Anime Central Forums: Is RamenCon artist alley worth doing? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Is RamenCon artist alley worth doing?

#1 User is offline   DoBatsEatCats 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62078

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

Just wondering; am considering doing it with a friend. Tables/badges seem pretty inexpensive and I have free transportation if I want it, so normally I'd just take a chance and try it. But it's also right before two of my biggest out-of-town shows so I am going to be super crazy busy at that time of year. I want to make sure it's worth doing before I commit.

I'd love to hear any thoughts! I make goth and fandom-inspired chainmaille jewelry so I'd also love to hear how many chainmaillers are usually in the alley, if anyone knows. (this is getting to be a problem at some cons; there are just SO many maillers now.)

#2 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

I've done Ramencon since their first year (minus 2012 since I couldn't get out of work) and they are great. I'm friends with the people who run it and they're willing to go above and beyond for their artists. The Alley itself is fairly small (the venue is small to begin with, though) with probably around 15 artists (give or take). I only know of one other mailer that has attended, but there is usually a fair variety of artists.

I've done very well there myself, even in their very first year, and they're growing very fast.
My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

Friday: Rin Tohsaka - Fate/Stay Night
Saturday: Rinoa - Final Fantasy VIII
Sunday: White Mage (Custom design) - Final Fantasy series

#3 User is offline   Sen 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8926

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

I think that if as an artist, you want to sell your items sometimes you have to take the chance of going to as many cons that you can, but you also don't want to spread yourself too thin. If you have everything ready to go and the money isn't a big issue I say go for it. if nothing else than to showcase your work and pass out business cards so that ppl can know that your out there.

good luck whatever you decide.

Chibi responds with Yummy Yummy Burger

#4 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62967

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

As an attendee of the con and someone who helps her friends run their table, I personally say yes. I would also like to mention that they are expanded the size to the rest of the conventions rooms of the Radisson this year. And there is only one other chain mail artist there that comes to mind and I thinnnk it's the same people who frequent ACen with their items.
Planned 2016 Cosplays!
Love Live! - Cyber SR Nozomi Toujou, School Uniform Hanayo Koizumi
Love Live!! Sunshine - School Uniform Hananmaru Kunikida
Maybe a 2hu?? Idek anymore man

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users