2015!

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

View PostSapphy, on 07 April 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Ooh!

If we bring work to the convention in hopes of getting a spot in the art show, would we be required to bring enough to fill a whole panel on the show wall, or can we just bring one or two pieces?

If you don't want to use the entire space, you don't have too, but the cost for the flat is still the same as if you used the entire space.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users