• This topic is locked

DJ/Entertainment

#1 User is offline   Shellz 

• Panel Programming DH
  • Pip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 61424

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Hello Everyone! I would like to announce that our DJ for the Crystal Ball this year is DJ Ronnie B with Midwest VIP DJs (midwestvipdjs.com. I look forward to working with Ronnie to bring you great music this year! Feel free to request songs or make suggestions. I can not guarantee everything will be played but we will do our best to accommodate everyone! I do ask that you keep the music appropriate for all ages as we welcome all ages!

Shellz
Panel Programming Department Head
Crystal Ball Manager

#2 User is offline   OutworldSorc 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65017

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

I've been to the past two Crystal Balls. The first featured more 'prom-ish' music whereas the second had music that I thought was more suited for a formal ball (waltzes, swings, etc.) Do you know which way the ball is leaning this year? Personally I'd prefer the latter since I don't usually get a chance to dance a waltz otherwise. My thought is if people want to dance to techno/j-pop etc they could just go to Hardcore Synergy instead, but that's just me of course. :)/>

#3 User is offline   Shellz 

• Panel Programming DH
  • Pip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 61424

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

The plan is to have a wide variety of music so everyone can enjoy. There will be ballroom music as well as popular music :)

Shellz
Panel Programming Department Head
Crystal Ball Manager

#4 User is offline   Otakuninja777 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61721

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Will there be music from Anime? I would cry tears of joy if Fly Me To The Moon was played :D

#5 User is offline   OutworldSorc 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65017

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Awesome. Sounds like it's going to at least musically be a fun evening! I'll also second Fly Me to the Moon and add an Eyes on Me request perhaps? :D

#6 User is offline   DJRonnieB 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65484

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

Hi everyone! This is your DJ for the Crystal Ball, DJ RonnieB...

I've read through this thread with the music suggestions. I will play a mix of music. I DJ weddings and parties all the time and will give you a nice mix of music from slow to fast, to waltz to dance...

Please also list any songs in this thread that you want me to play at the ball.

View PostOtakuninja777, on 07 April 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

Will there be music from Anime? I would cry tears of joy if Fly Me To The Moon was played :D/>

I will play some Anime music, please list any music you want me to play in this thread.

#7 User is offline   digiexpert 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61101

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

My biggest disappointment at Con Balls is when it stops being a formal ball, and turns into club music and top 40. The way I see it, if I wanted that, I would go to the rave. I'm all for modern music (In fact, I was going to suggest There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered, Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet by Panic! At The Disco) but it's a formal ball for a reason. That said, on my list of suggestions:

That song I just mentioned
Fly Me To The Moon (Eva Ending cover, no disrespect to the Frank Sinatra cover)
Lutece (from Bioshock: Infinite)
General Waltz, Swing and Latin Dance (Tango, Cha Cha, etc.)
Norwegian Wood (by The Beatles)

I have a personal hatred for the Cha Cha Slide, but do understand I'm probably outvoted here.

#8 User is offline   DJRonnieB 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65484

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

View Postdigiexpert, on 12 May 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

My biggest disappointment at Con Balls is when it stops being a formal ball, and turns into club music and top 40. The way I see it, if I wanted that, I would go to the rave. I'm all for modern music (In fact, I was going to suggest There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered, Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet by Panic! At The Disco) but it's a formal ball for a reason. That said, on my list of suggestions:

That song I just mentioned
Fly Me To The Moon (Eva Ending cover, no disrespect to the Frank Sinatra cover)
Lutece (from Bioshock: Infinite)
General Waltz, Swing and Latin Dance (Tango, Cha Cha, etc.)
Norwegian Wood (by The Beatles)

I have a personal hatred for the Cha Cha Slide, but do understand I'm probably outvoted here.

Thanks for the requests... Keep them coming.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users