• You cannot reply to this topic

Feeling a little stump. sister cosplay

#1 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29897

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Lately my sister and I would get the “cosplay bite” right after ACen. But now we don’t know what to be this year. Any suggestions?

Update

We are thinking about cosplaying as sister characters.

Do you know any or game characters that are sisters or like sisters?

This post has been edited by kitty wolf: 17 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

ACen 08-Toboe/Wolf's Rain
ACen 11- Yoruichi/Bleach, Sango/Inuyasha
ACen 13 – Yoruichi/Bleach,Rocket Grunt
ACen 14 - Tracksuit Ryuko/Kill la kill
ACen 15 - Ryuko/Kill la kill

10 Years of Acen!
2007-2016

#2 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

ACen goers are pretty receptive of old and new stuff...i'm working on a Otoya Ittoki (female) cosplay for this ACen cause it's just something i always wanted to do and my friend suggested it to me last year...i guess go with something you'd enjoy...and something you can wear in warm and humid enviroments...summer in chicago can be brutal on co-goers lol
If anyone has pics of the "crochet" leafeon please let me know! I can't seem to find any of the shots online T_T

#3 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

It's hard to make suggestions on who to cosplay because we all have different favorites and different tastes.
Instead, I can suggest some ways to find that cosplay.

1 - Start watching some new anime. Pick series that you think you might like but haven't seen already. Like, I see that you have done cosplays from Wolf's Rain, bleach and Inuyasha. So I would suggest watching Witch Hunter Robin/Blood +/ Black Butler (for Wolf' Rain), Naruto/Trigun/Soul Eater (For Bleach and Inuyasha). Also Hellsing. Just a great anime. Watching something new will inspire you with new characters.

2 - Choose based on your skill set Sometimes, it's easy to fall in love with a character with a bad@$$ outfit or prop. But you don't want to take on more than you can chew or get disappointed by tackling something that big if you don't have the skill set yet. Recognize your level and what you can do first. If you are just starting to learn how to sew - DO NOT tackle heavy embroidery. Or if you have only ever made small props out of cardboard, DO NOT tackle a full suit of armor. Put those aside for later..which leads us to...

3 - Make a Future cosplay list. Once you start watching all these new shows, you are probably going to find a lot of possible cosplay characters. Start making a list (with pictures). It helps so that a) when you are bitten by the cosplay bug again you have somewhere to start looking and B) helps you to visualize the kind of projects you plan on tackling in the future. It is also a great way (if you publicise this list) to get help and to see who else might be cosplaying that character or series.

Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing what you are going to cosplay in 2014!
A-Cen 2016: Friday Early: Hikaru Friday Late: Nightmare Moon Saturday: Wonder Woman Sunday: Hell Girl

A-cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) //// Fish Mooney //// Anthy //// Fluttershy (MLP:FIM)
A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#4 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Postblackcat18, on 25 August 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

ACen goers are pretty receptive of old and new stuff...i'm working on a Otoya Ittoki (female) cosplay for this ACen cause it's just something i always wanted to do and my friend suggested it to me last year...i guess go with something you'd enjoy...and something you can wear in warm and humid enviroments...summer in chicago can be brutal on co-goers lol

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 15 September 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

It's hard to make suggestions on who to cosplay because we all have different favorites and different tastes.Instead, I can suggest some ways to find that cosplay.1 - Start watching some new anime. Pick series that you think you might like but haven't seen already. Like, I see that you have done cosplays from Wolf's Rain, bleach and Inuyasha. So I would suggest watching Witch Hunter Robin/Blood +/ Black Butler (for Wolf' Rain), Naruto/Trigun/Soul Eater (For Bleach and Inuyasha). Also Hellsing. Just a great anime. Watching something new will inspire you with new characters.2 - Choose based on your skill set Sometimes, it's easy to fall in love with a character with a bad@$$ outfit or prop. But you don't want to take on more than you can chew or get disappointed by tackling something that big if you don't have the skill set yet. Recognize your level and what you can do first. If you are just starting to learn how to sew - DO NOT tackle heavy embroidery. Or if you have only ever made small props out of cardboard, DO NOT tackle a full suit of armor. Put those aside for later..which leads us to...3 - Make a Future cosplay list. Once you start watching all these new shows, you are probably going to find a lot of possible cosplay characters. Start making a list (with pictures). It helps so that a) when you are bitten by the cosplay bug again you have somewhere to start looking and B)/> helps you to visualize the kind of projects you plan on tackling in the future. It is also a great way (if you publicise this list) to get help and to see who else might be cosplaying that character or series.Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing what you are going to cosplay in 2014!

Thanks these are both great info that we could use.

Now here is my next question.

Do you know any or game characters that are sisters or like sisters?

I know the Thompson Sisters is one, but is there any others?

10 Years of Acen!
2007-2016

#5 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

Not sure on the age difference.. but maybe Kohaku and Hisui from Melty Blood? (Also moving to Construction, don't mind me.)

#6 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 25 September 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Not sure on the age difference.. but maybe Kohaku and Hisui from Melty Blood? (Also moving to Construction, don't mind me.)

(It's fine)

Maybe

I'll see what my sister will say.

10 Years of Acen!
2007-2016

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic