Anime Central Forums: K Project Gathering? - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

K Project Gathering? oh, the feels we could have!

#31 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 65162

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

I just saw the schedule as well and it works for me.
ANIME CENTRAL 2018 ~ Tentative

#32 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64936

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Hello again everyone! Since all the other gatherings are starting to post shoot/pairing lineups, I figured I'd ask. Honestly, I fear we won't have enough attendees/cosplayers to do much, but just in case... any suggestions? Preferences? Anything you'd like to see? :3
2017 Anime Central Cosplay Roster -- tentative
Sorey -- Tales of Zestiria
Terra -- Kingdom Hearts: BBS
Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#33 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Well, the standard photoshoot's run like:

1. Group shot
2. Individual characters
3. Factions (HOMRA, Scepter 4, the trio)
4. Pairings/rivalries
5. Battles

Just because I'm a little crazy... if there's a Fushimi cosplayer and a Yata cosplayer coming, would like to see that... twisted relationship acted out XD That and Munakata vs. Mikoto. Unfortunately I don't know how to Photoshop effects in (which is even more embarrassing since I'm into photography). But nonetheless, we shall make it work.

Time's perfect for me- esp since I found out something regarding checkout with my hotel which should give my friends and I more time on Sunday ^^
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K16 Cosplays:
Life Cool- Yuri Kuma Arashi, Slaine Troyard (count outfit)- Aldnoah Zero Season 2, Houka Inumuta (Black and Gold outfit)- Kill la Kill, Munakata Reisi- K Project

My Flickr- click for my photos

#34 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

I don't know anything about standard photoshoot runs but hey if there is a structure for it, I'll follow it. But like what Goldeneyeuro said, I really want a Fushimi and Yata scene. If we do get a Fushimi that is...As well as a Munakata and Mikoto stand off scene, too! Since I'll also be there to take pictures as well (will definitely edit it for the red and blue powers)! <3

As from what I can gather, after re-reading the posts, this is what we might have:

HOMRA:
Mikoto Suoh
Totsuka Tatara
Misaki Yata
Kamamoto Rikio
Anna Kushina

Scepter 4:
Munakata Reisi
Saruhiko Fushimi

Unless, more people cosplaying/crossplaying appear and just aren't in the forums, it's cools!

I have read the translated K SIDE: Red novel and there's a scene I really want a picture of! Kamamoto handing a piece of red candy to Anna (I'll be bringing the candy!!).

#35 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 21 April 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Just because I'm a little crazy... if there's a Fushimi cosplayer and a Yata cosplayer coming, would like to see that... twisted relationship acted out XD That and Munakata vs. Mikoto.

Ahaha! I've confirmed that there will be a Yata, in fact! But I'm not sure about the Fushimi, unless I missed or misread something. And the Munakata will also be costume-changing at some point to Tatara Totsuka, (I think?), so there's that. I know we're more than happy to act out/play out whatever scenes you would like, including some of the more... interesting variety. /coughcough/ I am also a hardcore and non-recovering Mikoto/Tatara shipper, so... /coughcoughcough/

Anyway! It should be fun, if nothing else! Euro, will you be taking pictures, then?

Actually, Kiab -- our Kamamoto will be bringing fish cakes to the con, as well! We bought the pan to make them and everything! So we will definitely do that scene, as well! Any other scene/pose requests anyone can think of? I know there are a lot from SIDE:RED that I would love to see too, but I'm not sure if we can pull them off.

Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#36 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

View Posttandemthoughts, on 23 April 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Actually, Kiab -- our Kamamoto will be bringing fish cakes to the con, as well! We bought the pan to make them and everything! So we will definitely do that scene, as well! Any other scene/pose requests anyone can think of? I know there are a lot from SIDE:RED that I would love to see too, but I'm not sure if we can pull them off.

OMG, do you know how happy you just made me? From 100% to 1000% full and I need to and will definitely get a picture of that - psst, just make sure all them fish cakes aren't eaten yet before the pictures can be taken, lols! xD

Edit: There is another scene that I want of Kamamoto and Yata. How to word it...uhm, Yata abusing teasing Kamamoto. Well, I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm talking about, lols!

This post has been edited by xkiabx: 23 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

#37 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

@xkiabx- Well, the structure is what I've seen done at photoshoots big and small at multiple cons and it works pretty well from my own experience, I've just kinda adapted the structure for K Project.

@tandemthoughts- Someone on the 1st page said that their boyfriend might cosplay Fushimi. And absolutely I'll be taking shots *waves dSLR around*, even the more... interesting ones XD If you guys need someone to take pictures for the HOMRA-only photoshoot, I can see what I can do for that as well since it'll be noon by the time the main shoot's over.

Now I need to read the SIDE books... *sigh* and I still haven't finished the manga I'm currently reading and there's another series I want to start... And I'm sure there are other K Project cosplayers at the con who aren't on the forums...

Life Cool- Yuri Kuma Arashi, Slaine Troyard (count outfit)- Aldnoah Zero Season 2, Houka Inumuta (Black and Gold outfit)- Kill la Kill, Munakata Reisi- K Project

#38 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

@Goldeneyeuro

The books aren't long (thank goodness for that really) and it really gives answers and emphasis on the other parts that the manga doesn't/gives. Seemingly it's only like a volume or so for the novels. xD However, thanks to the translations, it's not long to read. I really suggest that when you have the time to read it. =) Especially, in K SIDE: Red...gawd, there's never really any happiness for this group at all. Well yes, there are good times that HOMRA has but overall just bitter happiness. :( Even...ok well one thing that I will say about the K SIDE: Red novel is that it focuses more on Anna. :) Gawd, I love that girl.

Anyway, I am hyped and looking forward to the shoot!

#39 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

:happydance: Thanks, Euro, for being around to take pictures! My K group said that if one of the group shots turns out nice enough, we might like to frame it. If this isn't okay with you, Kiab, let me know!

Yes, hopefully there are other K cosplayers that just aren't on the forums... I'm really, really hoping for that, believe me. I just don't know how much hope I have, after putting a post up on the ACen Facebook page and receiving no reply. =/ But hey, even without anyone else, we will all be awesome together and much fun will be had!

I will second Kiab on this -- if you haven't, you need to read the SIDE books. They're my favorite parts of K, more than the anime or the manga. SIDE:Red is fantastic, (though badly translated), and gives such incredible insight to the HOMRA members and their histories. Not to mention, you get to see HOMRA acting like a band of superheroes. XD (The final chapters, where HOMRA goes to the Center and takes on the Gold Clan? Best. Love it.)

And come to think of all this... I still have so much work to do on Mikoto! ;w; Because I'm a crazy person and wanted to make every part of his cosplay that I possibly could. *sigh* Me and my bright ideas...
Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#40 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

@tandemthoughts - It's alright with me. Since I"ll be in cosplay anyway, lols.

The novels are also my favorite parts of the K series, too. The manga is good and the anime is great but the novels alone really stand out.

Overall, we might get to see more people. Cuz I learn that not always do people look in the forums. Or they just don't know (coughsiamoneofthemcoughs) but with usually very popular series you will get people coming to photoshoots to either take pictures or is dressed up as the characters from the series.

Once again, this'll be my first time at ACen. So, please take care of me. ^_^/>

Edit: I just realized, if only we had Basashi/Shiroan Nikomi Tōfu/Arion, we could do that part from the manga where Kamamoto gives a fish cake to Anna, who's on the horse and to the other two (forgot their names x_x) that scene, too. xD

This post has been edited by xkiabx: 25 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

#41 User is offline   Arsenic_poptarts 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65400

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

So I just got my forum account thingy verified but I've been sitting on this topic for the better part of three days x.x anyway I'll be cosplaying Yata all weekend due to the short notice of me going (I literally found out I was able to go last monday and nothing else is finished x.x)

#42 User is offline   KitsuneClaws 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65407

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

I finally got validated, too! I will be there as Fushimi, and my friend will be Yata, but he might not be able to stay for very long. He has to catch a flight to go home that afternoon, and you know how early you have to be there for that security stuff.

Can't wait to meet you guys! <3
Planned Cosplays
Shino - Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East - 80% done
Fushimi - K Project - 30% done

#43 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

OMG, I cannot tell you how happy I was to see these two responses! It literally made my day. :happydance:

So now we have three Yatas, I think? (Arsenic, Kitsune's friend, and one from my group - is that right?) And a Fushimi! So excited!! My group is still working on getting Munakata ready. He may or may not make the cut, honestly. But we will have a Totsuka, regardless. :3

Now that we have a few more people, I can see a photoshoot set/pose list being somewhat necessary. So, above and beyond what has already been discussed in the thread, is there anything anyone would like to do/see/act out? Any requests? I'm open to all things! All ships, too!
Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#44 User is offline   KitsuneClaws 

• Pip

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Haha, I'm open to all ships, too, but I really hope there will be a Munakata. ReiSaru has been growing on me more and more! But yes, all ships/OTP/3TPs are fine with me!

Don't let me be the only S4 there!!! T_T

What's funny, is that my friend is taller than me, so it'll look like Fushimi and Yata exchanged clothes when we're next to each other. LOL!

((Also, Tandem? Permission to glomp you as Nezumi? :D ))
Planned Cosplays

#45 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostKitsuneClaws, on 28 April 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

Don't let me be the only S4 there!!! T_T

Working on it, believe me! How funny is it that our one S4 cosplayer is the least organized? All of our HOMRA crew is complete, save for some minor details. X3 But I bugged our Munakata about it last night as a reminder. Hopefully she'll pull it together in time, even if us HOMRA cosplayers have to jump in and help her sew and make her saber. Either way, FIGHTING! XD

((Also, Tandem? Permission to glomp you as Nezumi?)

Also, permission totally granted. ^w^ The only times I really dislike being randomly glomped are when something stands to get broken in the process, be it my cosplay, my props, or myself when I'm knocked off-balance by running tackle-glomps. (I could tell you stories about why this has become my policy, but I don't want to tl;dr here. XD) None of the characters I'm bringing this time around should have any fragile pieces to worry about, so go for it!
Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#46 User is offline   Arsenic_poptarts 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65400

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:50 PM

I'll probably be open to most poses/ ships. it'll be fun when there's more people, I did yata with a homura group at my home con and it was literally just us from K. this'll be more fun.

#47 User is offline   KitsuneClaws 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

View Posttandemthoughts, on 29 April 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

Working on it, believe me! How funny is it that our one S4 cosplayer is the least organized? All of our HOMRA crew is complete, save for some minor details. X3 But I bugged our Munakata about it last night as a reminder. Hopefully she'll pull it together in time, even if us HOMRA cosplayers have to jump in and help her sew and make her saber. Either way, FIGHTING! XD

Ugh, right, it's the saber and knives I'm not sure I'll get to finish, too. Wish me luck!! LOL!

View Posttandemthoughts, on 29 April 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

Also, permission totally granted. ^w^ The only times I really dislike being randomly glomped are when something stands to get broken in the process, be it my cosplay, my props, or myself when I'm knocked off-balance by running tackle-glomps. (I could tell you stories about why this has become my policy, but I don't want to tl;dr here. XD) None of the characters I'm bringing this time around should have any fragile pieces to worry about, so go for it!

This is why I asked permission, actually, because I don't like that stuff, either! I promise you I don't just run around and glomp random people! Ha, especially not a running jump glomp! I will ask if you're Tandem before I snuggle on you, promise.
Planned Cosplays

#48 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostKitsuneClaws, on 30 April 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

Ugh, right, it's the saber and knives I'm not sure I'll get to finish, too. Wish me luck!! LOL!

Good luck!! 8D

Sounds like a plan. ^^ I'm completely okay with planned glomps, so long as I can brace myself. XD It'll be pathetically easy to bowl me over, since I'll be wearing really big shoes to make my height match with my Shion and my Totsuka, (both played by someone who is significantly taller than me).
Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#49 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

Hello again everyone!

Some updates for the group:

-Mikoto, Kamamoto, Yata, and Totsuka were finished at some insane hour of the morning today. Unfortunately, Munakata wasn’t. D: So, I apologize to anyone who was looking forward to sexual tension shots with him. ;-;

-I’ve taken the liberty of scheduling a photographer for the shoot on Sunday. As a reminder, we’re scheduled Sunday @ 11:30 am at the Garden outside of Expoteria, (verbiage from the Guidebook app). That said, I’m still not sure about an exact ‘set list’, but I’m fine with going with what Kiab and Euro suggested:

1. Group shot
2. Individual characters
3. Factions (HOMRA, Scepter 4, Silver Clan)
4. Pairings/ships/rivalries
5. Battles
6. Requested scenes
i. Kamamoto and Anna (we DO have the fish cakes, too!! 8D)
ii. SaruMi things
iii. Yata and Kamamoto
Any others??

We have a small enough group where I don’t think there’ll be any crazy time constraints, and I think most of us? have agreed that shippy things are okay, so we at least have that much to go on. I don’t have any real ‘rules’ for the gathering to speak of beyond the standard “cosplay is not consent” and “don’t be a douchebag” things that you hear everywhere. Beyond all that, if anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, just say the word! ^w^

That’s about it! We are departing for ACen this evening and will be there probably Thursday morning, (we’re hoping to make the Mitsuwa flash mob on Thursday afternoon, too!). We’re staying at the Embassy through Monday. If anyone wants contact info so we can meet up or hang out outside of the shoot, just send me a PM! :3
Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#50 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

I know this is gonna sound BS from me since its a last minute but I want to say that I won't be able to finish my Anna cosplay. I'm sad. I was hoping to be able to but with college exams, I realized that time slipped by. However, I will definitely be there to take pictures of you all. :) Again, I'm terribly sorry that Anna won't be present. Thank you.

#51 User is offline   KitsuneClaws 

• Pip

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

Aww, I'm sad we'll have no Anna... :( But real life always comes first, xkiabx.

I'm assuming the Expoteria is that little cafe thing on the side road? I'll have to remember how to get there. I haven't been to ACen in a few years. XD And I hope no one minds this Fushimi is totally not a tall beanpole of a guy........ lawl.
Planned Cosplays

#52 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

@KitsuneClaws - Yea, that real life is such a pain, lols. I'll be thinking of cosplaying Anna next year if I'm able to go.

And don't worry about your height, lols. Things will work out for sure. xD

#53 User is offline   yuuki 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60911

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

I recently got into K project and I plan on coming to the gathering and would love to get pictures with everyone :D
ACen 2014 lineup

Friday- Maria Kurenai (Vampire Knight)
Saturday- Syo Kurusu (Uta no prince-sama)

#54 User is offline   Vixenfur 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62252

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

I was there taking lots of pics, put I don't wanna spam the thread so if you want them, let me know which character you were and I'll try and find as many pics of you that I have an PM them to you ^^
Anime Central '12 - Trollzaya (Durarara!!), Akira (Togainu No Chi), Sebastian (Black Butler)
Anime Central '13- Damien Thorn (South Park), Once-ler: Greed-ler Version (The Lorax), Shiki (Togainu no Chi), Yuki Sanada (Tsuritama)
Anime Central '14 - Kise Ryouta (Kuroko no Basuke), Rin Matsuoka (Free!), Shiki (Togainu no Chi), Dantalion (Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist)
Anime Central '15- Abe Takaya (Ookiku Furikabutte), Kise Ryouta (Kuroko no Basuke), Makoto Tachibana (Free!), Imaizumi Shunsuke (Yowamushi Pedal), Daichi Sawamura (Haikyuu!!), Gunji (Togainu no Chi), Yuki Eiri (Gravitation)
Anime Central '16- Kise Ryouta (Kuroko no Basuke), Abe Takaya (Ookiku Furikabutte), Naitou (Nitro+Chiral Mascot), Mikaela Hyakuya (Owari no Seraph), Shinya Hiiragi (Owari no Seraph), Makoto Tachibana (Free!)

Upcoming Cosplay
KatsuCon '17- Mikaela Hyakuya (Owari no Seraph), Shusaku Iwasaki (Owari no Seraph), Male!Shinoa Hiiragi (Owari no Seraph), Victor Nikiforov (Yuri on ice), Mikleo (Tales of Zestiria)

#55 User is offline   MelissaTrancy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65572

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostVixenfur, on 18 May 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

I was there taking lots of pics, put I don't wanna spam the thread so if you want them, let me know which character you were and I'll try and find as many pics of you that I have an PM them to you ^^

If you have a facebook account, make an album for it. Or a photobucket too! I couldn't make it there so I'd really like to see the pictures!!
Thanks

#56 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

HOMRA Chant

You all made my day on that Sunday and my first time at ACen a blast. If possible, I hope there's another K Project gathering next year! Thank you all!

#57 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

View Postxkiabx, on 20 May 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

HOMRA Chant

You all made my day on that Sunday and my first time at ACen a blast. If possible, I hope there's another K Project gathering next year! Thank you all!

I'm so glad! And thank you for both taking that video and posting it! I definitely plan on coming back to ACen next year, (it's a tradition for my group), and bringing Mikoto again, so I'll definitely organize another gathering. :3 The hugs and glomps I got, (along with the occasional condolences for mine and/or Tatara's death T-T), made wearing that cosplay the highlight of my con.

I'd like to give a big thank you to everyone for your support and interest! If anyone from the shoot wants to add me on Facebook, tumblr, or elsewhere to send pics, just pm me for contact info. X3
Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#58 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

View Posttandemthoughts, on 20 May 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

I'm so glad! And thank you for both taking that video and posting it! I definitely plan on coming back to ACen next year, (it's a tradition for my group), and bringing Mikoto again, so I'll definitely organize another gathering. :3 The hugs and glomps I got, (along with the occasional condolences for mine and/or Tatara's death T-T), made wearing that cosplay the highlight of my con.

I'd like to give a big thank you to everyone for your support and interest! If anyone from the shoot wants to add me on Facebook, tumblr, or elsewhere to send pics, just pm me for contact info. X3

OMG, -hugs u- if you do another K Project gathering next year, I will for sure have my cosplay of Anna ready for sure! xD Despite college and life, I'm gonna make sure, I come next year. Your welcome and thank you!

#59 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Glad to meet everyone and was very glad to be able to attend the photoshoot. I just got my pictures edited and uploaded on my Flickr:

Here

Let me know if you want originals via PM.

Would love to attend a K Project photoshoot next year- I plan on cosplaying Munakata for 2015 cons.

This post has been edited by Goldeneyeuro: 21 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

#60 User is offline   Vixenfur 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62252

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostMelissaTrancy, on 18 May 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

If you have a facebook account, make an album for it. Or a photobucket too! I couldn't make it there so I'd really like to see the pictures!!
Thanks

I have an album for ACen in general and all the pics are in there! though I'm not sure if everyone can see. ;w;
Either way they're all on my tumblr, here they are.
http://vixenfur.tumb...d/anime+central
Anime Central '12 - Trollzaya (Durarara!!), Akira (Togainu No Chi), Sebastian (Black Butler)
Anime Central '13- Damien Thorn (South Park), Once-ler: Greed-ler Version (The Lorax), Shiki (Togainu no Chi), Yuki Sanada (Tsuritama)
Anime Central '14 - Kise Ryouta (Kuroko no Basuke), Rin Matsuoka (Free!), Shiki (Togainu no Chi), Dantalion (Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist)
Anime Central '15- Abe Takaya (Ookiku Furikabutte), Kise Ryouta (Kuroko no Basuke), Makoto Tachibana (Free!), Imaizumi Shunsuke (Yowamushi Pedal), Daichi Sawamura (Haikyuu!!), Gunji (Togainu no Chi), Yuki Eiri (Gravitation)
Anime Central '16- Kise Ryouta (Kuroko no Basuke), Abe Takaya (Ookiku Furikabutte), Naitou (Nitro+Chiral Mascot), Mikaela Hyakuya (Owari no Seraph), Shinya Hiiragi (Owari no Seraph), Makoto Tachibana (Free!)

Upcoming Cosplay
KatsuCon '17- Mikaela Hyakuya (Owari no Seraph), Shusaku Iwasaki (Owari no Seraph), Male!Shinoa Hiiragi (Owari no Seraph), Victor Nikiforov (Yuri on ice), Mikleo (Tales of Zestiria)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users