• This topic is locked

NDK 2014 Fun has always been legal

#1 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

Any of you flat landers interested in attending NDK this year? It will be September 12-14 at the Marriott DTC hotel just outside of Denver, CO. All the information you need is available at their website http://ndkdenver.org/

Pre-reg right now is 40 dollars until August, and room blocks will be open soon. If you're interested, let me know and maybe we can room together and get high (off of nerd stink and altitude sickness!)
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#2 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

NDK 2013 happened despite quite a bit of rain, followed by flooding just a small ways from the con. It seemed rather crowded, but from what I read on their forums afterwards, it was their best-organized con in years. There was decent food on-site, and reasonably priced restaurants just a block away.

The con hotel was south of downtown Denver. In other words, it was not too difficult to get from the airport to downtown, and then catch a train to the most convenient stop, just a couple blocks away from the hotel. Better yet, it was all happening in a neighborhood where I felt reasonably safe walking around after dark.

After leaving downtown, I learned that additional train tickets were only available from a specific grocery store. I had to stamp them outside the station first for some reason... and I was never sure if anyone was actually checking whether or not I had a ticket.

#3 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 23 February 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

NDK 2013 happened despite quite a bit of rain, followed by flooding just a small ways from the con.

I remember this. Then I went to Whatsitcalledcon in November and that was when those tornadoes hit the Midwest. There seems to be a developing pattern here.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users