• This topic is locked

What We Leave Behind Feedback

#1 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

So like everyone else. I'd love some feedback on my panel What we Leave Behind: The Saddest Moments in Anime. First thing I want to address

I am so very very sorry for all of you that got turned away. I REALLY wasn't excepting that turnout. I was expecting maybe 50-100 people tops. I've been told there was around 200+ in the line for the panel. For all of those that could not get in I am so truly sorry. I will request a bigger room next year.

Also, I will request longer as well. I figured I'd get through all my clips and have about 30 mins for discussion....this did not happen. We about ran over time. So I will have more time next year

So what could I have changed? What should I do different? What moments do you feel were left out and should have been in? Let me know what you guys think
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

#2 User is offline   Dragonsbane117 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 29790

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I must say that I enjoyed the panel greatly. Some of the missing things I expected can be panels themselves, The Key animes (Kanon, Air, Clannad and Clannad: After Story), Grave of the Fireflies etc. However there are a few that got me that I missed. The ending to Wolfs Rain,
Spoiler

I would loved to have more time to discuss as you stated, as well as a bigger room. I was first in line and got there three hours early and still had a problem getting in due to line misunderstandings. I would also like a list of the shows you did go over once more, I watched Angel Beats because of the panel and it was great (I wish it was as long as the other Key animations but se la vie )

I jumped at the chance for this panel because often people overlook the anime that can deeply touch us.

Keep up the great work it was a awesome panel I just wanted more of it!

#3 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

I wasn't able to make it to this one! Did someone record it?

#4 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostDragonsbane117, on 29 May 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

I must say that I enjoyed the panel greatly. Some of the missing things I expected can be panels themselves, The Key animes (Kanon, Air, Clannad and Clannad: After Story), Grave of the Fireflies etc. However there are a few that got me that I missed. The ending to Wolfs Rain,
Spoiler

I would loved to have more time to discuss as you stated, as well as a bigger room. I was first in line and got there three hours early and still had a problem getting in due to line misunderstandings. I would also like a list of the shows you did go over once more, I watched Angel Beats because of the panel and it was great (I wish it was as long as the other Key animations but se la vie )

I jumped at the chance for this panel because often people overlook the anime that can deeply touch us.

Keep up the great work it was a awesome panel I just wanted more of it!

Thank you so much for the feedback. I greatly appreciate it. I will definitely be looking into Grave of the Fireflies. A lot of people suggested it. I will definitely also be getting a bigger room next year and lengthening the panel to about 2 hours.

@cactusmomma. I unfortunately didn't record it. I forgot my camcorder

For those interested, I will be running this panel again at Anime Midwest. It'll be a little shorter but I hope to get the more heartstring tugging moments. And of course look out for this panel again at ACen 2014
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users