Thousand Sunny Build

#1 User is offline   Vineshia 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63360

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hi Everyone!

A group of my friends and I are going to do One Piece characters, and I was batting around the idea of having something for pictures. I ended up deciding I want to try and build the Thousand Sunny, not super big but big enough for a single person to sit in it comfortably for pictures. Obviously there are tons of reference pictures out there of the Sunny so that isn't an issue.

I am most concerned with the materials and actually putting it together. I am moderately handy, have access to any kind of power tool. I just was hoping some other moderatly handy people would open up with some ideas.

Things I know are important.

- The Mast will be detachable.
- It will need to be some kind of durable material (probably actual wood - unless anyone can think of something cheaper) so people can climb in and out of it with out much damage
- Tool suggestions....perhaps....

I really want to do this and if it goes well I hope a lot of people will get to use it....if not then I'm sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. I am also hoping to start soon, so if any disaster does happen I have a ton of time to adjust.

So any help at all is appreciated, and thank you any help given!
ACen 2017 - Let's Get Ready!

Miraculous Ladybug - Queen Bee (75%)

#2 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

to build the thousand sunny, I would suggest a few things. Do you want an easy tear down a put up one? If that's the case then cardboard and paper machete is the best way to go. I would first figure out how much space you would want to have for that one person. Might be a good idea to make it where it's just the front and back of the ship so it looks like you're standing inside it?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#3 User is offline   Vineshia 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63360

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:27 AM

Put up and tear down aren't an issue. I'm not worried about effort...and I was thinking of something more parade float like...I am thinking of wheels on the bottom to make travel easier though.
ACen 2017 - Let's Get Ready!

Miraculous Ladybug - Queen Bee (75%)

#4 User is offline   Emre-chan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19809

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

This would be absolutely amazing, I really hope you get it done in time! Be sure to post progress pictures in the thread
Cosplay Page
"How's your progress??"
ACen 2016: , , , ,

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users