• This topic is locked

Gourmet Club Hetalia Panel A twist on ask a nation

#1 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Oh my, it's been a while since I posted here. I've been trying to pull a panel together though so I thought I'd post and see if anyone would be willing to join in. I know panel submissions have been opened for about a month now, but I'm hoping there's still time to get enough people in and submit before things fill up! Here's the description copied from the Facebook event page:

"The Gourmet Club’s known for their awesome cooking and love of food. Unfortunately, not everyone has a Gourmet Club member to pack their lunches for them. No problem! The trio is ready and willing to show their fellow nations and citizens how to cook like them in the comfort of their own homes!

Alright, so just by the last sentence, this isn’t your usual Hetalia panel. I’d like to think it’s a little bit of Ask a Nation meets a little bit cultural enrichment meets a little bit live studio audience cooking show (but not actually cooking, of course -w- ). The idea is, this will be an interactive panel featuring Gakuen Hetalia’s own Gourmet Club (China, France, and Turkey). The trio will be educating you on how to fix up simple recipes for daily lunches or even convention trips! While learning neat sweets to make, the nations will also share a little bit of cultural food knowledge with you. Of course, even if this is a Gourmet Club shindig, don’t think the other nations will be left out. They too will be around learning and jumping into things (except England for he has a lifetime ban to Gourmet Club :P). In the end, there will be a chance to win something lovely for the audience by demonstrating your culinary prowess!

Now, depending on what nations co-run the panel, this can go two ways,
Way 1: If a Japan joins in, with this being an anime convention and all, the panel will mainly be about Japanese snacks and baked goods (think of it as a SPECIAL EDITION GOURMET CLUB). In between Japanese culture learning, there will still be bits from the other nations.

Way 2: If there’s no Japan, the presentations will center mainly around things from the trio’s countries, this time with little bits from the other nation co-hosts.

Once panelists have been found, we can always go over specifics and this event page will be updated to reflect that."

So as you can see, I wanted to switch things up a little. I'm aiming for something both fans and those who have never seen the show can enjoy. The fans get the usual hijinks of an ask a nation while newcomers or those uninterested in the show can still take away something valuable. This is a new thing for me, but I'm hoping you all would enjoy it nonetheless. Like I said, I'm already starting to pull people together. I'll be Turkey so I'm looking for a France and China specifically. I do have a maybe on China already, but if anyone wants to try for it, please do. Also, I will be accepting other nations besides the trio (I already have an England, but in the chance something ever happens, I'm looking for understudies too). If anyone is interested, please message me on here and I'll give you the rest of the details. Of course, if there are any comments, questions, and/or concerns, please comment and I'll do my best to answer! :3

This post has been edited by Trini: 21 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users