• You cannot reply to this topic

Gas mask? Never bought one before

#1 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62879

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

I need some help again, this time with gas masks. I'm trying to buy a gas mask that's similar to this:

Spoiler

I checked on ebay but there were thousands and thousands of varieties and it confused me. Does anyone know what type of gas mask this is? Police standard, military, russian, etc.

This post has been edited by Level-5: 02 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

#2 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

I THINK I have a match for you. (My husband helped look this up - he's got a faceplate version from the Air Force.) It looks like it's a US military-style mask; try looking up the FR-M40 gas mask. You can also try the series from FR-M40 through FR-M50.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#3 User is offline   AkaRisu 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63327

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

If you're up for a challenge (and/or want to save money), you could make something like this from an average industrial-type respirator (I use one that looks a lot like that- only without the goggles-like part) to clean chemicals and use paints at work. You could add goggles/eyepieces and paint it (but, then, it may be less work to search for the above mask). Respirators can usually be found at hardware and some art supply stores.

#4 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62879

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostAkaRisu, on 02 June 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

If you're up for a challenge (and/or want to save money), you could make something like this from an average industrial-type respirator (I use one that looks a lot like that- only without the goggles-like part) to clean chemicals and use paints at work. You could add goggles/eyepieces and paint it (but, then, it may be less work to search for the above mask). Respirators can usually be found at hardware and some art supply stores.

I thought about making one myself but I don't really know how. Most of the tutorial were based on Borderline custom ones, Homestruck, etc. not actual gas masks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users