• You cannot reply to this topic

Study of Anime? Charles Dunbar

#1 User is offline   Kitchan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 24242

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

I've written Guest Relations via the form about this but might as well put it here too.

Crispin Freeman and Helen McCarthy talk about analysis and anime, in addition to their other work (for example, Freeman is known for his VA work, but have you heard of Mythology and Meaning also?) - but what about a fan who studies fan studies? Charles Dunbar is known up and down the East Coast con circuit for providing a lot of academicky/analysis content, ranging from talking about convention culture to doing comparative presentations on Hunger Games/Battle Royale. His website is here: studyofanime
A wild Kit has appeared! What will you do?

#2 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Heard about this one thanks to the Otaku in Review podcast. I don't know if it's too late for Study of Anime to get a discussion panel at ACen 2014...

#3 User is offline   Kitchan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 24242

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 25 March 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Heard about this one thanks to the Otaku in Review podcast. I don't know if it's too late for Study of Anime to get a discussion panel at ACen 2014...

I can always hold out hope, myself. But if you've heard of his work, please let others know that you want him to do discussion panels or lectures - I know he's done a lot of work on Ghibli, but from the site the topics vary.
A wild Kit has appeared! What will you do?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users