Anime Central Forums: Pokemon Cosplay Help? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pokemon Cosplay Help? First time costume maker!

#1 User is offline   Tsunderita 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62730

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

So it's my second time making a cosplay from basically scratch. But this time it's for five different people (including me) of all different body shapes and sizes. We have decided on doing "Eeveelutions" from Gen I and II of pokemon.

I've got a good idea of what I should do. Yet I'm not sure if it's good enough to 1) last all day or 2) even work at all. I was going to fasten foam ears covered in fleece to headbands. Then sew beenie hats (I'm not sure what they're called) around the ears. To give the illusion that the ears are growing out of the hat. And the tails attached to belts. The rest of the outfits are composed of clothes gathered from thrift shops and modified.

To anyone who has cosplayed pokemon before, does that sound okay? Like it could use some work? I'm open to any tips or anything to make this look good.

#2 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

thats about what my friends and i did for our eevee cosplays last year...i did leafeon and just pinned a acrylic leaf to my dress...one of my friends had the tail sewn into their pants and my other friend had a messenger bag she covered in faux fur and wore over her back...

i think all of us did headbands for the ears...i covered mine in camo duct tape to make it fit a bit better...and keep the ears on better, the band itself was brown so it blended in well with my hair color
If anyone has pics of the "crochet" leafeon please let me know! I can't seem to find any of the shots online T_T

#3 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29897

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

it's sounds good. just create a mock test for the ears to see if it works.
ACen 08-Toboe/Wolf's Rain
ACen 11- Yoruichi/Bleach, Sango/Inuyasha
ACen 13 – Yoruichi/Bleach,Rocket Grunt
ACen 14 - Tracksuit Ryuko/Kill la kill
ACen 15 - Ryuko/Kill la kill

10 Years of Acen!
2007-2016

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users