Anime Central Forums: Japanese Exploitation and B-Cinema (18+) - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Japanese Exploitation and B-Cinema (18+)

#1 User is offline   khodgen12 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60991

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Welcome all to our second year of low grade wonderful cinematic masterpieces! Come join us as we take a journey through the directors, history, and appeal of exploitation films from Japan. Anything from art house quality to big studios and big money films will be covered as we give our love and homage to the films we love and try to expose anyone that comes a view into films and movies they might never have heard of before. Clips of a great many films as well as discussions into different forms of exploitation films that have come from Japan as well as different directors collective works will be showcased. If you love exploitation films, don't know what they are, or just love different movies then come join us!

P.S. Remember it is 18+!

#2 User is offline   BadAnimeGroup 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63078

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

This sounds awesome.

Any films in particular that you're going to focus on? The name is on the tip of my tongue, I'm trying to remember a director that was traumatized in his youth by an exploitation film he wound up seeing in a theater.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and My Anime List (if you're so inclined).

#3 User is offline   khodgen12 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60991

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostBadAnimeGroup, on 18 April 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

This sounds awesome.

Any films in particular that you're going to focus on? The name is on the tip of my tongue, I'm trying to remember a director that was traumatized in his youth by an exploitation film he wound up seeing in a theater.

We've got a nice grouping of directors to get through with specific movies to highlight with each. As is usual for the two of us we tend to have to hurry up at one point or another to try to fit everything in ^_^;

As for specifics we should be covering in terms of directors: Minoru Kawasaki, Takashi Miike (though that'll be more minimum since we're doing a panel on him the day prior), Sion Sono, Noboru Iguchi, Yudai Yamaguchi, Gakuryu Ishii, Seijun Suzuki, and a bunch more. In terms of movies we've got quite a few to go over so I'm not even sure where to start. Some favorites we'll be sure to cover would be Wild Zero, Branded to Kill, Battlefield Baseball, and Executive Koala. There will be all manner of exploitation and b-grade cinema to behold.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users