Anime Central Forums: Guest Announcement: A New World: initimate music from FINAL FANTASY - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guest Announcement: A New World: initimate music from FINAL FANTASY Composer Nobuo Uematsu and Director Arnie Roth to perform

#31 User is offline   evaunit01berserk 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 32255

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostRein, on 24 March 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I am also very curious to know if there will be an autograph session.

I am so stoked for this concert and am PRAYING I can be lucky enough to get a ticket. I have been a huge fan of Final Fantasy and Uematsu for years. This announcement made my MONTH XD

Aient no luck involved, just how early you are willing to wake up ; p
Need a room? We find rooms.
Throw in a request and we will scour the web

#32 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

Will the line up policy for Tickets be the same as the usual ACen event line policy? I have never had to wait in line for registration so I'm not sure if we are allowed to line up some time before. Is there a time we are allowed to just start lining up for tickets in the morning, or can we show Up at any time at like 4am if we wanted to? (extreme yes, but it's an example).
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG or ARISE variant]
General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!)
RIP Origa <3

#33 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

The problem is ACen's line policy is rarely enforced when it relates to when a line can start. You can never count on lining up at some specific time that is defined. They try..but countless times when the line is supposed to start at a given time, the line is already there.

This post has been edited by rondo: 25 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

#34 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

View Postrondo, on 25 March 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

The problem is ACen's line policy is rarely enforced when it relates to when a line can start. You can never count on lining up at some specific time that is defined. They try..but countless times when the line is supposed to start at a given time, the line is already there.

That's a true statement for sure! My only concern was that if I got there too early, I don't want to have to be turned away by security (not IRT but guards that patrol at night) or something for "loitering and being on property" or "trying to get in" because it's "too early" to wait then. But I'm assuming since Anime Centeal has the whole place for the weekend, it shouldnt be too big of a deal, right? :3

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 25 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

ACen 2017 Cosplay
Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG or ARISE variant]
General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!)
RIP Origa <3

#35 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 25 March 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

That's a true statement for sure! My only concern was that if I got there too early, I don't want to have to be turned away by security (not IRT but guards that patrol at night) or something for "loitering and being on property" or "trying to get in" because it's "too early" to wait then. But I'm assuming since Anime Centeal has the whole place for the weekend, it shouldnt be too big of a deal, right? :3

It shouldn't be. People are typically wandering around at all hours. Just stay on the sidewalk and cross the street at designated areas. B)

#36 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Thank you SO MUCH! I saw Distant Worlds in Milwaukee back in 2013 on Valentine's Day with my fiancee and LOVED IT. It's since been one of my favorite memories with him. We were literally just wondering when the next time we'd be able to see the Final Fantasy Orchestra was going to be and actually checked again on the Distant Worlds site the day before the announcement. I'm really happy they are willing to play at ACEN even though they'll be in Nebraska for a performance on Sunday. This is just so cool! Also keep us updated on ADA stuff if you learn anything else =]
Anime Central 2016 Cosplay:
  • Asuna - Sword Art Online II: Mothers Rosario (Undine avatar)
  • Kotori - Love Live! School Idol Project (Maid Uniform)

#37 User is offline   Rein 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64335

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

View Postevaunit01berserk, on 24 March 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Aient no luck involved, just how early you are willing to wake up ; p

Truer words never spoken.

So, when ya'll getting in line? XP

#38 User is offline   ArtxIsxAxBlast 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16443

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

Now that panels and photo gatherings are finalized, are we gonna get concert times soon?
Tumblr where all my cosplay, photography, and art is.

ACen 2016 Cosplays
Nathan Prescott(LiS), Sayaka(Madoka), Maid Hanayo(Love Live), Max(LiS), Nana O, Leon Kuwata(Dangan)

#39 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostArtxIsxAxBlast, on 03 April 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Now that panels and photo gatherings are finalized, are we gonna get concert times soon?

Yup. Finalizing that right now.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#40 User is offline   ShirorinYuki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61722

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Would we be able to get multiple tickets if let's say we had our friend's badges as well? My friend won't be at the con till late afternoon so she wouldn't be able to get a ticket.

#41 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostShirorinYuki, on 05 April 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Would we be able to get multiple tickets if let's say we had our friend's badges as well? My friend won't be at the con till late afternoon so she wouldn't be able to get a ticket.

Unfortunately, tickets will not be given out unless both badge and badge-holder are present. I understand that it's not the most ideal situation for ticket distribution, but that's how the rules were set forth for these concerts.

The Friday concert time is 4pm; the Saturday concert time is 1pm. If your friend is not arriving until late afternoon, then she will likely miss whichever concert is being held that day. If she is coming in on Friday, then the Saturday tickets are the way to go as they are distributed Saturday morning.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#42 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

As I just mentioned in the previous comment, the concert times are set.

The Friday concert will take place at 4:00pm in the convention center, Panel Room 8 (upstairs). Doors open at 3:30pm.

The Saturday concert will take place at 1:00pm in the convention center, Panel Room 8 (upstairs). Doors open at 12:30pm.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#43 User is offline   ArtxIsxAxBlast 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16443

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

awesome! how long are the concerts expected to last?
Tumblr where all my cosplay, photography, and art is.

ACen 2016 Cosplays
Nathan Prescott(LiS), Sayaka(Madoka), Maid Hanayo(Love Live), Max(LiS), Nana O, Leon Kuwata(Dangan)

#44 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

Ken- did you figure out the disability services yet? If not it's ok, just curious. :P
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#45 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostArtxIsxAxBlast, on 07 April 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

awesome! how long are the concerts expected to last?

75-90 minutes each.

I've also been informed that renowned pianist Benyamin Nuss will be playing with the chamber group at both performances. I was going to link to his website, but apparently it's only in German.

View PostKungPowKirby, on 08 April 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

Ken- did you figure out the disability services yet? If not it's ok, just curious. :P/>

I'm going to talk with the relevant staffers this weekend at our management meeting to completely hash it out. I'll let you know outcome afterward.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#46 User is offline   randy r 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

Another question. If you get a ticket for the Friday show, will it be honored for anytime during the show. What I mean is, the concert starts at 4:00. If you get there at 4:15 or 4:30, will you still be allowed to get into the concert?
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#47 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

View Postrandy r, on 06 May 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

Another question. If you get a ticket for the Friday show, will it be honored for anytime during the show. What I mean is, the concert starts at 4:00. If you get there at 4:15 or 4:30, will you still be allowed to get into the concert?

Yes, if you arrive late, but you have a ticket, you will be allowed entry. The people at the door may not let you in until applause, though, to reduce interruptions.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#48 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Have you figured out the disability access?
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#49 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 07 May 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Have you figured out the disability access?

Unfortunately, those with disabilities will still need to be present at 8am at the concert ticket distribution booth. Someone will have to stand in line for them while the person who cannot stand in line waits near the front of the line (probably near the customer service booth, which is adjacent to the concert ticket booth). When the person in line comes to the front to get tickets, he/she will inform the booth worker that a ticket is also being picked up for an attendee with a disability. Both badges will then be shown and tickets given out.

For concert time, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how this will be handled. It will not be a mad dash by the attendees to get seats. Everyone will be ushered in and directed to the row in which they will sit. No empty chairs between attendees will be allowed. I may set aside a block of seating where those with mobility impairments will have easier access, as well as a wheelchair area. If this is the case, these seats will be neither front row nor in a back corner. I will very likely have it near where Guests of Honor and/or Industry partners will be sat.

This setup would not require a pre-seating time. Just whenever you show up, you'll be brought to the designated area. I hope this will be acceptable.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#50 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 07 May 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Unfortunately, those with disabilities will still need to be present at 8am at the concert ticket distribution booth. Someone will have to stand in line for them while the person who cannot stand in line waits near the front of the line (probably near the customer service booth, which is adjacent to the concert ticket booth). When the person in line comes to the front to get tickets, he/she will inform the booth worker that a ticket is also being picked up for an attendee with a disability. Both badges will then be shown and tickets given out.

For concert time, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how this will be handled. It will not be a mad dash by the attendees to get seats. Everyone will be ushered in and directed to the row in which they will sit. No empty chairs between attendees will be allowed. I may set aside a block of seating where those with mobility impairments will have easier access, as well as a wheelchair area. If this is the case, these seats will be neither front row nor in a back corner. I will very likely have it near where Guests of Honor and/or Industry partners will be sat.

This setup would not require a pre-seating time. Just whenever you show up, you'll be brought to the designated area. I hope this will be acceptable.

Will this be someone on staff then? I don't have anyone to wait in line for me as I attend by myself. Also will they wait in line before the 8am time? People are already talking about camping out all night. Also will they be enforcing the line policy? That people can not start lining up until 1 hour before?

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 07 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

#51 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 07 May 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Will this be someone on staff then? I don't have anyone to wait in line for me as I attend by myself. Also will they wait in line before the 8am time? People are already talking about camping out all night. Also will they be enforcing the line policy? That people can not start lining up until 1 hour before?

Yeah, I really don't see that happening. I don't believe any department has extra staff who can wait in line (I certainly don't).

As for line policy, to be completely honest, I don't see IRT using their manpower to kick people out of the circle entrance of the convention center all night long, either.

You know which way I wanted to go with this originally, but I got overruled on it. I will definitely need to fix this for future events with limited seating.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#52 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 07 May 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

Yeah, I really don't see that happening. I don't believe any department has extra staff who can wait in line (I certainly don't).

As for line policy, to be completely honest, I don't see IRT using their manpower to kick people out of the circle entrance of the convention center all night long, either.

You know which way I wanted to go with this originally, but I got overruled on it. I will definitely need to fix this for future events with limited seating.

Good to know in advance not to bother trying to attend. Thanks for your work to try to help el ken. I know this isn't your fault.

#53 User is offline   Menchi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11059

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

I would much rather pay for a ticket to be completely honest compared to this.

This post has been edited by Menchi: 15 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

#54 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

View PostMenchi, on 15 May 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

I would much rather pay for a ticket to be completely honest compared to this.

I tend to agree with that sentiment. In hindsight, I'm thinking that I should have sold tickets for the Friday concert (for those who would like to pay for convenience), and then have the Saturday concert the first come first served ticket pickup one. I definitely need to come up with a better way to manage concert seating for next year. I'm terribly sorry to those who find this too inconvenient to even bother trying for a ticket.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#55 User is offline   Kegs 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63949

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

I'm just wondering what line policy is for events like this. So far I've seen multiple people just step in line with friends and wondering why irt isn't here. With such limited tickets this should have been monitored better.

#56 User is offline   Menchi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11059

Post icon  Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

The right hand doesn't talk to the left. I was screwed over last night because the Panel's staff had left and gone to bed for the night by 9 pm, when will call is supposed to be open until 10. Also heard that most of the panelist badges weren't even ready. of course I have to pick up panelist badges at con. And as a result I've risked losing a ticket. That isn't your department obviously but now if I try to join my girlfriend in the FF line everyone in line will have a fit. Is this the way someone who is contributing to the content of the con should be treated? Hasn't even started and I'm having complaints :(/>/>/>

Obviously I really do agree with you Ken and wish your innovative ideas would actually come to fruition.

Removed raging because there were some nice staffers that helped me out.

This post has been edited by Menchi: 16 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users