Feedback After Day One

#31 User is offline   The Chainmail Guy 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61314

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 24 May 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

For those of you interested, we have had 5 complete submissions in our feedback form. :)/>/>

I know I'm one of the ones being slow to get over there, but I will do it this weekend. I've just had to get back to dealing with real life again :(/>.

#32 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

For those of you interested, we have had 5 complete submissions in our feedback form. :)/>

I never received an email with the Feedback form or saw it on the forums, Voltaire? Could you possibly post here or re-send it out?
Thanks!

I will be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#33 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostIcyPanther, on 24 May 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

I never received an email with the Feedback form or saw it on the forums, Voltaire? Could you possibly post here or re-send it out?
Thanks!

There was a web address in the packet they handed out when you checked into the Alley (on the bottom of the second page). It's: http://www.ACen.org/...hibiting-survey

Hope that helps! ^_^

...it's alright to post the link here, isn't it? I mean, I don't really see why it wouldn't be, but I'm surprised Voltaire himself didn't do so earlier, so it made me wonder if he didn't want it out on the forums...? Feel free to get rid of the link if that does happen to be the case - just thought it might make more people aware of it.

This post has been edited by Gwydion: 25 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

#34 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Thank you Gwydion! My sister accidentally threw out the whole packet when she was cleaning up all the programming guides and the like ^^; Last year there was a email so I wasn't too worried, but looks like that didn't happen (yet!).
I will be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#35 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Yay, the link! Thank you! Someone's suitcase or convention gremlins ate our paper packet; no one in my studio has it, apparently. I ended up wondering if the general convention survey was the one we were supposed to use for AA as well. :(

*goes off to fill out the right survey and share link with studiomates*

#36 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostGwydion, on 25 May 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

There was a web address in the packet they handed out when you checked into the Alley (on the bottom of the second page). It's: http://www.ACen.org/...hibiting-survey

Hope that helps! Posted Image

...it's alright to post the link here, isn't it? I mean, I don't really see why it wouldn't be, but I'm surprised Voltaire himself didn't do so earlier, so it made me wonder if he didn't want it out on the forums...? Feel free to get rid of the link if that does happen to be the case - just thought it might make more people aware of it.

It's fine. I didn't sent it out over email or the forums because I wanted to see how useful the packet and my team's directions at con were. It takes a significant amount of time to assemble all of them, and with our supply of folders dwindling, I needed to do a short and simple review of their effectiveness to gauge whether it would be beneficial to purchase more for following years. ;) So far... we already have a lot to consider for next year XD
It is as good of a time as any to have it posted though. Thank you :)
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

#37 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

IcyPanther, Tokoz - You're welcome! ^_^ I figured some people had probably lost it, so I'm glad I could help!

Voltaire - Ahhhh, I see! Sorry if I posted it a bit premature for your experiment! ^_^;;

This post has been edited by Gwydion: 26 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

#38 User is offline   Karmada 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 15495

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

For those of you interested, we have had 5 complete submissions in our feedback form. :)/>

Was the feedback form going to be sent via email? Or was it the form that was through the QR code in the packet we were given? It looked like it said "exhibitors", but I wasn't sure if that counted alley people.

I had such a great time this year, I wanted to send my praises!

#39 User is offline   Sapphy 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11260

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

Thank you for the link!

I'll be honest--I kept the packet around during the convention itself (for the information about contacting IRT should the need arise), but after the convention I hadn't looked at it at all. I wouldn't have remembered that there was a feedback survey if I didn't read it here first.
Visit Happy Hatpire Designs on Etsy: http://hatpire.etsy.com
Tumblr: http://hatpire.tumblr.com
Happy Hatpire Designs will be at Anime Central and Anime Midwest in 2015!

#40 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostGwydion, on 26 May 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Voltaire - Ahhhh, I see! Sorry if I posted it a bit premature for your experiment! ^_^;;

No Harm no Foul. The convention is still going a mile a minute for some of us on staff until the "end" of the convention year, and to be honest, it was on my list of items to accomplish. So I prefer to think of it as unplanned teamwork Posted Image

View PostKarmada, on 26 May 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Was the feedback form going to be sent via email? Or was it the form that was through the QR code in the packet we were given? It looked like it said "exhibitors", but I wasn't sure if that counted alley people.

I had such a great time this year, I wanted to send my praises!

Thank you! Yep, it is the one with the QR Code in the packet, and it is used for both Artists and Exhibitors but we are able to separate the two different sections based on the first couple of questions.

From an internal perspective, we don't have an Artist Alley, Art Show, or Vendor Hall Department anymore. We dissolved all of those into one department "Exhibit Space" a number of years ago (the first convention to do that I might add ;) )and we have been slowly introducing the change in a more public manner these past few years. So some of the terminology has started to bleed over, which at this point is slightly unavoidable. We are trying to make it a seemingly seamless transition that doesn't affect the Alley or atmosphere in a negative way, but eventually people will notice changes like older email address consolidation (in case you haven't noticed that artists@ACen.org doesn't exist anymore already).
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

#41 User is offline   The Chainmail Guy 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61314

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on 27 May 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

From an internal perspective, we don't have an Artist Alley, Art Show, or Vendor Hall Department anymore. We dissolved all of those into one department "Exhibit Space" a number of years ago (the first convention to do that I might add ;)/> )and we have been slowly introducing the change in a more public manner these past few years. So some of the terminology has started to bleed over, which at this point is slightly unavoidable. We are trying to make it a seemingly seamless transition that doesn't affect the Alley or atmosphere in a negative way, but eventually people will notice changes like older email address consolidation (in case you haven't noticed that artists@ACen.org doesn't exist anymore already).

I did not realize that, but now that you mention it, it does make a lot of sense. I only sell at one other con (just can't do the output to manage any more with this only being a hobby for me), but I've been to several, and I do notice there seems to be an unspoken animosity between dealers and artists. Usually dealers seem to get first choice on perks (more exposure, less hassle for food/drink, etc), while the artists are left to scrounge on the remains since they're not paying out as much to attend. While there is some truth to the 'you get what you pay for' idea, the attitude and treatment is where I think it really needs adjustment. There is a distinct lack of that at ACen from everything I see. Dealers get the bigger space and electricity and stuff that they pay more for, but treatment by staff always looks to be equal to me. So, I suppose you could say I do notice a different atmosphere compared to other cons, but it's very much one for the better. Kind of going back to one of my favorite sayings from Futurama: "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users